PDA

View Full Version : Humor appreciated...

Ed Harrow
04-03-2001, 07:40 PM
Life, outside of boats, is looking into the abyss at the moment, and is likely to only get darker....

I (maybe we, too)need some humor. Now I'm willing to make a large contribution to the humorous input, but first I'll need your cooperation. All you have to do is tell us your zodiacal sign (of course it could be someone close to you, or not even related to you, but you'll have to ID them in some way).

Any humorous input is more than welcome...

Bob Cleek
04-03-2001, 07:52 PM
Neon.

thechemist
04-03-2001, 08:26 PM
My moon is in Fresno, with pliers closing and muffin rising.

ishmael
04-03-2001, 08:31 PM
Amen, Achoo.

bob goeckel
04-03-2001, 11:16 PM
don't know my sign but i'm forever spelling my first name backward!.............i think!
and that can't be a good sign. bob.... shoot, there i go again.
bob
shoot
bob
shoot
aw shoot

[This message has been edited by bob goeckel (edited 04-04-2001).]

Jamie Hascall
04-04-2001, 01:26 AM
Alright Ed, I'll bite. I'm a fish (or pair of 'em) and proud of it. I guess this is why I like life on the water. Now whatcha gonna do with my Piscean sign? We can all use a little humor too. http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/wink.gif

Jamie

cs
04-04-2001, 06:57 AM
I guess that I'm one of those special people. Some say I'm a Scorpio and others say Libra. I prefer Scorpio, but who is to say.

Chad Smith

queeg
04-04-2001, 07:12 AM
I don't have a zodiacal sogn, it's an Avonical sign = Wrong Way.

J. Dillon
04-04-2001, 07:35 AM
Ed, I once named a boat I owned after a star in my sign " Shaula"

JD

Ed Harrow
04-04-2001, 08:44 AM
So we've got two admitted Scorpios and one Pices (sp?). Gotta have a few more to make this worthwhile. Anybody know UU's birthday?

abe
04-04-2001, 08:50 AM
Ok, if you insist: Sea Goat

ishmael
04-04-2001, 08:51 AM
Ed,

Gemini, with Scorpio rising. Mine, not Dubya's.

paladin
04-04-2001, 08:51 AM
Aries here!

Keith Wilson
04-04-2001, 09:00 AM
Still a Virgo, d***it, despite my best efforts.

Greg H
04-04-2001, 09:10 AM
Aquarius, and my road sign is greasy when wet.
The motto on swian's family crest is "touch not the cat but gloves"

Bruce Taylor
04-04-2001, 10:27 AM
Sun in Pisces w/ Sagit. rising, moon in Taurus and I can't remember the rest.

htom
04-04-2001, 10:29 AM
Cusp between Capricorn & Aquarius. Yang Fire Dog if you want Chinese.

Don Olney
04-04-2001, 10:33 AM
Scorpio

Ed Harrow
04-04-2001, 11:09 AM
Well first, since fair's fair, Taurus/Gemini cusp here. Chad, you may wish to change your preference...

Aquarius
You have an inventive mind and are inclined to be progressive. You lie a great deal. On the other hand, you are inclined to be careless and impractical, causing you to make the same mistakes over and over again. People think you are stupid.

Pices
You have a vivid imagination and often think the CIA or FBI is following you. You have a minor influence over your associates and people resent you for your flaunting of your power. You are a coward and lack confidence. Pices people do terrible things to small animals.

Aries
You are the pioneer type and hold people in contempt. You are quick-tempered, impatient, and scornful of advice. You are not very nice.

Taurus
You are practical and persistent. You have a dogged determination and work like hell. Most people think you are stubborn and bull-headed. Your are a communist.

Gemini
You are a quick and intelligent thinker. People like you because you are bisexual. However, you are inclined to expect too much for too little. This means you are cheap. Geminis are known for committing incest.

Cancer
You are sympathetic and understanding to other peopleís problems. They think you are a sucker. You are always putting things off. Thatís why youíll never make anything of yourself. Most welfare recipients are Cancers.

Leo
You consider yourself a born leader. Others think you are pushy. Most Leo people are bullies. You are vain and dislike honest criticism. Your arrogance is disgusting. Leo people are known thieves.

Virgo
You are the logical type and hate disorder. This nit picking is sickening to your friends. You are cold and unemotional and sometimes fall asleep while making love. Virgos make good bus drivers.

Libra
You are the artistic type and have a difficult time with reality. If you are a man you are more likely to be a queer. Chances for employment and gains are excellent. Most Libra women are good prostitutes. All Libra people die of venereal disease.

Scorpio
You are shrewd in business and cannot be trusted. You shall achieve the pinnacle of success because of your total lack of ethics. Most Scorpios are murdered.

Sagittarius
You are optimistic and enthusiastic. You have a reckless tendency to rely on luck since you lack talent. The majority of Sagittarians are drunks or dope fiends. People laugh at you a great deal.

