PDA

View Full Version : Not Cheering for the Terrorists

ljb5
06-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Earlier, I posted a story about the recent bombing in Iraq and the reaction to that bombing by the locals. Then I was out of the house all day while a lot of people responded to it. When I came back, I was surprised to see that some people completely misunderstood me.

Let me be clear: I am not happy about this bombing. I am not cheering it on. I am not 'dancing in the streets.'

I am merely pointing out the terrible difference between what Bush said would happen in Iraq and what is actually happening.

Brad9798 said I am "unreliable, potentially untrustworthy, and has a great lack of understanding as to the seriousness of issues on which he tries to be 'cutesy.'

Amazingly, that's exactly how I feel about Bush who lied, made terribly inaccurate predictions and made silly statements like "Bring it on" and "Mission Accomplished."

Ironmule, with his customary restraint from hyberbole, said, I am "dancing in the streets every time more Americans die in Iraq."

That is absolutely not true. I cried when my best friend lost his eye. I can't imagine how I would have felt if he was killed. Jeff, you're better than that, I think you owe me an apology.

He says I want the deaths because they'll lead to Bush's defeat. He is putting the cart before the horse. I want Bush to be defeated because it will lead to an end of the deaths.

Brad, thank you for defending me on this one issue at least.

Jeff - if you accuse me of making 'extreme posts' you should retract your earlier statement that a city in central Texas got more than 18 inches of rain in one hour. That's extreme - and untrue.

For everyone else, I apologize if the title of that thread sounded flippant. Believe me, I don't take it lightly. I gave it that title to reflect the failure of Bush's policy and the great difference between the rose garden we were promised and the nightmare our young soldiers are living. If you are mad at someone for making that statement or creating this situation, it is Bush and his administration you should be mad at.

imported_Conrad
06-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Nice spin, but your reputation precedes you. And your actions speak loudest of all.

[ 06-15-2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Conrad ]

Memphis Mike
06-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Who gives a **** . To be honest I wish both sides would take these discussions elsewhere.

NormMessinger
06-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Anybody who would think you were cheering for the terrorists has a screw or two loose.

John of Phoenix
06-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Yea, what Norm said.

stan v
06-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Anyone that thinks this dude is anything more than a troll has no screws to loosen. :rolleyes:

Insulting trolls isn't considered an insult, isit?

DavesFlatsBoat
06-15-2004, 05:47 PM
If one thinks before one types, then most apologies (even ljb5's lame attempt here) can be avoided.

For everyone else, I apologize if the title of that thread sounded flippant. For a real apology try the following:

For everyone else, I apologize that the thread title sounded flippant.

ljb5
06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
If it was flippant when I said it then it was flippant when Bush said it.

I don't see how "Bring it on" wouldn't be considered flippant; but I'm not the one who said that.

Please notice that I put the title in quotes to indicate clearly that I was using someone else's words, not my own.

[ 06-15-2004, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: ljb5 ]

The Sea Slug
06-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Anyone that thinks this dude is anything more than a troll has no screws to loosen.

Insulting trolls isn't considered an insult, isit? Takes one to know one eh stan?

ljb5
06-15-2004, 06:06 PM
To further demonstrate how much I dislike hearing about our soldiers being killed, I pledge to vote against the man who sent them over there.

Who will join me?

Who here will vote for the man who spoke these flippant words?

huisjen
06-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Oooh. Oyster's late taking his meds. Lithium for the filter feeder please....

Ross M
06-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Got caught up in your agit-prop, eh? Don't worry, your position was clear 1299 posts ago.

Ross

NormMessinger
06-15-2004, 06:53 PM
I know how you can shut him up Ross. Admit you are wrong and come over to our side.

imported_Conrad
06-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Will he have to wear a dress?

stan v
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Conrad :D

Meerkat
06-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Better that than a ball sling! tongue.gif

YOU tell him he's wrong!: :D

http://www.utilikilts.com/photogall/gal05/chris.jpg

imported_Conrad
06-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Well how convenient- he already has one! From the perspective of the photo, he looks kinda small. The bike, too. Is this the new "Mouse and the Motorcycle" series? ;)

Of course, I can understand why a low-angle shot may not be appropriate. :D

B_B
06-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by stan v:
Insulting trolls isn't considered an insult, isit?Well, I'm happy to say that in that case I have never insulted you. I take back my apologies.

b.t.w. how's your 'boat' coming along?

Ross M
06-15-2004, 08:09 PM
I would like to, Norm. I would really like to - I voted Demo in the last three elections.

But so far the bulk of Democratic support seems to be based on how horribly the current administration is performing; not how great the candidate's plans are, what he has accomplished in the past, or who he is likely to appoint as key staff.

