View Full Version : Danica Patrick on pole for today's IRL race

Tar Devil
07-03-2005, 09:51 AM
http://www.indycar.com/drivers/photos/dpatrick.jpg

You go, Girl!

N. Scheuer
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
No doubt she's for real.

About her weight being a factor; A.J. Foyt was a big guy and also a winner. Anyone believing Danica has an unfair advantage might just practice some "pushaways" (from the fried chicken and/or ribs).

Moby Nick

High C
07-04-2005, 08:28 AM
I wonder where she would've qualified if there was an extra 80 lb weight in her car?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
07-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Would that weight be to compensate for her competitors' beer guts?

Every F1 driver I have seen has been extremely lean and fit, because there is no servo assistance to steering or braking - to fit it would add weight. You have to be really fit to drive a racing car. She's for real and good luck to her.

High C
07-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett:
Would that weight be to compensate for her competitors' beer guts?

Every F1 driver I have seen has been extremely lean and fit, because there is no servo assistance to steering or braking - to fit it would add weight. You have to be really fit to drive a racing car. She's for real and good luck to her.Your post contradicts itself, so I shan't say a word. tongue.gif ;)

BrianW
07-04-2005, 04:02 PM
This must have been mentioned before, but why doesn't anyone complain about horse jockies being so small? smile.gif

Stiletto
07-04-2005, 05:48 PM
The horses are happy with the status quo. :D

Ross M
07-04-2005, 06:27 PM
CART, at least, can not emulate F1 and include driver weight in the minimum. To do so would result in every race being won by Paul Tracy :D

Ross

Beowolf
07-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I can't believe that this much credence is being give to something said by Robby "Crash" Gordon... :rolleyes: I don't konw why he doesn't just get his hands on an indy car, qualify high, and then take her out of the race in the first few laps like he does to everyone else...

So she can handle a 230 mph racecar with only 60% the body mass of her male counterparts...Now we scream it's unfair?

Create a women's indy racing league of equal monetary reward and prestige or else shut up and get outta here. Go find some little backwoods, redneck bar where the clientel might care what you think.

And take Hootie Johnson with you.

Jeff