PDA

View Full Version : Oyster...

Wiley Baggins
03-22-2003, 01:45 PM
...still interested in your comments on this.

NB Mr. Know It All, This was saved before post. I did not delete it.

Minorites in the Coast Guard

Author Topic: Minorites in the Coast Guard
Oyster
Member # 5154

posted 03-20-2003 10:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norm, this is a nice story that references Pea Island. Long before there was Equal Rights, and affirmative action, there was the same hard working, life saving, good old American men of color, Meerkat. And I am proud to say that I have never had a problem with anyone, except the baggy jeans, corner stumping scabs . But you keep stiring the pot, just like Jesse Jackson, and the likes of Al Sharptons.
http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/history/African%20American%20Photo%20Gallery.html

--------------------
Life is full of a collection of missed opportunities. I think I will take the opportunity TODAY and go fishing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Know It All
Member # 4106

posted 03-20-2003 10:37 PM
A very interesting site Oyster.
I love this photo.

Oyster
Member # 5154

posted 03-20-2003 10:46 PM
That is some interesting reading. Howsbout the Healy. Brand new Icebreaker and named after that old, old Coast Guard fellow, older than Norm.

[ 03-20-2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

--------------------
Life is full of a collection of missed opportunities. I think I will take the opportunity TODAY and go fishing.

Wiley Baggins
Member # 5061

posted 03-20-2003 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oyster:
<snip>I am proud to say that I have never had a problem with anyone, except the baggy jeans, corner stumping scabs .<snip>

Oyster,

What exactly are "baggy jeans, corner stumping scabs?"

stan v
Member # 3673

posted 03-20-2003 11:19 PM
Wiley, why don't you ask Harry Belefonte.

--------------------
All American
All the time

Oyster
Member # 5154

posted 03-20-2003 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wiley Baggins:

quote:
<snip>I am proud to say that I have never had a problem with anyone, except the baggy jeans, corner stumping scabs .<snip>

Oyster,

kinda like our last president going town to town, street to street, selling his smile. Offered nothing but a cheap high for the moment, for losers.

You see Wiley, race is not an issue when one wishes to be part of a producitve society. This was my intent to point out this fact. Against all odds, we in the south shared a lot of good with the races, contrary to Mr. Meerkat and a few others here. Read the site and you will see, color played no part when we all worked together. Remember the Democratic party fought Lincoln about freeing the slaves.
Look at the dates of these outstanding citizens of the south.

[ 03-20-2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

--------------------

Wiley Baggins
Member # 5061

posted 03-20-2003 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wiley Baggins:
[Oyster,]

quote:
kinda like our last president going town to town, street to street, selling his smile. Offered nothing but a cheap high for the moment, for losers.

And this is related to Black Coast Guardsmen how?

Wiley Baggins
Member # 5061

posted 03-20-2003 11:54 PM

quote:

You see Wiley, race is not an issue when one wishes to be part of a producitve society. This was my intent to point out this fact. Against all odds, we in the south shared a lot of good with the races, contrary to Mr. Meerkat and a few others here. Read the site and you will see, color played no part when we all worked together. Remember the Democratic party fought Lincoln about freeing the slaves.
Look at the dates of these outstanding citizens of the south.

Oyster,

Nice edit. When you reference achievements by Whites, do you add comments about how you have nothing against anyone and reference some element of White society that offends you?

For instance, do you say, "Here is a site about the achievements of White business executives. I have nothing against anyone, except executives like those at Enron?"

Why do you say that you are not a racist, give some example of Black achievement, and then feel obligated qualify your statement with an example of Black’s that you feel are undesirable citizens?

All times are ET (US)

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 01:50 PM
I don't know what you are attempting to say or do, but be adviced that this was not removed by me. So I would suggect and request that you take this as your only response that you will get. ANd maybe you should do the same. You took the comment out of context, as Kevin pointed it out to you and have attempted to make an issue out of it.
I am tired of being called a racist by Meerkat, because of where I live and have all my life. I posted that article to address the issue of acheivements in our area of Black men in the 1800s and up to now as regard to williness to be producitve in this country.