My problem with this is that I believe little is achieved through bitching, moaning and constantly focusing on the grimmest perspectives. I personally have never accomplished anything this way (today's bon-mot included) and I suspect this is true for most others.

The Democrats currently exhibit the very behavior I despised most in the Republicans during the Clinton administration: Personal destruction of the opposition; regardless of the cost to the Republic itself.

I don't think they will win the contest this way, much less run a better administration.

I could be wrong.

Ross

Joe (SoCal)
06-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by MIke:
Let do do a little heavy lifting for our "missing" expert, Joe(Mega Warbucks on the Hudson) about trolls here, as he would say, if he was not too busy tending to his millionaires today. I may have to paraphrase a little, and be a little gentle here, but here it goes:

Why in the H*****LLLL do you come here? You never leave this section of the board? You offer nothing about wooden boats. You always post flame cut and paste posts just to create fights and arguments. Take your crap somewhere else, like some of those left wing politcal sites avaliable to you. You know exactly why you post your crap here. You intent is clear and you need a time out for sure, like a long one. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: GET LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :mad:

stan v
06-15-2004, 08:55 PM
:D

Close one.

Joe (SoCal)
06-15-2004, 08:57 PM
:confused:

stan v
06-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Go ahead, say something....you're gonna bust a gut. It's only $10. :D tongue.gif

Joe (SoCal)
06-15-2004, 09:00 PM
:D

ljb5
06-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Jeff - it's a dead horse and you fell off it long ago.

There wasn't no 18 inches of rain in one hour and there wasn't no 15+ inches in the previous week.

Anyone who believes there was is a darn fool. Anyone who says it without believing it is a liar.

Eighteen inches in one hour! Seriously, I still laugh every time I think of it. Did you say it with a straight face?

imported_Conrad
06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Turning a fire hose on him sounds like an excellent idea. :D

ljb5
06-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Whatever. He fell on the 22nd. The previous eight days saw a grand total of 0.00" inches of rain, with temperatures reaching 89 degrees.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: fixed;">http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPWG/2004/5/15/CustomHistory.html?FULLALMANAC=KACT&amp;dayend=22&amp;mont hend=5&amp;yearend=2004</pre>[/QUOTE]The horse is dead, Jeff, stop riding it.

[ 06-16-2004, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: ljb5 ]

Meerkat
06-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Tell me Jeff - when did Kerry create a climate in the military that encouraged torture? When did he cherry pick his intelligence to take this country to war? When did he alienate our foreign allies?

Those are simple enough questions. I hope you can give me a simple enough answer. While you're at it, can you tell me, if your 'least worst candidate' can do this in his first 4 years, what do you anticipate in the next 4 - nuclear war?

One other question: why do you follow a man who appeals to your emotions (fear) and not your intellect?

ljb5
06-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Sorry for 'cherry-picking' the data. If I'd included one more day, the grand total would have gone up from 0.00" to 0.03". A thritieth of an inch, more than a week before. Hardly a 'firehose.'

Jeff, you are mistaken about how many times I've posted and about what subjects. Earlier today, didn't you say I'd posted four (4) times outside the bilge? Now you say it's two (2). I feel no need to justify my presence here to you. I don't see why you care or keep track.

I considered posting some personal information about myself, however I was dissuaded by some frankly creepy behavior by a couple of forumites. I received some private communications which convinced me that it is best to limit my contact with them. Considering the harrassment some other members have received, I have no doubt that I have been prudent.

I have communicated privately with some forumites. It is touching that you and some of my other 'adversaries' here have so often asked me to share personal information, but please understand that my reluctance to do so with you is not any indication of a blanket policy, but rather an indication of my level of comfort with you.

Fooler
06-16-2004, 02:55 AM
Your wasting your time Smith. Hes just a fat assed little blow job of a troll. Dont,t play his game anymore . He's happy our men and women are dying in Iraq because politics for him is about nothing but power and winning no matter what. Five little blow bites is just a smug little peckerhead of **** .

Meerkat
06-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Jeff; I didn't infer you where blindly following Shrub, although I sincerely wonder why you'd vote for him!

If you can take your mind off of ljb5 for a bit, I would honestly like to know your answers to the questions I asked (at least, the non-rhetorical ones ;) ).

ljb5
06-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Jeff, you missed my very first posts (about Microsoft Excel), a few other computer related ones, some discussion of my birthday, marriage, boats, hockey, living in the South, books, tools, energy conservation, hydrogen fuel, kayaking, racing one-designs, etc.

It's okay - I don't expect you to hang on my every word. I'm just a little surprised you make such strong statements about something you are wrong about.