PDA

View Full Version : Steriods 50% Pro. Baseball Players Are 'Users'

jwaldin
12-04-2004, 08:47 AM
A Pro baseball lawyer says at least 50% of Pro baseball players take steriods and at least 80% take some type of pregame stimulant.
This is drug abuse and it is cheating. In no other sport or in any business would this be tolerated.
Should the home run records and Olympic medals be disallowed if anyone is convicted of taking illegal drugs?

Harry Miller
12-04-2004, 01:02 PM
In "Ball Four" Jim Bouton reveals that many if not most major league players were taking stimulants - speed etc - in 1969. Why is this a new story?
I recall reading the results of a survey of Olympic athletes who were asked if they would take a banned substance under the following conditions:
1) You would win the gold medal
2) You would never be found out
3) You would die exactly 5 years after the event
80% said they would take it. So much for sportsmanship.
End of Rant

Beowolf
12-04-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't think that you can find a better example of inmates running the assylum than Major League Baseball.

Jeff

Harry Miller
12-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Maybe the NHL?

brad9798
12-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Roger Maris will be Home Run king again!!!

Scott Rosen
12-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by brad9798:
Roger Maris will be Home Run king again!!!Sadly, no. The years that Sosa, McGuire and Bonds exceeded 61, there were no rules in place banning the use of the substances that these players are alleged to have used. In other words, they were playing by the rules as they were then written.

I think the real stink will begin as Bonds gets closer to Hank Aaron's record.