PDA

View Full Version : Just got back today...

Bernadette
02-26-2002, 01:27 AM
after having my appendix removed last Friday night. It all happened so quickly and now I feel like I've been punched in by a bunch of Karate types. So, I've got a lot to catch up on. This forum sure does move fast! Bernadette

[ 02-26-2002, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Bernadette & David Hedger ]

ken mcclure
02-26-2002, 01:48 AM
Ouch! Hope you at least kept your Table of Contents.

Get well soon!

Wild Dingo
02-26-2002, 02:03 AM
They are fickle things these tiny appendix's you dont even know they exist until they HAVE to come out... Get well soon Bernadette!

Pics!!! ooooohhh nope not the appendix you nit! the boat something musta happened with the boat while you were laid up enjoying the room service in the hospital?? :D

Take care and take it easy
Shane Jo and hoons

Wayne Jeffers
02-26-2002, 09:32 AM
Ouch! I had that experience 30 years ago. No fun back then when I was young. Would be much less fun now.

Here's hoping you have a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

All the best,

Wayne

Bruce Taylor
02-26-2002, 10:03 AM
Get better, Bernadetter. I doubt you'll miss that appendix. I've had one for as long as I can remember, and I hardly use the silly thing.

Take some painkillers and be careful what you read here...wouldn't want those stitches to come loose.

Art Read
02-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Good timing, at least. Better during the boat's construction, than on the "shake down" sail to Tonga! Best wishes...

- Art

Alan D. Hyde
02-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Best wishes for a swift and complete recovery.

You and David post some beautiful photos here, and it is gratifying to see how well your vessel is coming along.

Alan

Bernadette
02-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Tony H - we are flying down on Friday morning to be at the boat show. Can't say I've been as excited about it all as I might normally have been given the events of the past week, but it's a good thing it all happened when it did and not this week. Just might not be the same girl skipping excitedly about all those wooden boats.... smile.gif
to all the rest - I absolutely love your sense of humour!!! and thanks for the kind wishes! Bernadette.
PS. we are going to Alatou (spelling?) in PNG for the shakedown cruise. Went there in 1977 and Dad wants to go back for a look. I would prefer to go to NZ but Dad only wants to be on the boat for a short time.

Ed Harrow
02-26-2002, 09:38 PM
Glad you came thru that potentially nasty bit (no not naughty bits) OK. Fortunately, when I got to a certain person's comment about Table of Contents, I'd finished my tea...
tongue.gif

brian.cunningham
02-26-2002, 11:47 PM
Ouch is right
My cousins exploded before they took it out! :eek:

Have a quick recovery.

Art Read
02-27-2002, 05:02 AM
Oh, God... I'm embarrased how long it took me to "get" that "Table of Contents" crack...

ken mcclure
02-27-2002, 07:56 AM
:D

John B
06-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Its novel the way these old posts keep popping up.