PDA

View Full Version : poof!

DutchRub
11-02-2002, 07:51 PM
The homo thread goes poof! Oh Scott! Guess memphis mikes last comment about his Ji-m was not appropriate huh? Will you kick him out now?

[ 11-02-2002, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Dutchrub ]

Paul Denison
11-02-2002, 07:54 PM
I saw it but did not want to open it. I'm sure I'll not miss it.

ishmael
11-02-2002, 08:03 PM
I pulled the plug. It wasn't easy, because there were some interesting ideas expressed, but some of you sounded like you were writing for Penthouse letters, circa 1980.

I pulled it for two reasons: I didn't want my name associated with it, and it was inappropriate for this place, IMO.

I know, I know, you can find worse on HBO almost any night, but that doesn't mean we have to contribute to it on this forum. Call me a prude(I'm not), but if you want to write that kind of thing start your own thread and put your name to it.

Apologies to those who were trying to have a discussion.

Jack

On Vacation
11-02-2002, 08:07 PM
High respects to you, Jack. Now you know why I have chosen to pull the plug in the past, myself. I have less patience for such nonsense. Stick to the issues of the topic no matter how 180 one might be to the issue.

That is a great feature provided by our host to control hijacking and petty assaults for ones ego.

[ 11-02-2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

Mr. Know It All
11-02-2002, 08:35 PM
I respect your decision to pull the plug Jack and will defend your right to do so, but I have to admit to laughing my ass off at some of the posts on your thread. I know that wasn't your intent for the thread. It's like SWMBO always says....." Men mature at 12 and they just get older and taller after that. :D
Kevin in Ohio

On Vacation
11-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Dutchrub
Member # 5917

posted 11-02-2002 08:32 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had poor performance from 2 porter cable 333 ros. Burned out the bearings in two of them-and was told by a tool seller that porter cables are known for this problem- I used to beleive that pC was a quality tool-but with the bearing problems and the poor performance of the attached dust collector on this tool ( keeps blowing off the machine when in use ) they will not be my first choice when my current pc bites it ( which probably wont be long) -by the way I take care of my tools up-keep them blown out between uses and clean and dont abuse them-I need em to make my living.

Truely remarkable how the same person can post within moments and we see completely different spelling and proper sentences even without the right spelling??????? Someone is playing with us.

[ 11-02-2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

ishmael
11-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Kevin,

I don't mind being hijacked on a thread like that. It can lead in interesting directions. And I didn't mind the witty sexual innuendos, such as were. There were only a few posts that crossed over my line, but they were enough.

We don't know who is coming to this place; which member's kids for example.

The world has become desensitized to crudity, leaving less room for decorum and manners. This was a small thing, but why add more weight to the wrong side of the balance?

Jack

[ 11-02-2002, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

Sam F
11-02-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ishmael:

I pulled it for two reasons: I didn't want my name associated with it, and it was inappropriate for this place, IMO.
<snip>
Apologies to those who were trying to have a discussion.

JackI don't blame you a bit, though I did invest a fair bit of thought this morning on the subject. I didn't see whatever the last straw was... perhaps that's a good thing. I was actually accomplishing someting instead of wasting time on the WBBB :D
I find it interesting that whenever a subject drifts too close for comfort, the vulgarity and personal attacks ooze out. It is an effective way to kill the conversation and keeps those who feel threatened nice and safe.

Memphis Mike
11-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Just what did you expect from a thread like
that Jack? Normal behavior? Some people. :rolleyes:

Memphis Mike
11-02-2002, 09:40 PM
Posted by oyster:
"Truely remarkable how the same person can post within moments and we see completely different spelling and proper sentences even without the right spelling??????? Someone is playing with us."

Your catchin on dude!

Meerkat
11-02-2002, 09:41 PM
Nothing like a little censorship to break up the monotony eh.

ishmael
11-02-2002, 09:53 PM
Mike,

I expected people here to be able to talk about sex like adults, rather than adolescent boys huddled around their first girly magazine. I forgot that the latter is the level of most such discussion in the culture these days. It's ironic you mention normal--precisely what people were being.

