PDA

View Full Version : Old Friend on TV

Joe (SoCal)
08-06-2004, 11:15 PM
OK so I'm flipping channels and HELLO who do I see on TLC ---- While You Were Out! An old friend.

A life time ago I lived in Jersey City, NJ as an artist in a huge loft down by the water. I was buddies with this fashion guy Mark Montano. We used to throw AMAZING loft parties with hundreds of funky people we ran the show. We had drink girls and built a marble toped bar (The factory was once an old marble cutting factory) Music and made a ton of cash. We did it for kicks and had fun. We would meet and have breakfast every morning and BS. He eventually moved to NYC and opened a boutique and I moved and got married and you know the rest. Its soo wild to see someone become a minor celeb. He is the fashion coordinator or something like that on the show. I just emailed him after 6 or so years.

Jack Heinlen
08-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Kinda fun!

I don't know if you listen to NPR's 'Marketplace', but one of their regular correspondents, Bob Moon, lived three doors down from me in our college dorm our sophomore year. I, never real tight with him, spent more hours than I wish to tell in the company of him and others, um, well, smoking things that were not officially sanctioned, and blithering idiotically.

Weird and funny to hear him reporting on the radio almost every evening. 'Moonman' has made it to the big time! ;)

imported_Dutch
08-07-2004, 07:09 AM
I knew the guy who was the last prisoner killed inside the walls of Moundsville State prison.

Dennis Marshall
08-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Wow, Dutch! I used to live 20 minutes from Moundsville. You've made my day. Here I am -- a minor celebrity, and I did not even know it!

Dennis

John E Hardiman
08-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Just make sure they spell you name right in the little text across the bottom while doing the interview. I'm still invisible because of that. smile.gif