PDA

View Full Version : Donn don't like it when his Ra Ra threads don't work out.

Joe (SoCal)
12-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Boo hoo Boo hoo
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa little cry baby Donn pulls his Ra Ra Sis Boom Ba Kerik C&P thread when his boy bowed out.

What a punk :rolleyes:

Awwww poor baby ya don't like it when the spin is not to your liking? What did ya find out that Kerik was a poor speller :D :D

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40620000/jpg/_40620131_kerik_body_ap.jpg

New US security chief pulls out

The man chosen by President George W Bush to take over as the new US homeland security secretary has withdrawn his nomination.

Bernard Kerik, a former New York City police chief, was chosen a week ago to head the department created after the 11 September 2001 attacks.

His role in their aftermath transformed him into a symbol of strength.

The pull-out came after Mr Kerik uncovered tax and immigration problems relating to his employment of a nanny.

"I uncovered information that now leads me to question the immigration status of a person who had been in my employ as a housekeeper and nanny," he said in a statement.

"It has also been brought to my attention that for a period of time, during such employment, required tax payments and related filings had not been made."

Mr Kerik added that he feared the disclosure would "only serve as a significant and unnecessary distraction to the vital efforts of the Department of Homeland Security," in excerpts quoted by Reuters news agency.

Intense scrutiny

Correspondents say Mr Kerik is not the first prominent official to fall victim to issues involving hired help at home.

BERNARD KERIK

1986: Joined NYPD as beat officer

1991: Awarded medal for valour after shoot-out

1997: Rose to rank of commissioner

2001: Oversaw department during 9/11

Similar obstacles ended the nomination hopes of three candidates for top administration posts in the Clinton administration, the Associated Press news agency reports.

Ahead of formally taking office, Mr Kerik faced intense scrutiny both from the FBI and from the media.

News organisations raised questions about his links to the stun-gun company, Taser.

Mr Kerik, who sat on the board of Taser, earned $6.2m from stock options he received from the company, which had done highly profitable business with the department Mr Kerik was to head, according to FBI sources quoted by the Associated Press.

He was also fined two years ago for using a police sergeant and two detectives to research his autobiography, the New York Times has reported.

Symbolic presence

The White House has said it will move as quickly as it can to name someone else to fill this nomination but the decision means President Bush will have to seek a new candidate to run the sprawling bureaucracy of more than 180,000 employees.

Mr Kerik was thrust into the public spotlight in his position as New York police commissioner after the 11 September 2001 attacks.

He supervised the police department's response and was often seen at the side of then-Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.

In 2003 he took on a temporary assignment in Iraq to help rebuild the country's police force, and played a key role immediately following the cessation of major hostilities.

He also served as interior minister at the Coalition Provisional Authority, the body set up by the US Department of Defence to run Iraq following the fall of Saddam Hussein.

The BBC's Daniel Lak in Washington says that Mr Kerik's strong physical and symbolic presence mean it will prove difficult for Mr Bush to find someone with the same high media profile to step into his shoes.

Among possible candidates is the president's homeland security adviser, Frances Townsend.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/americas/4087505.stm

Published: 2004/12/11 07:55:50 GMT

Đ BBC MMIV

Victor
12-11-2004, 02:14 PM
So, you're giving Karen a break? Don't you have something better to do?

Meerkat
12-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Now, if only someone would find Condoleza's love child... ;)

Joe (SoCal)
12-11-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't give no one a break :D

ANYONE who post C&P and then runs and hides or worse deletes it cause they don't like the response will have me NOTICE it ;)

By the way I'm cleaning up the house we are having a dinner party and between chores I just pop in and check what's going on. Multi tasking with a portable laptop it makes the chores go faster :D

JimD
12-11-2004, 02:24 PM
"I uncovered information that now leads me to question the immigration status of a person who had been in my employ as a housekeeper and nanny," he said in a statement.
Ok, this bit is funny. Super cop has just now uncovered information... :D

And btw, Joe, there is at least one missing comma and an unecessary 'that' in your post. Someone may not be pleased :eek:

George.
12-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Donn sure pulled a Karen on that one... :D

Andrew Craig-Bennett
12-11-2004, 04:58 PM
The bit that I particularly liked in Donn's cut-and-paste item, before he unfortunately mislaid it, was the last three lines, where we were informed that Mr Kerik's rise to prominence after the World Trade Center attack "enabled" him to trace a daughter that he had fathered some years before, in South Korea. I was very touched by this; there was no question of her mother recognising a picture in the public prints - no, Mr Kerik's new found fame allowed him to do the decent thing!

I'm partial to wing of roast sucking pig; are you?

TGP
12-11-2004, 05:49 PM
You fight with Donn because he doesn't want to meet you Joe. Donn doesn't want to meet anyone. Get over it.

ljb5
12-11-2004, 06:27 PM
I still think that, if Bush really wanted Kerik, he'd be able to force him through the confirmation process.

Bush wouldn't let a little something like a nanny stand in the way of Homeland Security.

There must be more to the story.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
12-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Don't take it personal Joe,Donn hates us all. tongue.gif
He seems to be the perfect example of the rude, numb New Yorker's I keep hearing about. Maybe the "Ghost's Of Christmas Past, Present and Future" will do a number on him this year. ;) :D

Jack Heinlen
12-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Give it a break. Donn is an intellectual, or a good measure thereof, retreated to his lair. All the posts like this, meant to incite, are unproductive. He's an obstreperous bastard, but has refrained from most light commentary lately. I respect that. Leave him alone.