I don't blame anyone; it's just the way of things. So much for the salutary effects of the "sexual revolution".

I simply didn't want to contribute to it, and since I had my tiny little bit of POWER, I exercised it. Ya know what?, all in all it felt good! :D

I do feel badly about the loss of some people's work, but...

Best,

Jack

[ 11-02-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

Joe (SoCal)
11-03-2002, 12:21 AM
Ish come one once you start getting people like D what do you expect the rest of to do I mean come on

Scott Rosen
11-03-2002, 06:50 AM
I thought for the most part it was a civil discussion. There really wasn't much flaming.

However, I was getting a little uncomfortable with the explicit stuff (sometimes my kids read over my shoulder), and it's good to err on the side of discretion.

No hard feelings, Jack.

D
11-03-2002, 08:40 AM
Thanks for pulling that one Ishmael. I think Joe got his toes stepped on :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Just kidding. It's like I stated before, people don't like to be told what to do and that they may be wrong. People mold things into whatever suits them at the time. It is difficult for uneducated people to see the forest for the trees.
And anyone that is offended by that statement is probably not secure enough in their won beliefs. tongue.gif

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 08:43 AM
I tell ya what this place needs. A function
that only allows you to sign in with one
name. Oyster recognized Dutchrub as a troll
from the start. He's clearly another forumite
signing in under a bogus name.

D
11-03-2002, 09:08 AM
I hope that humor was expressed in my last post! So who else is Dutchrub? This is pretty entertaining (in a computer geek kind of way). So mike, were you using profanity on this post? What is J-im? smile.gif

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by D:
I hope that humor was expressed in my last post! So who else is Dutchrub? This is pretty entertaining (in a computer geek kind of way). So mike, were you using profanity on this post? What is J-im? smile.gif You mean Jim? He's that dude in Texas. ;)

D
11-03-2002, 09:36 AM
So now Jim and Dutchrub are the same? Kinda funny in schizophrenic sort of way!

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 09:46 AM
A lot of things go on in here D that you
don't understand yet. ;)

Mr. Know It All
11-03-2002, 09:51 AM
There's alot of things that go on in here no one understands....and maybe thats a good thing. :D
Kevin in Ohio

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 09:53 AM
For example:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pcab8f6cf5a1c9334dd7a9076ac779aae/fd60ba12.jpg

Mr. Know It All
11-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Uh....Ahem... Mikey....You're not supposed to show that to the new guys. Scares em off. :D

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 10:04 AM
hey, if he can't hang, he can't hang. :D

NormMessinger
11-03-2002, 10:14 AM
D said: ...people don't like to be told what to do and that they may be wrong. People mold things into whatever suits them at the time. It is difficult for uneducated people to see the forest for the trees.

Um, did you explain this as humor is your following post, D? I was going to change "uneducated" to "superstitious" and take it for my own but I'd bet that wouldn't be so funny.

--Norm

On Vacation
11-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Mike, I am not goiing to argue with you for the sake of the board. But please you and others here explain to me why you few choose to single me out to complain about login names here. One thing for sure, I have met, drank, eaten, spent the night with many and spoken to many more than you few have here. My e-mail address is known and shared in common or group mailings. How do you consider me a troll or as Joe states a phantom. Please clear this up for me once and for all and then get the chip off your shoulder with me not agreeing with many ideas of you. Its just life in the real world. This is just a small portion or logins that I use as an example.
GROOVY
Member # 2314

MuddyFeet
Member # 2805

ishmael
Member # 1866

videoguy
Member # 2613
rustnrot
Member # 4051

Quk&DrtyPete
Member # 3439
Pelican
Member # 3301
baddawg
Member # 5496
wallyb10
Member # 4242
wolfietuk
Member # 4135
reddog
Member # 2126
Kermit
Member # 146
mmd
Member # 1908
cherokee
Member # 5758
Tar Devil
Member # 4158
whb
Member # 3998
lumberdude
Member # 3693
paladin
Member # 2645
Meerkat
Member # 4667
Cap'n R an R
Member # 5687
D
Member # 5458
Norske3
Member # 5418
bugeye
Member # 4234
eggtremeboating
Member # 4288
DragonFly
Member # 4402

D
11-03-2002, 10:38 AM
you've got your hands full Oyster! I tried to use the little icons to express my sick humor. That's the bad part of written language, no inflection.