Capricorn
You are conservative and afraid of taking risks. You donít do much of anything and are lazy. There has never been a Capricorn of any importance. Capricorns should avoid standing still too long, as they tend to take root and become trees.

ishmael
04-04-2001, 11:18 AM
Thanks Ed,

You made my morning/afternoon cusp. Now I need to go find a close relative to have sex with. Trying to decide if it will be a man or a woman, but since the field is limited it may be a dog http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by ishmael (edited 04-04-2001).]

The Schooner Etain
04-04-2001, 11:19 AM
Wow, that was right on the nose.

I'm a Sag, and I am Irish, so therefore must be a drunk. http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/smile.gif That's one.

I got a boat that needs more work than I know anything about, I am hoping luck will make up for my lack of talents. That's two. Lastly, because of the whole boat deal, I think alot of you are probably laughing at me! That's three, right on the target! http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/biggrin.gif

NormMessinger
04-04-2001, 11:23 AM
I don't believe in astrology and this foolishness just confirms it. How can I be all those things, only having been born in one month? Don't cha see?

--Norm

And, would someone please tell me what is a gronicle?

Bruce Taylor
04-04-2001, 12:00 PM
Uncannily accurate. How did you know about the squirrels? You must have gathered this information covertly. So who are you working for? CIA or FBI?

ken mcclure
04-04-2001, 12:15 PM
Libra. And I'm male. And I'm not queer. but I HAVE been called a whore.

Norm, a gronicle (and note that they are only functional in pairs, and that you MUST install port to port and starboard to starboard) is an pseudo-electronic device that ties together all electrical and electronic systems in the boat to maximize voltage application and minimize EMF interference.

Unfortunately, they have not been specifically applied to the newer electronics systems and have thus been noted to adversely affect things ranging from GPS output to the timers on the new electronic coffee makers.

The most annoying problem that seems to crop up most frequently is the discrepancy between GPS readings and actuality. Although most of the readings cause an offset of around 300 feet to port, there have been cases (linked, it is thought to improper grounding or switched polarity) where the offset is to starboard.

SEE the thread in Building/Repair on "Bonding Gronicles"

Ken

ken mcclure
04-04-2001, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Bruce Taylor:
Uncannily accurate. How did you know about the squirrels? You must have gathered this information covertly. So who are you working for? CIA or FBI?

Be sure to duct-tape the squirrels so they don't split.

John B
04-04-2001, 03:40 PM
Gee it takes a while for it to all come together sometimes, but I get it now.

If the squirrels from the fake trees ( which are really cell phone towers) had gronicles, then they wouldn't get brain damage and have to go to Nova Scotia and play the fiddle , thus transmitting some incurable disease to the local oak population.

Ahh, Wooden boat Guys..... always thinking of the future.

Ed Harrow
04-04-2001, 03:44 PM
Ahhemmm, ahhhh, Bruce I, ahhhh, work for The Committee.

paladin
04-04-2001, 04:09 PM
If that's the 40 committee, exactly what is your role?

Ed Harrow
04-04-2001, 04:11 PM
My role is classified... http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/wink.gif

J. Dillon
04-04-2001, 04:18 PM
Ed,

How about posting some more of the positive aspects of each sign? My Ego is crushed. I'll be looking over my shoulder now.

JD

Ross Miller
04-04-2001, 09:22 PM
Bylaws of The Committee, Article 2, section 3: ďAgents of The Committee are not to brag about their affiliation with said Committee, lest security be breached, dignity compromised or word get out what incompetents we hire.Ē Careful, Comrade.

Oh, and Iím a Pisces, not a Pices or a piker or like whatever. In Latin itís pronounced ďpiss-case.Ē And anything I did to small animals has been greatly appreciated.

Bruce Taylor
04-05-2001, 07:16 AM
Don't worry, Ross. We already knew about Ed's affiliation w/ Them. We're still working out the details, of course. What really happened at the recent Puget Sound Arm-Twisting and Kneecap-Breaking Symposium? Who are his contacts in the Far East? How did he find out about the squirrels?

Scott Rosen
04-05-2001, 07:49 AM
Okay, so I'm a Gemini.

"You are a quick and intelligent thinker. People like you because you are bisexual. However, you are inclined to expect too much for too little. This means you are cheap. Geminis are known for committing incest."

The resemblance to me is uncanny, with a few adjustments, of course.

I am not bisexual. I am trisexual. Blondes, Brunettes and Redheads.

Does having sex with yourself count as incest?

[This message has been edited by Scott Rosen (edited 04-05-2001).]

Charlie J
04-05-2001, 08:02 AM
no Scott- that's ex-cest

ken mcclure
04-05-2001, 08:54 AM
Scott, I believe the technical term is "intracourse," which I get instructed to do fairly frequently.

Phil Young
04-06-2001, 02:32 AM
We are Gemini.
We were blond as a child, then went dark, now getting greyish.
Hiiii Scot!!

Bayboat
04-06-2001, 01:00 PM
Vintage Aries. Designated Astrologer Harrow had it right: We are leaders. We know everything. Kneel. Nobody likes us.