There must be a ring where you can put on the gloves Joe. Or maybe you're too old, and find it easier to bandy and box with words.

Hoo, hoo, I'll fight you anytime! :rolleyes:

[ 12-11-2004, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Jack Heinlen ]

NormMessinger
12-11-2004, 06:57 PM
"He seems to be the perfect example of the rude, numb New Yorker's I keep hearing about."

Maybe, but there is another side to him, as with most of us. So.... What Jack said.

Why is it so important to some of us to point out the speck in other's eye?

Larry P.
12-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Because we are blinded by the log in our own

[ 12-11-2004, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Larry P. ]

captain's gig
12-11-2004, 08:01 PM
..so, getting a log stuck in your eye, what is that like? Is it like going around for a week with a chicken wing stuck to your face?

ahp
12-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Having run a small, very small, corporation, I find it unbelievable that anyone could overlook the detail of reporting and submitting employee withholding tax to both the IRS and the State. Even if he was not incorporated the obligation remains. This is not a trivial detail.

rbgarr
12-11-2004, 09:41 PM
ahp-

As I'm sure you are aware, hiring low-wage workers off the books happens all the time. Folks are just counting on not having the workers turn them (the employer) in for fear of reprisal and the IRS not catching them. This guy in New York knew what he was doing, most likely.

Joe (SoCal)
12-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Donn !!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Joe (SoCal)
12-11-2004, 10:46 PM
OK so we had a loverly couple over tonight.

We served steak au pauve, with sage glazed baby carrots, fresh home made cream spinach. rosemary and garlic baked red potatoes. I chopped them and drizzled oil on them, yum smile.gif
To make this thread beneficial :D

Recipe:

Steak
7 butcher cut pave ( filet )
encrust with fresh garlic and crack pepper
heat skillet till hot with a small amount of vegetable oil
SEAR steak 10 min both sides for medium rare
poor one full cup of cognac
Flambé and deglase the pan
Add one pint of light cream and sea salt.
reduce to a thicken sauce.

Sage glazed carrots

3# of baby carrots
Heat skillet
Add 1/2 stick of butter
1 clove of garlic pressed
4 chopped sprigs of sage
Glaze sage
add carrots
add 1/2 a cup of white sweet vermouth
Simmer and add the other half of stick of butter
cook till carrots get lightly caramelized

Rosemary roasted Potatoes

I bag of reds
clean and cut and 1/4
place in baking tin add 1/2 cup of olive oil
add 2 cloves of garlic pealed and sliced for roasting
one bunch of rosemary sprinkled on top with sea salt and herb de Provence.
Bake in oven at 375 deg F

Cream spinach
4 bags of fresh spinach
Clean and slice spinach like confetti
In a large sauce pan dissolve 1/2 sick of butter
2 cloves of pressed garlic
Simmer spinach down add a little more butter
add vermouth add pepper and salt
simmer down and then add light cream simmer down to cream spinach consistency.

Twas a nice dinner party :D
Just finished up and we ended up with one more child than we started out with smile.gif One couples daughter is having a sleep over with Tess tonight :D

TGP
12-11-2004, 11:50 PM
I've ate better dinners than that in jail.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-12-2004, 12:29 AM
I like mine microwaved, but then the steel plate in my head makes me piss myself and forget who I am. :confused:

jwaldin
12-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey Joe,
Who the fuc$ cares what you and 'Tess' eat for dinner, not to mention who sleeps over.
Why not start your own blog and save WB some band width?
I'd be curious to know how many WBF members would visit your blog.

Joe (SoCal)
12-12-2004, 09:17 AM
jwaldin ya know what I don't care about ???
Your opinion. :D HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

12-12-2004, 09:18 AM
I care. tongue.gif
Why don't you self moderate yourself j. :D

Paul Pless
12-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Ah yes! The very best of the forum right here in this thread. Yeah, this is why I come here.

12-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by NormMessinger:
"He seems to be the perfect example of the rude, numb New Yorker's I keep hearing about."

Maybe, but there is another side to him, as with most of us. So.... What Jack said.

Why is it so important to some of us to point out the speck in other's eye?I know it really dosen't need pointing out Norm but Donn has turned into an even bigger rude insulting Prick.(not that he wasn't before :D )

He seldom posts about boats and I haven't seen the "other" side for awhile.

Mrleft8
12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Donn's not rude. He's a Lawn guy lander. It's just a regional attitude thing. Rude would be him telling you he really thought you had some valid points, and good ideas. :D

TGP
12-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Peter Malcolm Jardine:
I like mine microwaved, but then the steel plate in my head makes me piss myself and forget who I am. :confused: ROTF!

Joe (SoCal)
12-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Donn:
I deleted the thread, you ignorant child. I didn't support Keric, and it wasn't a "RaRa thread." It was bait, Fish Boy, and you bit it.

How can you stand to be so naive? Do you honestly think that I care who is in charge of Homeland Security?Gaaaaaaaaaaasp :eek: :eek: Donn you actually post threads for the sole reason of baiting people. You have no interest in what you post um um um kinda like a TROLL ????? Its all just sport for you? For shame Donn, for shame ;)

Delete this ya Twit :D

Donn
12-13-2004, 09:24 PM
"..um um.."

I see you've been working on your vocabulary.

Joe (SoCal)
12-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Um thanks for the bump :D

sskkiipp
12-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ.
Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ.
Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ

Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ. Murph, the record is stuckŪ

Joe (SoCal)
12-13-2004, 10:35 PM
sskkiipp thanks for the bump :D