PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing news

cs
05-03-2005, 09:11 AM
A building proposal for an Islamic mosque is stirring up heated debate in Whitfield County, Georgia.
"We just believe we shouldn't have it in our community. Kids get involved in it, get off worse in things than what they are now," said Ray Hobbs, Whitfield County resident. "We believe in the Bible, 100% in the church. We believe that God didn't ordain that."
"When I lay down to bed at night, I don't wanna think about being blown up," said LaQuita Brewster.
"I believe in freedom of religion, freedom of speech, but when you teach hate in the community... you see in the news everyday what the Islams do... we just don't believe in it," said Hobbs.Attitudes like that will ruin this country. I'm appalled and scared at the ignorance of some people.

Chad

http://www.newschannel9.com/engine.pl?station=wtvc&id=1045&template=breakout_story1.shtml&dateformat=%M+%e,%Y

[ 05-03-2005, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: cs ]

Gresham CA
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
You are absolutely right Chad. However, I believe that attitudes like that are in the minority not the majority. I like to believe that anyway.

Beowolf
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Things like this make me both frightened and sad.

Gresham CA
05-03-2005, 09:22 AM
That was me Norman.

I have to disagree with you, I think they are becoming more vocal and the media in it's quest to "report" the news has become the bullhorn for these folks.

edited for fat fingers

[ 05-03-2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Gresham CA ]

NormMessinger
05-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Talk about hate: Atlantic Monthly, current issue, had a little note about the content of the literature Saudi Arabia is (was, they say) stocking libraries in the mosques in this country with. Scary!

cs
05-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Whether they are a majority or a minority doesn't really change the fact that it scares me.

That is not the Christian attitude I was taught when growing up, but than these are probably the same type of people that taught me my ideas. If they teach one thing than practise another, that is hypocrisy, and that is excatly the reason I don't attend church.

I believe, but I don't want to be surroneded by hypocrites.

Chad