That website is a website especially set up to highlight the acheivements of the group. Also you removed Kevin's reply.

[ 03-22-2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

Meerkat
03-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Oyster, I'm not calling you a racist because of where you live, I'm calling you one because of statements you've made that reveal your racism. Stuff like your remark about there being something good about blond hair and blue eyes for a change while going through the airport and the remark you made about your sons making it "in spite of affirmative action" or something like that. Then, you post a thread that mostly highlights the contribution of black people to the CG while it was segregated and there's not much newer except for the first black person to become Chief Master Chief of the CG.

I don't care where you come from - racism is in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Mr. Know It All
03-22-2003, 03:06 PM
I think I said something about the site speaking for itself. I still think it was a good site. So how is it racist to point out black men of achievement in the Coast Guard? Baggy pants isn't just a black thing anymore either. I'll bet you don't have kids Wiley? Yup..... either that, or you're a Sociology professor looking for the opportunity to lecture. :D
Peace----> Kevin in Ohio

Memphis Mike
03-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Starting to see the "true colors" are we Wiley?

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Lets really talk racism, if this is where this post is pointing:

Memphis Mike, since you brought this up, you should know all about this subject, being from the great state of West Virgina:

Ex-Klansman Robert Byrd, the senior senator from West Virginia, casually used the phrase "white nigger" twice on national TV this weekend...

The ex-Klansman showed his true colors when asked by Fox News Sunday morning talk show host Tony Snow about the state of race relations in America. Sen. Byrd warned: "There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much."

The ex-Klansman's admirers praise his historical knowledge, mastery of procedural rules, and outspokenness. They refer to the Senate's senior Democrat as the "conscience of the Senate." They downplay his white-sheet-wearing days as a "brief mistake" - as if joining the Klan were like knocking over a glass of water. Oopsy.

This ex-Klansman wasn't just a passive member of the nation's most notorious hate group. According to news accounts and biographical information, Sen. Byrd was a "Kleagle" - an official recruiter who signed up members for $10 a head. He said he joined because it "offered excitement" and because the Klan was an "effective force" in "promoting traditional American values."

The ex-Klansman allegedly ended his ties with the group in 1943. He may have stopped paying dues, but he continued to pay homage to the KKK. Republicans in West Virginia discovered a letter Sen. Byrd had written to the Imperial Wizard of the KKK three years after he says he abandoned the group. He wrote: "The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia" and "in every state in the Union."

The ex-Klansman later filibustered the landmark 1964 Civil Rights Act - supported by a majority of those "mean-spirited" Republicans - for more than 14 hours. He also opposed the nominations of the Supreme Court's two black justices, liberal Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas. In fact, the ex-Klansman had the gall to accuse Justice Thomas of "injecting racism" into the Senate hearings.

The ex-Klansman vowed never to fight "with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

Here's the formula. If a conservative is embarrassed, it makes the front page, full story. If a liberal is embarrassed, it plays deep inside the paper, just an item in a column.

To Meerkat:

Oyster, I'm not calling you a racist because of where you live, I'm calling you one because of statements you've made that reveal your racism."

That is the bigest crock of bull this week, you have written.

"Stuff like your remark about there being something good about blond hair and blue eyes for a change while going through the airport"

You people have argued about profiling. Look at the profiles of the terrorist organization. Call me racist if you wish. I don't care about dieing because of political correctness.This has nothing to do with race.

"and the remark you made about your sons making it "in spite of affirmative action" or something like that."

That right. We were discussing the 20 point spot for minorites of people entering the colleges.

"Then, you post a thread that mostly highlights the contribution of black people to the CG while it was segregated and there's not much newer except for the first black person to become Chief Master Chief of the CG."

PRIDE TO DO A JOB, given against odds in our area.

"I don't care where you come from - racism is in all 50 states and the District of Columbia."

No, you post on all threads with a great big smile about me being an ignorant southerner with bedsheets on. You think this is funny?

