PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox

Jack Heinlen
04-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I know there've been some threads go by about this in the last month, but I thought I'd add my two cents. I'd ignored the comments, because habit had me wedded to Internet Explorer.

My IE went down hard, first of last week. I tried my limited bag of tricks and no soap. I still don't know why. I assume it's infested with something.

So, luckily, I'd already loaded Firefox. The IE wouldn't even let me get to the WEB. Though it took me, in my cyber-thick way, a few days to realize it, a new browser has been a revelation.

I'm still finding my way around, but want to report. When I was running IE, my every day scan with Spybot turned up at least a dozen leeches of one sort or another. Since using Firefox I've not had one.

FYI.

I'm sure the cyber-savvy have had this all figured out for a long time, but it was a revelation to this Billy Budd.

I feel like when I used to live at one of the most beautiful places in the world, Morse Mountain on the coast of Maine. It was unspoken, but one didn't mention it casually. ;)

John Bell
04-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Once you discover tabbed browsing, you'll really get hooked.

Lurch
04-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Much better than Internet Exploder, and Thunderbird is much better than Outlook.

Don

Henning 4148
04-17-2005, 02:11 AM
Firefox under Linux.

Made the decision one year ago after having trouble with malware under windows.

Everything fine apart from - printing. With Linux, it's first find out what is supported, then buy.

MickeyLane
04-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Now all you need is the Abe Vigoda plug-in.