PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Scot

On Vacation
02-16-2003, 04:29 PM
I did it in a spoof to the group that have continued to claim me as being Dutchrub. If you could clear this matter up in open forum, this would be great. I would have sent you an e-mail, but my mail server is completely down today. I have used the private mail route to communicate with a few here.

Scot
02-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Yup. I believe you and Dutch Rub are indeed different users.

-Scot

On Vacation
02-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks again. Sometimes the work never seems to end here. I hope this will squelch some and make it more pleasent here.

Mr. Know It All
02-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Scot.....If you would be so kind. Please let me know where Dutch is posting from?
What city is all I need to know and then I'll be kissing Oyster's ass I guess. :D
Peace----> Kevin in Ohio

stan v
02-16-2003, 04:40 PM
I am happy, very happy, to be proven wrong. If a person can be proven innocent, can one be proven guilty? Scot, catch the a**hole!

Chris Coose
02-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Oyster,
I'm glad that is established.
Now maybe you could take a look at what it is about your style that would have us thinking that you and Dutch would be one in the same.
I don't mean this as a dig in any way. I'm offering it as a suggestion in support.

Johannah
02-16-2003, 04:56 PM
No Chris. No one is responsible to explain why he/she is a victim.

Dutch Rub
02-16-2003, 04:57 PM
I have also been redeemed- I told every one here I was not Oyster and was not believed- nobody should have to take the fall for anothers transgressions.

[ 02-16-2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Dutch Rub ]

On Vacation
02-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Chris, I have spent what little time I have had here defending myself. Lets look at this matter. When Dutchrub took to changing login names, he changed them to fit the need of the particular post or thread that he chose to trash. When his login was locked he took to the stlye of memicking? my posts, which fit his need to put the blame on me.

The ones that chose to jump on the bandwagon about me being the same, did so in a quick and shallow thought process. Lets look at what happened last night. I posted a reply to Norm on the thread:
http://media5.hypernet.com/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=008011&p=

about why I was in the bilge. His reply last night was verbatum that he worked on boats all day and wished for a diversion at night.

Read my reply to Norm on the thread I posted and you will find that this is my reply. It is someone that frequents the forum regularly and knows a lot of the past history of the forum ups and downs or someone changing logins to suit the need and could be the same flamer that posts false accusations toward me.

Think about it. Why would I open up a thread to argue with myself? If that is what the forum thinks of my past history, I really need not participate at all. I have probably posted 10 to 15 posts the past month at all. Some posts has been just trying to defend myself against shallow reponses from a special group of a few.

I have gotten a lot out of the forum or I would have never bothered. I tired many approaches from leaving the bilge, posting in other sections, but when the trash ended up on my threads or after my posts, this becamed too much for me to enjoy. I stopped, but just a few general replies.

Dutch Rub
02-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Mimicking Oysters style? Holy God in heaven - I never did that on purpose and if I didnt do it on purpose it means I must be like Oyster in some way-

I hope its only in that we learned typing using the same method. :confused:

On Vacation
02-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks Johannah very much and Mike, I hope you get your life on track.

Dutch Rub
02-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Oyster-

Please do not delete this thread-it is the only time we may ever have definitive proof that you and me aint US! :D

Roger Stouff
02-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Kevin,
I don't think Scot can offer the information you requested without liability. However, as a former forum moderator, I can tell you it's fairly easy to verify if two users are the same. If that helps clarif... smile.gif

R

On Vacation
02-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Know It All:
Scot.....If you would be so kind. Please let me know where Dutch is posting from?
What city is all I need to know and then I'll be kissing Oyster's ass I guess. :D
Peace----> Kevin in OhioMan the full moon does do funny things when it comes to the subject of LOVE. :D

Dutch Rub
02-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
Prove it Scot Bell. Prove that Oyster is not
Dutch Rub.

I'll be a believer then. You can't show proof of
anything. You are lame. And you have let
Oyster ruin your forum.

You don't have any personal contacts with anyone
because you don't have the time so you say.

You can have the WoodenBoat Forum Oyster.
Stick it completely up your small minded ass.

You will never gain acceptance among your peers.

My feelings are you have run off every friend
you have ever had and all that's left is the internet.I didnt want the snake to erase this and everyone to forget that he said it.

[ 02-16-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Dutch Rub ]

On Vacation
02-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Dutch, lets just let sleeping things stay and go on about our business of a better place for all. This also includes you. We have to put up with you, so be NICE. Okay?

Mr. Know It All
02-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Well Mike of Oyster, I told you if you could prove you were not Dutch Rub I'd kiss your ass. I'm breaking out the chapstick now. Guess I am wrong and I'll have to be man enough to admit it. I'm sorry.

Roger, I'm sure you are right. I didn't think of that.

I'm gonna take a few steps back and look at my own behavior before I say anything else.
Peace---> Kevin in Ohio

Wiley Baggins
02-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Know It All:
I'm gonna take a few steps back [and get a running start for a full impact cheek-to-lips encounter].
Peace---> Kevin in OhioShamelessly edited for amusement purposes. Don't try this at home (or at Oyster's house), kids.

Mr. Know It All
02-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Wiley....I guess I have that coming but at least I do what I say I'm gonna do. :D

On Vacation
02-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks Kevin, but I just wish that the ones indirectly hurt, meaning the ones that just read the forum and the ones that has been trashed by some here will find in their own way to get over the past few months from the depths and will again appear and help put this forum back on track. Regards Mike.

capt jake
02-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Well I feel enlightened and also fell better now, thank you.

I also hope that others will return, as have I, to this world of wooden boats. It's a great place to be. smile.gif

Joe (SoCal)
02-17-2003, 12:20 AM
HMM now the question to ask is Dutch Rub Memphis Mike ? Or even is Dutch rub anyone who regularly uses the forum under another name?

On Vacation
02-17-2003, 08:37 AM
The fact is that its unhealthy for the overall forum for a person or groups to even consider accusing anyone, if you don't have the facts to back it up. Ever heard of what gossip does in the real world? Joe, this is just what happens when e-mails are exchanged without regard of the consequences, and then print it or speak it as fact.

stan v
02-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Does this mean that you will have a positive contribution to the forum? Perhaps start with your signature, a change would be nice.

Dutch Rub
02-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I think maybe MMike has been bounced from the forum. I dont think he can keep his mouth closed for this long. :D

On Vacation
02-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Well, thanks to some here, Stan, I am unable to change anything. But if you have been able to share the water with many of the modern day boaters, you will soon agree that many people have no business being on the water at all. With the way some choose to maintain and operate their vessels, thank heavens there is a God.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-17-2003, 09:25 AM
You should try boating sometime Stan... it's a nice hobby. :D

stan v
02-17-2003, 09:33 AM
So, I can't change my signature to say....a peace sign?

On Vacation
02-17-2003, 09:39 AM
Can't tell you, Stan, but I can't change a thing. I think some of the happenings has indeed modified many issues here. We were all warmed and many threads were opened up addressing this fact. Thats all I will have to say on this issue. Lets just move on.

Memphis Mike
02-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dutch Rub:
I think maybe MMike has been bounced from the forum. I dont think he can keep his mouth closed for this long. :D Don't bet on it.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Here Stan ... use this one

\'/
-0-
/'\

[ 02-17-2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Peter Malcolm Jardine ]