PDA

View Full Version : Temple Mount Collapse..inevitable

Norske3
09-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Could lead to regional war....web page (http://www.jnewswire.com/library/article.php?articleid=312)

Bruce Hooke
09-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Yikes...that does sound scary.

It is worth noting that similar fears were expressed 2 years ago: http://www.cbn.com/CBNNews/CWN/111502temple.asp

Bruce G
09-27-2004, 08:11 PM
So is the world just to accept that the Muslims have no self control? Are we supposed to turn a blind eye to their rage against anyone who is not Muslim?

This is just a bunch of bull sh!t for the world to be afraid of them starting a regional war because THEIR actions could cause the temple mount to fall.

Why should the world walk on egg shells for these people? This just makes me sick. Everyone else is held accountable to his/her actions unless he/she is a Muslim, because then we will just have to turn a blind eye to their misguided rage.

Time for these people to start to grow up and stop blaming others for their own actions. They wonder why millions of their own people are starving, they wonder why they still live in the dirt~ they should look at themselves for the answers and stop blaming everyone else! :mad:

ahp
09-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Sometimes I think the only solution is to turn administration of the entire "Holy Land" over to Buddists.

Paul Pless
09-28-2004, 09:54 AM
ahp,

what a fantastic sentiment smile.gif

paul

Boomkin Joe
09-28-2004, 11:40 AM
"Mr Meerkat? Cheney speaking."

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-28-2004, 12:06 PM
"The start of Ramadan typically sees up tp 300,000 Muslims ascend the Temple Mount to pray to their God, Allah"
That tells us all that we need to know, to see where this is coming from, and I am not inclined to pay the slightest attention to it.

Matt J.
09-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Aside from the "their God" what part do you assume incorrect, ACB? That the Temple is not in danger, that the muslim faithful won't ascend it, or that there would be big trouble whether something is done (interfering with religious obligations) or not (high death tolls)?

I see why you'd hesitate to listen to something that could appear biased - certainly there is bias in the source... but the "factual" parts seem reasonable / rational enough. Enough to make me wonder about the situation. Just curious.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Well, Matt, it was the "their God" bit that rang bells, for sure, but it made me compare this article with the CNN one, and I see that the number of "faithful" has somehow tripled. Bulging wall, poor quality construction, yes; risk to life and limb, certainly, but "collapse of Temple Mount" killing 300,000 and triggering another holocaust, well, no, not this time.

Scott Rosen
09-28-2004, 05:57 PM
jnewswire is a rag of the worst order. It's run by extremists and it is not in any way "mainstream" reporting out of Israel. The editorial policy is far to the right of Ariel Sharon and George Bush. These are people who would like to keep the Israeli settlements in Gaza. You could read it for the opinions, but I wouldn't rely on it for anything factual.

Scott Rosen
09-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Here's a different Israeli opinion on the same story. web page (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/482613.html)

If you are intested in news from Israel, there are two major newspapers, which are roughly equivalent to the New York Times and/or Washington Post in terms of their stature in the country. Ha'aretz and the Jerusalem Post. Both have websites with stories and opinion on line.

jnewswire is worse than the National Enquirer.

Norske3
09-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Jerusalem Post

web page (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1096344046538)

[ 09-28-2004, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Norske3 ]

Bruce Hooke
09-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Thank you Scott and Andrew for your insights into the situation...

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-29-2004, 06:16 AM
I feel more comfortable with Ha'aretz than with the Jerusalem Post, which is a part of the (former?) Conrad Black empire, along with the British "Daily Telegraph", and which certainly "has an agenda", but perhaps my own political bias is showing!

Anyway, thanks, Scott, Norske and Bruce. Seeing four versions of the same story is quite an education in the ways of the Press!

To sum up very crudely:

CNN - "here is a scary tale from a distant land!"
Jnewswire - "the Arabs are to blame!"
Jerusalem Post - "the Israeli Government is to blame for being too soft on the Arabs!"
Ha'aretz - "this is tricky; let's all be careful!"

[ 09-29-2004, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Craig-Bennett ]

Boomkin Joe
09-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Pray for the ceiling, pray for the prayer mats, lalala...

Scott Rosen
09-29-2004, 07:10 AM
I share your preferences, Andrew. The JP is right of center, Ha'aretz to the left. But to me the most important difference is that the Ha'aretz is a Hebrew language paper, written for internal Israeli consumption. JP is an English language paper, written primarily for foreign consumption.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks for another useful insight, Scott!

George.
09-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Sometimes, in the bilge of my mind, I think the only way out would be to nuke Jerusalem, and see if anyone wants to fight over the ashes... :(

Norske3
10-02-2004, 08:17 AM
TM Activists talk of blowing up the Mount. web page (http://www.maarivintl.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=article&articleID=10153)

Norske3
10-02-2004, 09:11 AM
The completion of Christs prophecy ..with the fall of the "wailing wall" still in the (near?) future>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Book of Matthew:
...as spokened to his disciples as they viewed the temple..."See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here ONE STONE UPON ANOTHER, that shall not be thrown down"......a collapse by earthquake perhaps?
web page (http://www.guardian.co.uk/flash/0,5860,688752,00.html)

Osborne Russel
10-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Norske3:
The completion of Christs prophecy ..with the fall of the "wailing wall" still in the (near?) future>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Book of Matthew:
...as spokened to his disciples as they viewed the temple..."See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here ONE STONE UPON ANOTHER, that shall not be thrown down"......a collapse by earthquake perhaps?MEM'ers do love their prophecy. Everybody else's is baloney -- Nostradamus, astrology, etc. -- but prophecy itself, well, that's God talking. So I guess it's important to pick the right prophecy, which can be tough, since they all sound so ridiculous. Which one is the real God one?

Osborne Russel
10-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Bruce G:
Why should the world walk on egg shells for these people? This just makes me sick. Everyone else is held accountable to his/her actions unless he/she is a Muslim, because then we will just have to turn a blind eye to their misguided rage.MEM in general, not just Islam, is like this. Enough already.