Keep on posting your bigotry and intollerance.

Edited to address this issue:

"Stuff like your remark about there being something good about blond hair and blue eyes for a change while going through the airport"
I didn't say this at all. I said I was pulled out a searched for about ten minutes, Along with a 70 year old grandma. Address the facts about terrorism.

[ 03-22-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

Memphis Mike
03-22-2003, 07:37 PM
Oyster, just calm down and accept your label.
It takes all kinds to make the world go a round and that includes you. Unfortunitly.{sp} :D

[ 03-22-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
Oyster, just calm down and accept your label.
It takes all kinds to make the world go a round and that includes you. Unfortunitly.{sp} :D Okay, have at it, if that makes you feel smart. But don't get irritated at anyone , like your buddy Joe, calling you a big arrogant drunk, next time, just like you are. The proof is in the pudding. If you and others get upset at me quoting history past and present, then that fits right into the area of intollerance. But then again, You are no better than what you vote for your leadership.

[ 03-22-2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

huisjen
03-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we've just witnessed a historic occasion. Gerbil Boy wrote out his own arguement. Not only that, but I think he did a fair job of it.

Senator Byrd's history is unfamiliar to me, but what Gerbil Boy brought up somehow doesn't surprise me. I understand that at one time, Harry Truman, the president that desegregated the military, almost joined the KKK. It was a much bigger organization in the first half of the 20th century, and it was about more than just racism. That Senator Byrd joined the likes of Strom Thurmon to fight the Civil Rights Act is damning too.

But I also recognize that racism is part of our national history. Many in power today have such skeletons in their closets. It's only when they bring them out and talk about the good old days that I get really nervous. (Like "We voted for him and we're proud of it.")

I do wonder about the context of the "white nigger" comment, but it was clearly an insensitive thing to say.

Do I think the Filter Feeder is a racist? Yes I do, and I think the comments Meerkat pointed out show that. We've also seen that he's a homophobic sort of bigot too.

But I've been called a racist for simple comments I've made (specificly that Diffrent Strokes was a stupid show). I'm ashamed to say it, but there's some truth to it.

I grew up in semi-rural New England. There just aren't many African Americans here. Those I've known, I came to know as either individuals (good) or sailors (which at least lets me catagorize people, right or wrong). When I see black people, I notice that they are black, and I note their presence in a way that I wouldn't with whites or asians. I automaticly am more appraising of them, guessing at their character by their dress, manner, and the lines in their faces, automaticly. I'm not making blanket judgements, but I'm paying undue attention because of ethnisity, and I think that does, in some way, make me a racist.

On the other hand, I remember a comment in a conversation I had with an African American Petty Officer. We were basicly killing time. He asked me, "Which would you fear more: a group of white kids comeing down the sidewalk toward you, or a group of black kids?" I said I'd be more nervous about that black kids. He said, "Me too."

Dan

[ 03-22-2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: huisjen ]

huisjen
03-22-2003, 09:44 PM
The field is still way to wet to do anything out there, but I am doing some building work and prep. But it's kinda dark out right now too.

Are you miffed because I'm insulting the Filter Feeder by calling him what he is, or have I, while reflecting on my own faults, offended someone else?

Dan

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Hey Donn, it appears to be a Muslin in the 101st that attacked the senior officers tent in the grenade attack. Yep Dan, call me whatever you care to, to make up for your blindness. ANd it is being reported that a scud attack on the troops happened at the same time, on Fox.

[ 03-22-2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

Scott Rosen
03-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Wiley,

I feel your pain. I'm not kidding.

huisjen
03-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Well Donn, you'll just have to learn to live with it or die unhappy.

Dan

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Donn:
Dan...I withdraw what I said. Please feel free to insult Oyster all you please.

Oyster...did anyone ever tell you that you're insane? Well, it's time. You're insane, and ignorant. You have no grip whatever. You should leave....permanently.

You're well known for your travels and visits. You have my address...come for a visit.?? explain??

huisjen
03-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Sorry Donn, I didn't see your retraction. My post was in reference to your disapproval of me. Therefore belay my last.

