PDA

View Full Version : Flailing

ljb5
09-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Flailing would be the way to descibe Tom Coburn's (Republican) run for the Senate in Oklahoma.

Previously thought to be the strong new voice for social, religious and fiscal conservatives, in the past couple of weeks he has tripped all over himself.

First, he called the reisdents of Oklahoma City "crapheads." Then he made disparaging remarks about Native Americans.

Now it turns out that this extreme anti-abortion doctor has performed abortions and sterilized a young woman without her consent. As if that weren't enough, he warned her not to tell anyone about it and then billed Medicaid for the illegal operation.

Naturally, he's plummeting in the polls, but don't worry, he's brought in a new campaign manager -- Jason Miller, who until recently was the campaign manager for Republican Jack Ryan now despised by conservatives (but admired by Star Trek fans) for pressuring his wife to have sex in public.

Apparently, Coburn is counting on Oklahoma conservatives being nearly as hypocritical as he is.

ljb5
09-21-2004, 06:35 PM
And things aren't going any better for Tom Delay (http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?id=2004092118300002999752&dt=20040921183000&w=RTR&coview=)

Whooo doggie! Three of his top guys indicted on more than twenty counts of money laundering and accepting ulawful political contributions. Eight corporations caught up in it as well -- and I'd bet there's more to come.

I know, I know, it's all Clinton's fault, but wouldn't it be funny to think just for a little while that some Republicans were responsible for themselves?

Phillip Allen
09-21-2004, 06:37 PM
it wasn't sex

WFK
09-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Well done 5,.....I see you've moved past memogate :rolleyes:

Chris Boers
09-21-2004, 06:50 PM
Drivel

ljb5
09-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Chris Boers:
DrivelDrivel would be a critique of Laura Bush's hairstyle.

This is money laundering, illegal campaign financing, abortion, forced sterilization and Medicaid fraud.

I think maybe this is a little more significant. The voters of Oklahoma apparently think so also.

LeeG
09-21-2004, 07:57 PM
hmm, not even a full moon out tonight.

Rogue Sailor
09-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Drivel would be a critique of Laura Bush's hairstyle. Psst! You're loosin'it.

John Bell
09-21-2004, 08:12 PM
LJ, what have I gotta do to get on your DNC talking point mailing list? I mean, you live in Wisconsin, right? How izzit you know so much about OK politics?

You still ain't sent me my Kerry bumper sticker yet. I told you I'd put it to good use down here in the red zone. Yer' runnin' outta time!

Oh, and the next time you're in the DNC HQ in DC, say hi to my cousin. I'll see if she can pull some strings with McAuliffe and get you a raise. You're doin' a GREAT job!

[ 09-21-2004, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: John Bell ]

ljb5
09-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by John Bell:
How izzit you know so much about OK politics?John, it's so easy! All you have to do is pay attention.

John Bell
09-21-2004, 08:34 PM
"Life, meet LJ"

"LJ, this is Life. You two really need to get to know each other. You don't know it yet, but you are soulmates. Really, I promise! I see the beginning of a beautiful relationship... Now you two kids run along and do what comes naturally! "

alteran
09-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by John Bell:
"Life, meet LJ"

"LJ, this is Life. You two really need to get to know each other. You don't know it yet, but you are soulmates. Really, I promise! I see the beginning of a beautiful relationship... Now you two kids run along and do what comes naturally! "Don't tell his wife but LBJ5 and Terry Mcauliffe are having an affair. Left wing loonies in love, ain't it grand.......

Kev Smyth
09-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey, while you're out there "paying attention," what's the scoop on Tom Daschel's chances?

True Love
09-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Assuming what you claim is true, ljb, then this fellow sounds like a great (and typical) candidate for your side. Just how'd you guys miss out?

Meerkat
09-21-2004, 11:02 PM
The Dems are no longer taking applications from known neocons. They want to keep the traitors in one party. It will make it easier to clean them up later.

Keep your Republican Party card current, comrades. We want to keep track of you! :D

ljb5
09-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by True Love:
Assuming what you claim is true, ljb, then this fellow sounds like a great (and typical) candidate for your side. Just how'd you guys miss out?Oh, it's true all right.

Saying that he sounds like a candidate for my party is a cop-out. He is a candidate for your party. I don't care what it sounds like to you. I live in reality and in reality, he's a Republican.

And he's in so much trouble that his campaign is about to go national.

[ 09-22-2004, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: ljb5 ]