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 10:39 AM
Oyster, you take things WAY too personally.
The only thing I meant was that you knew
this guy was a troll from the beginning.
You get mad at the least little thing
even when no one is referring to you in
a negative manner.

I, along with everyone else,values your
presence here. So get the chip off YOUR
shoulder and lets go on. smile.gif

On Vacation
11-03-2002, 10:50 AM
This is just a small portion or logins that I use as an example........................

And I left out the rest, D which is "that no one finds a problem with using a moniker instead of a name." Left one out, TROG" End of quote and with no chip on shoulder. Just wish to understand how I am a troll. End of comment.

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 11:01 AM
I know whats eating you this morning. It's
because I once accused you of being BB,
Pink Cadillac etc. Do you want to get
honest. Can you deny my accusation?

This is silly. But you don't want to let it go.
Sometimes it's best to get it all out in the
open. Your also mad at me because you extended
your hand and you think I bit it because I
won't agree with your views. I think you are
a good person and you are trying to do right.
But I do not agree with you on certain things
and never will. I guess in your book that
means we can't be friends. If that's so, then
so be it. I've been butting heads with you
from day one and I'm sick of it. I value your
expertise on boats but if I have to constantly
be argueing with you on things then I don't want any part of it. I work with a guy just like you.
He keeps things in a constant state of disruption.
He acts like a child. Runs to the boss and
tells all the time. Daddy! He took my marbles! :( :( :(

[ 11-03-2002, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 11:53 AM
What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Are
you mad now. Have you emailed Scot yet
with your "for the good of the Forum
crap"?

Frankly, I don't give a darn.

Mr. Know It All
11-03-2002, 03:22 PM
Agree to disagree. Do it with class. No name calling or tattling. You both have way too much to offer to this forum to be bickering like this.
Kevin in Ohio

DutchRub
11-03-2002, 04:50 PM
drum roll- ta dah!

Meerkat
11-03-2002, 04:55 PM
Just to set the record straight, I have never spent the night with Oyster! :D :eek: :D

Meerkat
11-03-2002, 05:00 PM
FWIW, a Troll is one who posts inflamatory or controversial material in a subtle manner with the intent of generating lots of sound and fury in the form of irate responses.

I think the term stems from the idea of trolling bait. An example might be suggesting that all homosexuals are child molesters or advocate child molestation based on the actions of one individual and that the actions of the one individual are representative of all people who participate in a particular organization.

Nobody here would do anything like that would they?

Debi
11-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Its obvious I just don't spend enough of my time here (thanggud) cuz the intrigue of the forum often escapes me... but what the hey, I might be out of most of the time for all I know hahahhah... Hey .. this is a website.... perspective is necessary... tongue.gif

Memphis Mike
11-03-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Meerkat:
FWIW, a Troll is one who posts inflamatory or controversial material in a subtle manner with the intent of generating lots of sound and fury in the form of irate responses.

I think the term stems from the idea of trolling bait. An example might be suggesting that all homosexuals are child molesters or advocate child molestation based on the actions of one individual and that the actions of the one individual are representative of all people who participate in a particular organization.

Nobody here would do anything like that would they?Why no Meerkat. Nobody here would do that.

DutchRub
11-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Are
you mad now. Have you emailed Scot yet
with your "for the good of the Forum
crap"?

Frankly, I don't give a darn.MM I think I like you- even if you are an ignorant hill billy

[ 11-03-2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Dutchrub ]

Mr. Know It All
11-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Hey....hold on a second....I resemble that remark. :D

Dutch Rub
02-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Any body remember this one?

Joe (SoCal)
02-04-2003, 12:12 PM
WOW there correct John Most is a troll - get back under yer bridge

KEELHAUL

Let this and all other John Most Threads Sink to the bottom