Dan

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Well since I have no idea what you are refering to, feel free to elaborate on your comment. Dan attacks me and then you tell him to focus and the you turn around and attack me? Interesting to say the least.

huisjen
03-22-2003, 10:21 PM
Oyster, believe it or not, I wasn't attacking you any more than I was attacking myself. My point was that many of us can see things in the mirror we don't like, if we dare to look.

Dan

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 10:25 PM
Well Donn, what brought about your telling me to come see you? What does that have to do with the topic or the attack on the 101st by the Muslin trooper?

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Oh, I see now. I left out Dan on the reply. I was addressing both of you. Oh well. My monitor is not the best, and didn't realize that was what the the stir was about. Call me whatever, if it makes anyone feel better.

huisjen
03-22-2003, 10:37 PM
Donn, does that make sense to you, because I have no idea what either of you are talking about.

Dan

ishmael
03-22-2003, 10:40 PM
That makes four of us. :D

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Read it yourself.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=540&e=1&u=/ap/20030323/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_kuwait_attack

American Held in U.S. Camp Attack
19 minutes ago

By PATRICK McDOWELL, Associated Press Writer

KUWAIT CITY - A command tent of the 101st Airborne Division camp in Kuwait was attacked early Sunday with grenades, and 13 soldiers were wounded, six seriously, military officials said. An American soldier was detained as a suspect, the Army said.

AP Photo

Latest news:
· Key Developments Concerning Iraq War
AP - 16 minutes ago
· Allies Push Within 150 Miles of Baghdad
AP - 29 minutes ago
· Peace Marchers Rally Across United States
AP - 45 minutes ago
Special Coverage

Two persons of Middle Eastern descent were also detained in Camp Pennsylvania and questioned about the attack, said George Heath, civilian spokesman for Fort Campbell, Kentucky, home base of the 101st. He did not know if they are still being questioned.

Two Middle Eastern men had been hired as contractors working for the Army at that camp, but Heath did not say in what capacity.

The American soldier detained is assigned to the 101st Airborne, said Max Blumenfeld, a spokesman for the U.S. Army V Corps.

Of the 13 wounded, two were treated at the scene and released and helicopters evacuated 11 to Army hospitals, he said.

Preliminary information suggests the attack at 1:30 a.m. was carried out using hand grenades only, Blumenfeld said. Earlier reports had also talked of small-arms fire. The motive most likely was resentment, he said, without elaborating.

Blumenfeld said investigators do not know if others were involved and the suspect has not been charged.

Names of the wounded were not released.

Earlier, Heath said the attack appeared to have been carried out by terrorists.

The attack happened at a rear base camp of the 101st, near the Iraqi border, U.S. military officials said.

Near Camp New York, another encampment in Kuwait, a Patriot missile hit an incoming missile, a military official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. There were no reports of injuries or where debris from the missile might have landed. Camp New York, which is near Camp Pennsylvania, was the largest of the desert staging camps.

Jim Lacey, a correspondent for Time magazine, told CNN that he was about 20 yards (meters) away when explosions at Camp Pennsylvania went off at what he said were two tents that housed division leadership.

"The people who did it ran off into the darkness," he said.

He said he interviewed an Army major who was sitting outside the tent. "He said he saw the grenade roll by him," Lacey said.

After the attack, troops fanned out around the compound to find the perpetrators, Lacey said.

The military did not identify the unit of the 101st that was in the camp but said it had been in Kuwait for about one week. Most of the division has entered southern Iraq (news - web sites).

Kuwait was the main launching point for the tens of thousands of ground forces who have entered Iraq.

The 101st Airborne is a rapid deployment group trained to go anywhere in the world within 36 hours. The roughly 22,000 members of the 101st were deployed Feb. 6. The last time the entire division was deployed was during the 1991 Persian Gulf War (news - web sites), which began after Iraq invaded neighboring Kuwait.

