X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wild Dingo
    Humata, Hukhta, Huvarshta
    • Jun 2001

Eating on the road

Now the last few days for me have been pretty flamin hecktic... finished work on friday night had a bit of kip and hit the road at sparrow phart and off up to Kal to help young Melissa sort some things out and on the way I got a bit peckish

Now I dont often eat the muck at roadhouses unless I see a swag of trucks parked out front then I quickly slow down and wait for a semi to pull in scoot in behind them and grab me blue truckie singlet outta the oil box in the boot where its kept for times when I wanna pretend to be back in me trucker days slip it on and race in lookin all the world like the trucker I once was and get one of the "truckie specials"... only the truckies get the best sides of steak the biggest helpins the most of everything tourists get whatever the greasy buggar in the kitchen can scrape of the floor and roll in the spit bucket to make an appearance of something that in one of Steven Kings nightmares looked a tiny fraction like a sorta maybe bit of "steak"... gawd I love the truckie specials

Anyways here I am staved outta me guord so I pulled into this roadhouse out at a place called Ghooli... yep thats what you read Ghooli a real nothin place just a couple of old empty houses and a ****ty old roadhouse run and manned by an even ****ter ol man an his even worse than the south end of a north bound camel missus... anyway Im so bloody hungry I could eat road kill so...

I did!!

Yep I said it I ate road kill... and to proove me point I even took a couple of pics of the stuff still in its baggie... mind here this was about the most fresh and edible looking tucker in the place!

and to get the writing clearer hers anothery...

Now I will confess to eating preciesely 2 peices of this stuff and tossing the lot out the window... I think I passed the goats that ate the rest and are probably in the next batch of this stuff on the way back yesty!

So anyways I got back here sometime past flamin mongrel nolight this mornin... the car now well and truely trained after several trips so I was able to cover the last 300 klicks with my truck high beam and spotlight cornea burned eye sockets closed {my eyeballs being somewhere about 400 klicks back up the road)

But I just thought yous fellas would like to know we Aussies at least try to EAT our road kill... yep tough buggars us fellas! AND!!! were ecologically minded enough to pick up clean up and recycle our road kill [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    .................................................. ...................
    Nil illegitimi carborundum = Never let the bastards wear you down
  • Memphis Mike
    Banned
    • Jun 2001

Don't chall got no Mcdonalds over there?

Comment

• Wild Dingo
      Humata, Hukhta, Huvarshta
      • Jun 2001

McLeather? nah mate its here just I cant even force meself to go through the doors since a mate got some and fed it to his dog to eat the muck after he had chucked on a mouthfull of the swill they serve... poor pooch broke her her teeth last time she tried to eat that shoe leather they call "burgers" at McLouseys absoflaminlute crap is that stuff... and mmmm nope nearest one to Ghooli was 300 one way and 400 the other!
      .................................................. ...................
      Nil illegitimi carborundum = Never let the bastards wear you down

Comment

• Shang
        • Sep 2000

Wrap hot dogs in aluminum foil,
        wire the package to your car's exhaust manifold.
        Eat a hot cooked lunch when you stop at noontime...

...Oh, and DO NOT forget that you've placed the package there,
        or it will remind you several weeks later.

[ 04-26-2004, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Shang ]

Comment

• PeterSibley
          • Dec 2001

I've always prefered food
          '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
          Grateful Dead

Comment

• corra58
            • Aug 2002

Dingo, you seem to have a penchant for choosing the wrong food. I only ate good food when I was on the East coast.
            You're on the wrong side but most of the ozzies I met denied having an West coast.
            How's the family? Any new ones?
            T Rex.

Comment

• Andrew Craig-Bennett
              Who?
              • Aug 1999

I take sandwiches...
              IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Comment

Working...