View Full Version : A boat named ?

04-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Been pondering on ideas for boat names for my weekender, which I hope to have done this summer.

I started out thinking about "Ashley" being as that is the name of my daughter and than I thought about "Nikki" which is her other name, but I want to save that one for my Friendship whenever I get there.

So I'll just settle for naming it FRED :D

Jack Heinlen
04-01-2005, 06:15 AM
Ooh you'll regret that Chad A boat named Fred is like a boy named Sue! ;)

04-01-2005, 07:15 AM
If you ask nicely I'll explain Fred.

John Bell
04-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by cs:
If you ask nicely I'll explain Fred.

ChadPretty please with sugar on top? ;)

04-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Okay, by now you know I have a daughter and you probably know that she is a cheerleader. You may also recall that last year we switched gyms.

What you don't know is that my daughter initally can be rather shy. So when she started at this new gym and meet her new coach (Andy) she was acting bashfull. He was trying to talk with her. First he tried using her first name (Ashley) and he got no response. So he tried her nickname (Nikki) and once again got no response.

So he looks at her and tells her that if she is going to be like that he would just call her Fred. She gave him a mean look and that was the only response he had gotten out of her, so she is now known as Fred at the gym.

It even works for me. I can call out her name or even her nickname and she don't respond. I call out for Fred and get an immadiate head turn, so Fred it is.

04-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I beat ya by a few years there Chad. I christened my shellback Fred in 1999. Named it after my grandfather, who among other things, bought and fixed up old boats. It's a good name any good boat should be proud to wear.

It is a bit of a stumble referring to a boat named Fred as she though.

[ 04-01-2005, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Willin' ]