Most recently, it hunted suspected Taliban and al-Qaida fighters in the mountains of Afghanistan (news - web sites). Its exploits are followed in Kentucky with much pride.

News of the attack at the camp compounded the anxiety of relatives of the division's soldiers.

"I get a little worried but when I think I should be crying, I'm not," said Chelsey Payne of Clarksville, Tenn., whose husband, Sgt. Robert Payne, is with the division. "I just don't get scared about my own husband, I just know that he's a good soldier and he's coming home. He promised me."

huisjen
03-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Right.

What I'm still missing is what Oyster edited.

Dan

huisjen
03-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Also, it appears that the Filter Feeder can't differentiate between " a Muslin [sic] in the 101st" and a local who is employed by and working among the 101st. A subtle difference, but it means it wasn't an attack by one of our troops.

Dan

ishmael
03-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Who knows, but CBS was reporting that one of our troops was being held, in addition to two Kuwaiti 'muslins'.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/24/iraq/main541815.shtml

[ 03-22-2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 11:03 PM
American Soldier Held in U.S. Camp Attack

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=540&e=1&u=/ap/2003032 3/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_kuwait_attack (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=540&e=1&u=/ap/20030323/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_kuwait_attack)

Read it.

Earlier they had detained two workers also, Dan.

[ 03-22-2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Dan, in replying, I had left your name out in this response. I think this is what he flew off the handle about, when he changed his tune.
Oyster
Member # 5154

posted 03-22-2003 09:54 PM
Hey Donn, it appears to be a Muslin in the 101st that attacked the senior officers tent in the grenade attack. Yep Dan, call me whatever you care to, to make up for your blindness. ANd it is being reported that a scud attack on the troops happened at the same time, on Fox.

[ 03-22-2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

huisjen
03-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Right. I read it. The motive was said to be most likely "resentment". There is no mention that the soldier was muslim. What part of your butt did you pull that part from?

Dan

stan v
03-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Fox news is reporting him to be muslim. Have also shown photos of his detention and capture.

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 11:28 PM
It also appears to be senior officers, a Col, I think was seriously injured.

Memphis Mike
03-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Dan...I withdraw what I said. Please feel free to insult Oyster all you please.

Oyster...did anyone ever tell you that you're insane? Well, it's time. You're insane, and ignorant. You have no grip whatever. You should leave....permanently.

You're well known for your travels and visits. You have my address...come for a visit.Jesus! Donn, ya got balls. Big uns tooo. I'm puttin my cone hat on! :D

Native son
03-22-2003, 11:39 PM
wow I better get rid of that muslin jacket or someone might start shooting at me :D

PatCox
03-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Huisjen, I am not sure who you are referring to when you say "gerbil boy," I always thought that was stan, but as for Oyster's post about Byrd, that was an un-attributed cut and paste of a 3 year old news story, It didn't happen last week, it was a couple of years ago Byrd said that.

Native son
03-22-2003, 11:41 PM
You guys call the texan gerbil boy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

stan v
03-22-2003, 11:44 PM
Watch those guys from the Northeast, they're trolling. STAY AWAY FROM THE NORTHWEST BUNCH. Never mind, I see you're from Canada.

edited northwest (I must have been laughing when I first typed it)

[ 03-22-2003, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: stan v ]

On Vacation
03-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Thats right, Pat. You see most of you fellows have a nice way of taking a post and redirecting it, to fit a certain need. This post was in response to the great one from West Virginia, MM. Its amazing Byrd had no trouble being voted in and supported by the "all caring" party.

huisjen
03-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Huh.

Gee Pat. You are absolutley right. I don't know how I mistook a Filter Feeder post for one of Stan's. I mean really, Gerbil Boy can't actually wright paragraphs.....

Yes, we call him Gerbil Boy. This is because he has an "unnatural" fixation with sex between men and animals. Hogs are another of his faves. He denys it, but every now and then the homosexual-bestiality thing comes out in his focus of attention.

I must be getting tired. It's been a long day and it's bedtime. Goodnight all.

