PDA

View Full Version : US declares everybody a terrorist!

Meerkat
03-29-2003, 09:26 PM
US officials are now calling Iraq Baath party members "terrorists". I can't say I agree with their politics or "recruitment and retention" policies, but they are a publically operating political party, even if of another country. This logic leads to the idea that any group the US doesn't like is a terrorist group and all it's members are terrorists.

Ok folks, you heard it here first: New Labour and the Republican Party are terror organizations! ;)

Dutch Rub
03-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Hey-

If ya call em a terrorist it makes everything all right....that label used to get you an undetermined prison sentence for an undetermined crime- now its the executioners song for foreign political hacks ... aint spring time beautiful?

Mrleft8
03-29-2003, 09:34 PM
The "terrorist" label is so "W" can hold people w/o being "in violation of the Geneva convention". Terrorists.....(according to asscroft,rummy, and "W") are not a legitimate foreign force, therefore not subject to the GC rules....

High C
03-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Well so far the Iraqi :rolleyes: defense has been about 90% terror tactics and 10% military. The Baath party if the ruling party, Hussein's party. They murder and torture their constituents to maintain power. Regular Boy Scouts, they.

On Vacation
03-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Meerkat:
US officials are now calling Iraq Baath party members "terrorists". I can't say I agree with their politics or "recruitment and retention" policies, but they are a publically operating political party, even if of another country. This logic leads to the idea that any group the US doesn't like is a terrorist group and all it's members are terrorists.

Ok folks, you heard it here first: New Labour and the Republican Party are terror organizations! ;) Your politcs are the same as this group, Meerkat.
Destroy the opposition with any means if they don't agree with you. Member you are the smartest, and have all the answers to the new world order. Don't dare disagree with you. Whatever means avaliable, you will eleminate the enemy, the opposition. You have single handedly brought this section to its knees without firing a shot.

Squelch the words, belittle the enemy with huge four letter words, and attack around the clock, repeatedly with posts, till the enemy gives up. Yep, sound familiar to Bush. Yep, sounds like Meerkat, the terrorist.

[ 03-29-2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

JimD
03-29-2003, 09:48 PM
Meerkat, I think you should blow yourself up before you strike again :D

Its common practice in most dictatorships that anyone who just wants to get a decent education or profession has to join 'the party' just to get admitted into school. Its that or claw out an existance however one can. If one comes from a middle class family where one is expected to seek a profession you could be suspect and persecuted for not joining.

Larry P.
03-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey Sneercrap, come on say what you really think.

American soldiers are baby killers and oppressors of the freedom foghters of Iraq.

You know you want to, come on it will make you feel better

Kannon Bosatsu
03-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Larry, You should give it a rest. I actually agree with Meerkat that it seems anytime GWB is displeased he'll label someone a terrorist. And you didn't hear any of the press briefings going over why we're NOT terrorists for having bombed a market place, for having invaded a country that never threatened us... And if anyone ever invaded america, don't you think Stan V and Oyster would be hiding behind trees taking pot shots, dressed as civilians. The interviews with Iraqis are interesting in the light that they are speaking truly as Iraqis and arabs and are coming togeather to defend themselves. In the same way, if invaded I might be inclined to say that GWB is better than anyone the invading Canadian army can put in place, they are saying the same about Saddam Hussein. Its why we're encountering so much brutal resistance, and its only going to get worse...

Andrew Craig-Bennett
03-30-2003, 06:36 AM
The word "terrorist" is becoming quite meaningless, due to over-use.

The Baath Party have held power in Iraq, and a sister party has held power in Syria, for many years now. They are certainly not nice people, but they do run effective Governments, which maintain the public peace, provide education and other services, get the roads mended, and so on.

That they use terror as one of their means of holding onto power is very well known, and just recently the Iraqi Baath Party have been encouraging their people to resist the invaders, that is to say us, by means which are contrary to the Geneva Convention in the hope that our forces will be persuaded to retaliate in kind, thereby giving them a marketable atrocity story.

They are very nasty people, who use terror as a tactic, but they are not, per se, terrorists.

Meerkat
03-30-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks acb, that expressed my sentiments most exactly.

Meerkat
03-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Mrleft8:
The "terrorist" label is so "W" can hold people w/o being "in violation of the Geneva convention". Terrorists.....(according to asscroft,rummy, and "W") are not a legitimate foreign force, therefore not subject to the GC rules....Ewch - the particular group the Pentegon was describing as terrorists where the 200+ people they think/hope they got when they bombed a Baath party meeting in a warehouse on the outskirts of Baghdad - if they're just civilians, is that a violation of the Geneva Convention?

On Vacation
03-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Kannon Bosatsu:
Larry, You should give it a rest. I actually agree with Meerkat that it seems anytime GWB is displeased he'll label someone a terrorist. And you didn't hear any of the press briefings going over why we're NOT terrorists for having bombed a market place, for having invaded a country that never threatened us... And if anyone ever invaded america, don't you think Stan V and Oyster would be hiding behind trees taking pot shots, dressed as civilians. The interviews with Iraqis are interesting in the light that they are speaking truly as Iraqis and arabs and are coming togeather to defend themselves. In the same way, if invaded I might be inclined to say that GWB is better than anyone the invading Canadian army can put in place, they are saying the same about Saddam Hussein. Its why we're encountering so much brutal resistance, and its only going to get worse...FYI:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82563,00.html
You may not want to read this article but the Irag government has removed bomb fragments from the site at the marketplace.

And also, you are saying that it is okay to shoot civilian clothed fighters, since dressed as civilians is norm in warfare? Thanks for reinforcing my thoughts on shooting back at armed aggressors.

Mrleft8
03-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Got me. I've never been to a convention, or to Geneva for that matter....