PDA

View Full Version : Failed Delivery

Paul Scheuer
06-12-2004, 08:47 AM
I've recently gotten dozens of "Failed Delivery" messages in my E-Mail. Apparently a mesasage, from me, has been sent to many, many locations. The text of the message is as follows(and I hope that it's not too opffensive, I certainly didn't write it). Is there a clue in it that might explain what is going on ? How do I stop it ?

Edited out the message text

[ 06-13-2004, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Paul Scheuer ]

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
06-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Paul.....Some viruses or worms will get into your mail list and mail itself to all your friends. :(

A translation might help but an anti-virus software download will help more and clean your system. Be careful clicking on mail from people you don't know. Even worse sometimes the virus is unknowingly sent by a friend, like you in this situation. Hang in there and good luck.

MarkC
06-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Yeah, unfortunately you have been hijacked by a bunch on Neo's (Neo Nazis) - apparantly they have discovered computer hacking!!! - They have been, in the last few days, causing a ruckus with their Nazi emails. They are trying to whip-up hate against the Turks/North Africans here in Deutschland.

I dont know how to stop it.

I do know the authorities are onto it.

Can you contact your service provider, or your email/net provider?

(These types are on the fringe - Germany is not full of them - surprisingly they are 'mostly' the unemployed children of unemployed former East German workers - former Communists - go figure!! The German authorities go harder on these types as I remember the Australian authorities did on Neos - and the australian police were no slouch there either.)

There's always gota be one....

Meerkat
06-12-2004, 11:52 AM
I've gotten a lot of "mail delivery failure" notices too. That doesn't necessarily mean your address book got hijacked. It just means that someone used your address, possibly from another victim's address book, to send mail. It might also be some sort of scam since the one's I've gotten also include a link purporting to show the undelivered email. I haven't clicked on any of them.

Victor
06-12-2004, 02:57 PM
I've been getting a lot of them too, lately. Like to know what to do about it.

Meerkat
06-12-2004, 03:03 PM
What to do about them...

1. Don't respond to them in any way, including clicking on any links contained in the email. Trash them.

2. Get an email program with a good spam filter. Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/) is free and excellent. Supports migration from Outlook Express, Outlook and other popular email programs.

Victor
06-12-2004, 05:42 PM
But if they're originating in someone else's address book there's not much you can do about that, right?