Dan

Memphis Mike
03-22-2003, 11:59 PM
Thats right, Pat. You see most of you fellows have a nice way of taking a post and redirecting it, to fit a certain need. This post was in response to the great one from West Virginia, MM. Its amazing Byrd had no trouble being voted in and supported by the "all caring" party.Ya like toothpaste Oyster? It burns but that's it for ya! :D Oh I forgot, stupid redneck ****. :D

[ 03-23-2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]

Native son
03-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Most texans are like that I think. :D

Dutch Rub
03-23-2003, 06:51 AM
oyster...you have joined dutchrub's ranks in my mind. Now Im really pissed. :mad:

Donn you may think youre some type of big shot in a this little pond but you dont impress me. Never have- you have a fast computer with a good search engine-you like to try to make every one else look stupid by calling attention to silly things like spelling errors. It is those like you who give the appearance of self confidence which possess the least of it. Why dont you go away? permanently? At least every one here knows Oyster for what he is.......you on the other hand are a serpent in the grass

Memphis Mike
03-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Everyone here knows what you are too. And we all know who you are. ;)

PatCox
03-23-2003, 10:22 AM
I don't know who Dutch Rub is, but I applaud his honesty last night, he seems to have dropped out of his "character" and let his real feelings out, whether you agree or disagree I find it more honest and real than the merry prankster role.

Memphis Mike
03-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Been a lot of private communication concerning Dutch Pat. We have him pegged. But are not at liberty to say who he really is.

On Vacation
03-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by PatCox:
Huisjen, I am not sure who you are referring to when you say "gerbil boy," I always thought that was stan, but as for Oyster's post about Byrd, that was an un-attributed cut and paste of a 3 year old news story, It didn't happen last week, it was a couple of years ago Byrd said that.Makes no difference when the story and interview was, this pattern has gone, by him, by your party, for multi generations. And yet he was voted back in office time and again while carrying the card of the KKK, and actions to back it up.

Memphis Mike
Member # 3517

posted 03-22-2003 05:41 PM
Starting to see the "true colors" are we Wiley?

Says something about true colors for sure, Mike and Pat.

[ 03-23-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Oyster ]

On Vacation
03-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Cnn reporting the grenade thrower name is Sgt. Asan Akbar, Islamic conversion. Fort Campbell, Ky. 101st Airborne

Andrew Craig-Bennett
03-23-2003, 05:58 PM
The fervour of the convert. That makes rather good sense. Nasty business.

Rex Fearnehough
03-23-2003, 06:17 PM
Mike, I have searched for the Cnn report on the grenade thrower where it says that he was a muslim. Could you please post the ref?
I've tried most of the news reviews and still can't find the references. Cnn does say that he has a Muslim name however.
Thanks.

Rex Fearnehough
03-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Thanks Donn, I wasn't looking for an argument, I just wanted an insight into the man.
I am at the moment watching a discussion programme on TV, one of the the people in this discussion is a man called Lawrence/Laurence Eagleberger. He is making good sense. Is he a goodie or a baddie.

Rex Fearnehough
03-23-2003, 07:05 PM
A news flash just came up, that two Iraqi generals have been captured.

On Vacation
03-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Haven't been able to find that one, Rex.

Dutch Rub
03-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
Been a lot of private communication concerning Dutch Pat. We have him pegged. But are not at liberty to say who he really is.People are talking about me in private? What could they be saying? It MUST be something good...... has to be...... after all Im a great person .. ...ok then a good ........well Im not Sadaam........... :confused:

Dutch Rub
03-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Larry?

:D

Art Read
03-24-2003, 01:34 AM
"...As far as I know, Lawrence Eagleberger
is the only career diplomat who reached the post of secretary of state."

Rex Fearnehough
03-24-2003, 04:35 AM
I also spent a lot of time looking for the Generals story.
It ran just the once, scrolled across the bottom of the TV.
Must have been a mistake.

Rex Fearnehough
03-24-2003, 04:48 AM
Dutch, thanks for making me laugh.
I don't find you offensive.