PDA

View Full Version : Kerry 1- Bush 0

Mrleft8
09-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Kerry clearly took the first debate. Not a blow out by any means.....But still a win! :D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
CBS poll : 52% improved their opinion of Kerry.

Results are coming... He clearly won.

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Uncommitted voters poll after tonight's debate Kerry 51% over Bush 38%

Bruce G
09-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Peter Malcolm Jardine:
CBS poll : 52% improved their opinion of Kerry.

Results are coming... He clearly won.CBS???? Sh!t you still trust what they report. Some people just never learn :rolleyes:

km gresham
09-30-2004, 10:08 PM
:D

Improved their opinion of which Kerry? ;)

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:10 PM
ABC has it Uncommitted voters poll after tonight's debate Kerry 51% over Bush 38% Highest among woman guess you missed the poll hmmm Karen ;)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-30-2004, 10:12 PM
I did listen to the entire debate, and Bush stumbled badly. Kerry was clear and articulate. His camp prepared him well, and I also think he is a better educated man.

Rogue Sailor
09-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Well I have to admit that Kerry didn't look all that that orange to me.

As far as the debate is concerned, I still think both of the candidates are horses' asses.

Bottom line; Kerry hasn't convinced me that he would be any better than Bush. I'd be inclined to stay the course.

km gresham
09-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Hey, y'all I'm gonna go ahead and declare Kerry the winner of all 3 debates. And he has the best tan, the best hair and nails. But he still voted against funding troops he voted to send to war. Oh, and that global test thing, before we can protect ourselves. That'll make the security moms feel safe! We're gonna rely on China to say we can protect ourselves against danger. :eek: :eek:

Rogue Sailor
09-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Uhm Joe: your math don't add up.

ABC has it Uncommitted voters poll after tonight's debate Kerry 51% over Bush 38% Highest among woman guess you missed the poll hmmm Karen (And you're grammer ain't great either).

Bruce G
09-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
ABC has it Uncommitted voters poll after tonight's debate Kerry 51% over Bush 38% Highest among woman guess you missed the poll hmmm Karen ;) UNCOMMITTED~ did they do their research on these people better than their last two 'scoops'?

Please tell me you all are smarter than this. I mean, to believe ANYTHING that comes out of CBS is just stupid. :rolleyes:

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Oh, and that global test thing, I understood that line from Senator Kerry perfectly. I will be happy to explain what he meant if you like.

brad9798
09-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Instant poll, this, other poll, that ...

Who cares what an emotional response, immediately after debate shows via a poll.

It will matter not in a 4.5 weeks ... and, I will let you know that I told you so.

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Bruce G:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
ABC has it Uncommitted voters poll after tonight's debate Kerry 51% over Bush 38% Highest among woman guess you missed the poll hmmm Karen ;) UNCOMMITTED~ did they do their research on these people better than their last two 'scoops'?

Please tell me you all are smarter than this. I mean, to believe ANYTHING that comes out of CBS is just stupid. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Bruce have you learned ya
ABC 's yet?

[ 09-30-2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

km gresham
09-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Here ya go guys.

ABC News Poll, Kerry won debate 45-36, but Bush is still up +4.
ABC News radio | 09/30/04

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by brad9798:
Instant poll, this, other poll, that ...

Who cares what an emotional response, immediately after debate shows via a poll.

It will matter not in a 4.5 weeks ... and, I will let you know that I told you so.Brad I know it only takes me an INSTANT to pull the lever come Nov 2nd . I know I care what an emotional response America has, immediately after that
;)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Wow, Bush was up 8% going in. The next debate should tie it up then. ;)

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by km gresham:
Here ya go guys.

ABC News Poll, Kerry won debate 45-36, but Bush is still up +4.
ABC News radio | 09/30/04Or ya can say Bush LOST 4 points from his 8 point lead in the FIRST debate :D

Anouther way to phrase it is Bush LOST HALF his lead TONIGHT smile.gif

[ 09-30-2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Bruce G
09-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Your right Joe- I messed up the letters but have you learned how to spell yet?

Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson )
Member # 4659

posted 09-30-2004 10:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oooh he forgot the 2 soldiers from LATVIA or EL SALVADOR how many troops in the Multi-National Force from MONGOLIA and MACEDONIA came home in body bags ?? We are 90% we are paying 90% of the cost in lives and money.

Not exactly an ailed force - duh Don't throw stones....

