PDA

View Full Version : OK, they're still around and have found a leader!

Nightmoves
09-19-2004, 05:07 AM
http://communistsforkerry.com/

And I wondered why a Naval officer would attend Paris peace negotiations during the Vietnam War. I'd place a smilie but it's serious.

LeeG
09-19-2004, 05:18 AM
get a clue. Texas is not the middle east.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1305441,00.html

George.
09-19-2004, 05:30 AM
Did Omerta get Scotted too? I must have missed something.

LeeG
09-19-2004, 05:57 AM
freedom isn't just the choice of a V6 or V8. It's the choice to see reality as it is or uphold illusions. It's not easy.
http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=4525

huisjen
09-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Hi Stan.

Harry Miller
09-19-2004, 08:16 AM
The idea there are x number of insurgents, and that when they're all dead we can get out is wrong. Duh!!!

LeeG
09-19-2004, 08:34 AM
The shifting around of meaning for words is an indicator of hiding ignorance or an attempt to deceive.

The same tactic was used to engender fear with "WMD". Where the defenition of WMD got so tortured it could encompass scrap, empty artillery shells, traces of chemicals,aluminum tubes, blueprints,,but an actual nuke or system for disseminating a BC weapon never existed.

Here it's the shifting meaning of the enemy that started with mixing 9/11 with the invasion of Iraq. Al Qeda attacked us, Al Qeda are terrorists, there are people fighting in Iraq so they are terrorists, jihadists, Feyadeen,dead enders, former Baath officials, extremists, foreign instigators. But not once will it be acknowledged that they are Iraqis. To do so would threaten the paradigm of liberation.
Just as the administration taking responsibility for developing "bad intel" would threaten the existing paradigm that invasion of Iraq is a pre-emptive defense. "we're doing this because we have to,,the intel says they're a threat".

LeeG
09-19-2004, 09:07 AM
this is a prime example, it's not Iraqis or Aghanis we're fighting,,it's terrists. In one simple word GW can simplify the reasons for insurgency, incompetance in planning, etc. It's because they're the bad guys,,they're terrists. If you criticize such a simple perspective well by golly,,what side are you on? Certainly not the side supporting the resolute, clear minded view.:

"Terrorist enemies are trying to stop the progress of both those countries, and their violent and merciless attacks may increase as elections draw near," Bush told radio listeners.

JimD
09-19-2004, 11:23 AM
In this case the KIS rule isn't just so the masses will have something easy to understand, its also so the leaders will have something easy to understand.

Bruce G
09-19-2004, 11:35 AM
So let me get this right~ are you all not against the communists who support Kerry? It looks as if many of you would rather spin off to another subject than the one at hand. I, personally, would have to examine just why the communists would want to support Kerry over Bush.

Such blind, loyalist, goose-stepping actions will help the Democratic party implode at a much faster rate. Sad but true.

JimD
09-19-2004, 12:45 PM
I doubt very much if Kerry is all that thrilled to have Communists supporting him for obvious reasons

Meerkat
09-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Bruce G:
So let me get this right~ are you all not against the communists who support Kerry? It looks as if many of you would rather spin off to another subject than the one at hand. I, personally, would have to examine just why the communists would want to support Kerry over Bush.

Such blind, loyalist, goose-stepping actions will help the Democratic party implode at a much faster rate. Sad but true.If there's a sucker born every minute, are their kids suckers too? How many kids do you have Bruce? :D
S
A
T
I
R
E
That's a republican dirty tricks site dude. :D :D :D

Meerkat
09-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by LeeG:
get a clue. Texas is not the middle east.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1305441,00. html (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1305441,00.html)"Most senior US military officers now believe the war on Iraq has turned into a disaster on an unprecedented scale "

LeeG
09-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Bruce G:

Such blind, loyalist, goose-stepping actions will help the Democratic party implode at a much faster rate. Sad but true.a mind is a terrible thing.

Nightmoves
09-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Didn't I read that the Communist Party did in fact endorse Comrade Kerry? :eek:

Yes, Bruce G. Much to my dismay, I believe the Democrat Party has taken it in the shorts for Kerry.

Or, is it Kerry has taken it in the shorts for the Democrat Party? :D

LeeG
09-19-2004, 03:11 PM
or that Stan likes homoerotic adolescent humor.

Phillip Allen
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm beginning to think the Dems really don't want to win this time (or maybe they just couldn't find anyone to run. Kerry is such a colossal looser they can't really expect him to win. Both parties have their fools and I certainly know one or two who think Kerry is their Messiah. When he looses this fall, it will be time for Hilly to begin her move for 2008 (the particular golden fleece in this case). New York will support her of course (they obviously have a "thing" for carpetbaggers). I'm pretty sure if Kerry wins there will be a Repub back in office in 2008 and the Dems know it.

JimD
09-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Can anyone say Dukakis? :D

km gresham
09-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Phillip, I'd like to agree, but that was the thought process (among Republicans) when bill was elected the first time. I think Republican turnout was low and I remember some saying "well, maybe a democrat should win and we'll take it back next time". Pretty poor strategy that turned out to be! :rolleyes:

Phillip Allen
09-19-2004, 07:34 PM
You may be right but some sort of explaination seems called for. I was part of that generation, in Viet Nam (sailor actually), and at a couple of universitys and, though I don't know if I met THE Kerry...I certinly think I've met his ilk. He may have his folowers but they had better not turn their backs on him...