PDA

View Full Version : Hey Yall, remember me?

Cape Hatteras
03-10-2001, 11:04 PM
Hey Yall,

How of yall been doing? Sorry I havent been on here in FOREVER!!! I havent been too buisy on my Swift lately. I dont really have that much left to do to it. I have been taking it out on the pond about once a month, or so. It is fun out there!!! And thats without a motor!!! I am going to be taking it out on the lake come september. Thats when I get my license. I am looking for a vehicle to drive now. I am going to get a military humvee, and fix it up to drive. I have been riding around on my 3 wheeler a lot, thats been my main hobby lately.

Heres my website if you want to see what ive been up to.

http://coreysmarina.8k.com

sign the guestbook!!!

glad to be back!

Corey

Eb
03-11-2001, 01:25 AM
Hey Corey,

Good to see you back, and nice to see your boat floating.

Eb

rbgarr
03-11-2001, 06:41 AM
Hello Corey-

Please be careful on your three wheeler. A friend's son here in Georgia is paralyzed after breaking his neck on one of those when he nosed over. Don't pull a DE (Dale Earnhardt) either... we'd miss you, and so would your turtles and swan.

paladin
03-11-2001, 09:48 AM
Corey,
Why on earth would you want a HummVee? They are not the best constructed devices on the road, the body shells won't stop BB's, parts are ultra expensive when and if you can find them, and after you put 10-20 thousand bucks in it you still have a $5000 vehicle.....and the not least of which they are underpowered for the weight. They are heavy and gas guzzlers....and then there's the insurance. I hope your rich!
Now...all that said...a pre 1977 chevy yukon/tahoe has more power, a better transmission and better all around rolling stock than the HumVee. In fact, GM bought the rights to the HumVee and now markets it using all GM hardware. Get yourself a copy of KitCars magazine....and you can find a body kit that fits the '77 and earlier GM frame etc, cheaper, lighter and the bodies are welded 1/8 inch steel.....and it is better with gas.....and it looks better.

paladin
03-11-2001, 09:58 AM
Check out the website for www.classicroadsters.com (http://www.classicroadsters.com) and look at the Badlands RT. Good luck.
We needed something like this for some advertising and it was far cheaper to have these built up than to rent the real thing and sustain damage.you could getthe 77 Gm chassis now and have it ready to go by the time you got your license.

NormMessinger
03-11-2001, 11:29 AM
Welcome back Cory. I figured you'd got yourself a girl friend and we'd never hear from you again.

In the catagory of "the price you pay when hanging out with old coots": A three wheeler is is what every boy needs for his last birthday. Unlike rbgarr's friend, my friend's son is dead!

So how does the Cape Hattras Lighthouse look in its new Location?

Best.

--Norm

NormMessinger
03-11-2001, 11:31 AM
paladinsfo, why did the Humbee replace the trust worthy Jeep. I could guess but you probably know.

--Norm

paladin
03-11-2001, 05:52 PM
Politics and money...contracts.....

Ed Harrow
03-11-2001, 06:48 PM
Hi Corey! Welcome home http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/smile.gif. About that three wheeler - what the others said... You and your boat = very http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/cool.gif

CharlieSanti
03-11-2001, 07:45 PM
Hi Corey, I am still alive and recovering from my heart problems. Talk to you on ICQ again some day. Charlie

Cape Hatteras
03-11-2001, 08:40 PM
Hey ED!! Happy to be HOME!!!

Charlie, I havent herd anything from you in a couple weeks on icq! glad to hear your doing good!

paladin
03-12-2001, 06:36 AM
actually a v-6 engine in a late model jeep has a better power to weight ratio, a lot cheaper, low insurance and gets fairly good gas mileage if you don't go for the top-of-the-line horseypower.

cs
03-12-2001, 07:44 AM
I feel the need to defend the honor of the HMMWV. Our unit was fitted to HMMWV in 1990 prior to going to the desert. Up untill that time we had M-151's. If you get one with a diesel you will not have any problems with power. They have a lot more power than the old jeeps and are a lot more stable. They are not made for top end, but I have had them at 75 mph and they will hold that pace all day. They will pull a trailer and go anywhere. I don't know anything about the civilian version but the military version is defintly a step up over the M-151.

Corey keep in mind that if you get a surpluss HMMWV parts may be a little pricey and hard to come by. Best of luck.

BTW HMMWV or HUMVEE stands for "Highly Mobile Multi-Wheeled Vehicle"

Chad Smith

paladin
03-12-2001, 09:45 AM
Hi Chad,
I wasn't referring to getting an M-151...but a commercial jeep. The M-151 chassis will bend if one wheel hits a pothole, and the engine and transmission weren't designed for repair but throw away and get a new one....used them in Vietnam. Ford did a good sell to uncle Sam with that three layer tin chassis.......

Cape Hatteras
03-12-2001, 07:15 PM
Hey yall,

I know that parts will be expensive. But I have a good souse, EBAY!!! Ive been watching the parts on there, they arent TOOO bad. I need a lot of poer too for it! Pulling all my future boats to the lake!!! And i know it will be able to pull my swift with ease!!