[This message has been edited by Bayboat (edited 04-06-2001).]

ishmael
04-06-2001, 01:07 PM
hay, what about me phil!? we too, are brothers in arms. though i've heard it said it is more complex. did i miss anyone? sorry.

G. Schollmeier
04-06-2001, 01:24 PM
My parents claim I was born early in June. Now I know they lied. http://media5.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/confused.gif
Gary

seafox
04-07-2001, 09:28 PM
I like scotts points about about a few adjustments

I am bisexual I am bother a heterosexual male who loves women and a lesbian male who loves women

How ever my wife insists I should stick to loving womAn.

and being the sign of the twins any loving with another person counts as group sex since I am often of two minds about every thing ;)
jeffery

seafox
04-07-2001, 09:32 PM
Oh and ish has a point also about the limited field since we've two dogs I expect my love will be pepers she has the softest hair and two big beautiful eyes... finaly sleeping peacefull a few feet after chasing the fixed boy dog all over the yard
J

Bob at Compass Boat
04-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi Ed,

Ok, don't want to admiti'm an aries, that didn't look very good. think i'm a nicer guy then that

Bob

NormMessinger
04-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Ah, now I understand, Bob. I couldn't figure out how a fellow with a member number so low, #879 yet, could only have posted 20 times in all these years. I see now you've gotten bogged down reading the archives. LOL (as Cleek would say)

Gresham CA
04-10-2003, 11:45 AM
I'm a Taurus. Damn-it to hell Ed! I wish you hadn't posted that info. Now Karen will find out that I'm a communist and she and Stan will really hound me.

Joe (SoCal)
04-10-2003, 11:53 AM
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/images/211-53a.gif

OK OK IM a Virgo and I'm nothing like the description above or ANY other Virgo description EVER MADE :D

[ 04-10-2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Bruce Taylor
04-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Interesting...most of the participants in this two-year-old thread are still forum regulars (although Cleek, Bayboat and Jamie seldom visit the People's Kingdom these days). Nearly everyone else has stuck by this sorry place through its ups and downs. Loyal, aren't we?

[ 04-10-2003, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Bruce Taylor ]

Joe Dupere
04-10-2003, 01:01 PM
I know people with all of the signs of the zodiac and those descriptions were spot on. Except for Capricorn, that one was way off.... ;)

km gresham
04-10-2003, 01:09 PM
I already knew about the communist thing, Charles. I didn't know I was bisexual, cheap and prone to incest, though. I think the parents lied about my birthdate too. Wonder why they would do such a thing :D

oldriverat
04-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Ed Harrow:
Life, outside of boats, is looking into the abyss at the moment, and is likely to only get darker....

I (maybe we, too)need some humor. Now I'm willing to make a large contribution to the humorous input, but first I'll need your cooperation. All you have to do is tell us your zodiacal sign (of course it could be someone close to you, or not even related to you, but you'll have to ID them in some way).

No. It's time to pull yourself up and get outa this mess you are in. And the internet is not the place to do it.

Any humorous input is more than welcome...

doorstop
04-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Leo
I'm not as arrogant as everyone else and don't you forget it!
"I dint mean to take it"
My sign is "Slippery when wet"
tongue.gif

Concordia..41
04-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Cheer up Joe (fellow Virgo here) - you could of been born a few days later and been a Libra. And I have no idea who started the rumor that most obsessive-compulsives are Virgos. <Goes off in disgusted huff to organize paperclips by size and condition>

Bruce Taylor
04-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Virgo
You are the logical type and hate disorder. This nit picking is sickening to your friends. You are cold and unemotional and sometimes fall asleep while making love. Virgos make good bus drivers.

Steve McMahon
04-10-2003, 07:48 PM
:D I like your sense of humor Bruce. Do you suppose he arranges his guns by size or by caliber or by age or what?

Steve McMahon
04-10-2003, 07:57 PM
I believe you Donn, my wife is a Virgo. :D :D
(but she doesn't fall asleep making love!!!)
She arranges her guns by firepower.

cs
10-23-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Ed Harrow:
Chad, you may wish to change your preference..

Scorpio
You are shrewd in business and cannot be trusted. You shall achieve the pinnacle of success because of your total lack of ethics. Most Scorpios are murdered. May have to watch out for the bumper sticker lady sexual harrassed. smile.gif

Chad

Chris Coose
10-23-2003, 06:23 AM
Ed that chart you have was edited. It is worthless in it's exisitng form. It's like a King James version.

When in these astrological sciences you must get it right.

I won't go through them all but lets pick Virgo.
It the original text it is not, "while making love" the correct and infaliable text is, "while screwing"

Virgos make great "bus drivers"!!!!
What a laugh and Oh how important the missing text makes this statement shine!!!
"Virgos make great bus drivers and pimps".
Is the correct reading.

Throw away that useless material, return to the original scripture. Otherwise you are bound to live as an Aquarian

Popeye
10-23-2003, 07:24 AM
Leo
You consider yourself a born leader. Others think you are pushy. Most Leo people are bullies. You are vain and dislike honest criticism. Your arrogance is disgusting. Leo people are known thieves.

What the..

Who told you!?