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Sailor:
Uhm Joe: your math don't add up.
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> ABC has it Uncommitted voters poll after tonight's debate Kerry 51% over Bush 38% Highest among woman guess you missed the poll hmmm Karen (And you're grammer ain't great either).</font>[/QUOTE]You forget the undecided ;)

km gresham
Nah, Peter, I already declared Kerry the winner of all the debates. So that should put him up by 4 - or 12 at the end of the silly season.

Kev Smyth
Give it time, guys- by Monday the consensus of who was helped, and who was hurt by this debate will have changed. Example one, already working its way in the public's perceptions:

From The Archives...
An Elephant Never Forgets!

BREAKING DEBATE EDITION

KERRY CLAIMS HE'S "NEVER, EVER" USED WORD "LYING" IN REFERENCE TO PRESIDENT BUSH ON IRAQ. JIM LEHRER: "New question, Senator Kerry. Two minutes. You've repeatedly accused President Bush, not here tonight but elsewhere before, of not telling the truth about Iraq. Essentially, of lying to the American people about Iraq. Give us some examples of what you consider to be his not telling the truth." SEN. KERRY: "Well, I've never, ever used the harshest word as you just did." (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

BUT IN DECEMBER 2003, KERRY TOLD NEW HAMPSHIRE EDITORIAL BOARD BUSH "LIED" ABOUT REASON FOR GOING TO WAR IN IRAQ. "Kerry also told a New Hampshire newspaper editorial board Friday that Bush had 'lied' about his reasons for going to war in Iraq, a word Kerry has been reluctant to use publicly for months. Yesterday he said he did not plan to use the word again." (Patrick Healy, "Kerry Camp Lowers N.H. Expectations Behind In Polls, Senator Now Seeks Spot In 'Top Two,'" The Boston Globe, 12/8/03)

AND IN SEPTEMBER 2003, KERRY SAID BUSH ADMINISTRATION "LIED" AND "MISLED." "This administration has lied to us. They have misled us. And they have broken their promises to us. The president promised to the people and the Congress that he would build an international coalition, respect the United Nations' process and only go to war as a last resort. I will tell you that from my war fighting experience, I believe there is a test for a president as to how you go to war. And that test is whether or not you can look in the eyes of parents and say to them, 'I did everything possible to avoid the loss of your son and daughter, but we had no other choice in order to protect the security of our nation,' and I know this president fails that test in Iraq." (Sen. John Kerry, Campaign Event, Claremont, NH, 9/20/03)

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Your right Joe- I messed up the letters but have you learned how to spell yet?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson )
Member # 4659

posted 09-30-2004 10:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oooh he forgot the 2 soldiers from LATVIA or EL SALVADOR how many troops in the Multi-National Force from MONGOLIA and MACEDONIA came home in body bags ?? We are 90% we are paying 90% of the cost in lives and money.

Not exactly an ailed force - duh Don't throw stones....</font>[/QUOTE]You want me to go back and show you your typos Harvard boy
;)

Kev Smyth
09-30-2004, 10:43 PM
".... but I still say stupid things. ;) "

A classic quote from joey (cpoh) found up in B+R. :D :D

Couldn't a said it better myself! ayah!!

Bruce G
09-30-2004, 10:47 PM
DDT, all I said was don't throw stones... you are taking it just way too personal :rolleyes:

I guess some people just get their 'hackles up' when their democratic canidate is losing :rolleyes:

BTW, I have never claimed, nor will I ever claim to be the best at spelling. Spelling is not an indicator of intelligence, acuity, acumen, agility, alertness, aptitude, brain-power, brightness, brilliance, capacity, cleverness, comprehension, coruscation, dicernment, intellect, judgement, luminosity, mentality, mind, penetration, perception, perspicacity, precocity, quickness, quotient, reason, sagacity, savvy, sense, skill, smarts, trenchancy, understanding, or wit. But if you want to think it does, then more power to you tongue.gif

oops had to change up a typo ;) now that is funny! :D

[ 10-01-2004, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Bruce G ]

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:53 PM
DDT, all I said was don't throw stones... you are taking it just way too personal :rolleyes:

I guess some people just get their 'hackles up' when their democratic canidate is losing :rolleyes:

BTW, I have never claimed, nor will I ever claim to be the best at spelling. Spelling is not an indicator or intelligence, acuity, acumen, agility, alertness, aptitude, brain-power, brightness, brilliance, capacity, cleverness, comprehension, coruscation, dicernment, intellect, judgement, luminosity, mentality, mind, penetration, perception, perspicacity, precocity, quickness, quotient, reason, sagacity, savvy, sense, skill, smarts, trenchancy, understanding, or wit. But if you want to think it does, then more power to you tongue.gif But you will use just that when it suits you :rolleyes: And quick with the DDT phrase again, man you are easy

Bruce G
09-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Quick with the Harvard boy name calling again eh Joe? :rolleyes:

Again don't throw stones.....

Rogue Sailor
09-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Spelling is not an indicator or intelligence heh heh heh .... (whatever)

John C. Gresham
09-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Only after you buy him a drink, Joe.

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Ya know what I'm feeling so good after Kerry wupin
Bush Ill put my stones down and say goodnight ;)

Edited for ebonics ;) tongue.gif

[ 10-01-2004, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Rogue Sailor
09-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Did you mean "whooping"?
Edited for spelling. (heh heh heh)

[ 10-01-2004, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Rogue Sailor ]

km gresham
09-30-2004, 11:05 PM
He can't whoop anybody till he takes that global test and they say he can whoop somebody! :D

High C
09-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Kerry was smooth and confident. Bush was his usual clumsy self.

Bush said all the right things. Kerry said nothing.

Style or substance, make your choice.

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Kerry wupin Bush ;)

Edited for ebonics ;) tongue.gif

Bruce G
09-30-2004, 11:10 PM
Kerry wupin Bush ;)

Edited for ebonics ;) tongue.gif So all these years Joe has been posting someone elses pictures!!! Joe is actually a poor black man from an oppressive state. Now we understand why he has it out for Bush and all republicans~ he has fallen for all the democrats lies!!!

Kev Smyth
09-30-2004, 11:13 PM
With a C-SPAN camera quietly following Kerry adviser Mike McCurry in Spin Alley... McCurry found Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart on the floor and asked him his impression of the debate. Lockhart candidly said, “The consensus is it was a draw.”

km gresham
09-30-2004, 11:17 PM
You beat me, Kev!

That "global test" thing is gonna be a problem as it sinks in to voters, especially those security moms. It's a pure Kerryism. Along with "I never said Bush lied" (already challenged) and "I have never wavered in my life". :rolleyes:

[ 10-01-2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: km gresham ]

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Joe is actually a poor black man from an oppressive state. Now we understand why he has it out for Bush and all republicans~ he has fallen for all the democrats lies!!! What do republicans have against poor black people?

High C
09-30-2004, 11:23 PM
"Global Test" :rolleyes:

He sure delivered that one on a silver platter. Should be good for two or three more percentage points in his margin of defeat.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Wow. I didn't think there were that many people who didn't understand the concept of globalization left.

Kev Smyth
09-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Lehrer Stacks Deck Against Bush

Presidential debate moderator Jim Lehrer showed once again Thursday night why top aides to President Clinton used to call him "our moderator" when presidential debate time rolled around in 1996.

The questions, which Lehrer announced at the outset had been authored exclusively by him, were supposed to help the American people determine which candidate would be a better steward of U.S. national security in a post-9/11 world.

But there were no queries to Sen. Kerry about his long Senate record of voting against defense appropriations; or his sponsorship of a bill to cut CIA funding by $6 billion a year after terrorists struck the World Trade Center in 1993; or Kerry's support of the nuclear freeze movement during the height of the Cold War.
Kerry wasn't asked why he teamed up with Jane Fonda to protest the Vietnam War while his band of brothers were still on the battlefield, or why he met with enemy leaders in Paris, or why he accused fellow soldiers of being "monsters" and "war criminals."

Most Americans would consider the answers to those questions extremely relevant to the selection of any U.S. commander-in-chief during a time of war.

But not Jim Lehrer. Instead, he focused on Iraq with question after question that suggested Bush had blown it.

Here's a sampling:

"You said there was a miscalculation in Iraq," Lehrer asked the president. "What was it and how did it happen?"

"What colossal misjudgments, in your opinion," Lehrer asked Kerry, "has President Bush made in these areas [Iraq]?"

To Bush: "Mr. President, has Iraq been worth the cost in American lives -10,052 - I mean 1,052 up to today?"

To Kerry: "You've repeatedly accused President Bush of lying to the American people on Iraq. Give us some examples of the president being untruthful on Iraq?"

Despite his focus on Iraq, however, Lehrer never asked why Kerry voted to authorize the war, then turned around and voted against the legislation to fund it. Or why he voted against authorization for the first Gulf War, even though President Bush's father had amassed just the kind of coalition Kerry says the U.S. needs now.

Likewise, the PBS host declined to ask Kerry about comments in recent days from French and German officials who announced they have no intention of sending troops to Iraq, even if Kerry is elected.

That's quite a stunning development, given that Kerry's Iraq policy rests almost solely on the promise that he'll persuade Old Europe to pitch in and take some of the load off U.S. forces.

But not stunning enough, apparently, to interest Mr. Lehrer

km gresham
09-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Who moderates the next one - don't tell me! Dan Rather. :rolleyes:

km gresham
09-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Another oopsy!

FLASH: Kerry stated: 'That's why they had to close down the subway in New York when the Republican Convention was there.' (Driving home point that Bush as not done enough to protect the country.)

The NYC subway did not close at all during the convention, according to a report on cable outlet NY1...

See y'all tomorrow - same place, same station. smile.gif

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Thought it was passed ya bedtime Karen ???

So this is going to be the defense of Bush doing so poorly and looking so bad it was the MODERATORS fault. Man please if Kerry did as bad as Bush did tonight I swear to God I would say on open forum he sucked. Please for once take all partisan politics aside tonight Kerry looked presidential and Bush looked like he brought 30 stumbling minutes of material to a 90 min debate. The cut always made Bush look foolish. Come on please just be honest ONCE.

Bush oopsy!
CHINA has ASKED to have Bilateral talks with N. Korea

[ 10-01-2004, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

garyspear
09-30-2004, 11:50 PM
What exactly did kerry win? he is a very good speaker. SO WHAT. Bush missed some seriously good attack points on kerry. Kerry wasn't specific enough. (GLOBAL TEST ?????)
A month from now most voters won't remember the debates or what was said. But then this is the sort of retention that fourty years of liberal dominance in education has given us.
with things this close, the best sound bite in the last week of the campain will decide the outcome. Oh how our society has fallen. we are starting to resemble europe. it's quite sad actually.

Joe (SoCal)
09-30-2004, 11:54 PM
garyspear Kerry is just smarter. That should be enough

garyspear
09-30-2004, 11:59 PM
great come back joe. Most Good con artists are smarter than my grandmother. So i guess its ok if they take all of her money. :confused:

garyspear
10-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Please joe don't confuse cunning with inteligence.

Joe (SoCal)
10-01-2004, 12:02 AM
And most bullies end up working for the smart guys, even your grandma knows that ;)

Kev Smyth
10-01-2004, 12:22 AM
And most bullies end up working for the smart guys, even your grandma knows that ;) Is this why you sell real estate instead of owning the office and being the broker? :confused:

Joe (SoCal)
10-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Kev Smyth:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
And most bullies end up working for the smart guys, even your grandma knows that ;) Is this why you sell real estate instead of owning the office and being the broker? :confused: </font>[/QUOTE]Signed up for my brokers license this NOV ;)
The State requires a certain amount of transactions and time under a broker before you can take the Broker course. I have those requirements now ;)

Keep me in mind when you want to move ;)

Kev Smyth
10-01-2004, 01:46 AM
:( It's getting harder and harder to catch your goat. :D ;)

Elmer Jenkins
10-01-2004, 06:36 AM
Hey Karen, have you ever placed an Alka Seltzer directly in your mouth? All you Rips should try it. ;)

Chris Coose
10-01-2004, 07:30 AM
They should have made the debate 45 minutes instead of 90.

dubbya shot his wad in about 30 and the rest was just more of the same.

Kind of embarassing to think of that freak as the king of the world.

[ 10-01-2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Chris Coose ]

George.
10-01-2004, 08:10 AM
They were both weak, in my opinion.

Bush stumbled and stammered. Kerry handed the "global test" line to the Republicans on a silver platter.

My candidate for BS-of-the-day: Bush claiming that Pakistan's Dr. Nuke was brought to justice. He is free and enjoying his ill-gained earnings, and the rest of the scam was covered up - we don't even know what was sold to which countries. All in exchange for Pakistan's supposed cooperation in hunting Bin Laden - you know, the fellow that is said to be hiding in Pakistan, but for some reason can't be found...

AngWood
10-01-2004, 09:42 AM
RE: "so what?" You've got a point there. Kerry is clearly a superior debater, but I hope people vote on the issues.

Then again, who would want a president that says of terrorists, "...that's why they fight so vociferously." Vociferously, eh? (I haven't looked at a transcript of the debate, but I swear I heard Bush say that).

Edited to add: The transcript confirms what I heard.

[ 10-01-2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: AngWood ]