PDA

View Full Version : Hey Zimmer

Memphis Mike
12-04-2005, 10:59 AM
I just want to formally say I'm sorry for the way I've treated you lately. I've been very mean spirited. :( Please accept my heart felt apology. smile.gif

Katherine
12-04-2005, 11:01 AM
You're feeding the troll? :confused:

ssor
12-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Watch out for the hook! :D

uncas
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Is he or isn't mike playn' a game...? Is the hunter becoming the hunted...? :D
Those are the questions....
Tis it nobler to make ammends or lay a trap...?
Using well known bait...
Either way...an interesting post.

MMike...are your fingers crossed?????

[ 12-04-2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Zimmer
12-04-2005, 12:55 PM
From one former hill billy to another Mike apology accepted. smile.gif

We can all just get along. smile.gif

uncas
12-04-2005, 12:58 PM
The trap has sprung...or was there really some truth written here...Will the truce hold?
Will Sue forgive Mike for trying to be a hot dog...and will Zimmer's cat recover his voice?
Stay tuned...tomorrow...same time...same place...and the same actors.

[ 12-04-2005, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Tar Devil
12-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Be nice!

uncas
12-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Ah Phill...just yankin' some chains...All in fun... :D
I know MMike will at least take it in the manner it was written...He knows I think he's a good guy....
I actually hope that there was some truth here...

[ 12-04-2005, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Tar Devil
12-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I believe you're correct, Jamie!

Later,

Phil

uncas
12-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Hell...just look at all those pictures he posted for Uncas last summer...He did not have to do that..
Yup...he's a good guy....
And one of these days...I'll drag his sorry ass, with Sue of course in tow, to the Eastern Shore for a weekend around the barbeeque!

pss...one of these days...I ain't gonna accept any excuses.

[ 12-04-2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Tar Devil
12-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Hell, Jamie... I'm closer to the Eastern shore than that hillbilly!

Later,

Phil

uncas
12-04-2005, 01:38 PM
So...What's your EXCUSE!!!!!

Tar Devil
12-04-2005, 01:42 PM
No invite :D

Later,

Phil

uncas
12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
No bloody invite needed...
Just a phone call..."i'm...comin". :D

If I ain't sailin'''I'm here and I got room...Heck...I rarely use the spares...dust them periodically.

[ 12-04-2005, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Phil Heffernan
12-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I must admit I have been a bit mystified by all this 'Troll' & 'Dwarf' horse-puckey flying around on this forum, being a newby and all...

It all seems a bit...what's the word? Juvenile, maybe...

I couldn't quite figure out why we don't behave a bit more like most of us do in the REAL world: namely, when somebody is being obnoxious, you simply ignore him (her), and get on with the business at hand...

Maybe, as McCluhan said, The Medium is the Message...The email format encourages this sort of behavior, as well as lobbing grenades, being a wise a**, and otherwise acting like a yerk...

It also encourages a fun, free exchange of ideas, thoughts, problem solving, and new friendships that evolve over time.

I, for one, deem my time here well spent, when I encounter the latter...And let's give the former a rest, waddya say...It makes us all look bad...

Phil ;)

uncas
12-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Heck..Phil..there was an invite...Tried to set up some sort of event in the spring.HERE..for all formites in the midAtlantic region..perhaps to compete with the lawn tractor polo...lefty puts on.in CT...Posted it.......
Not even a nibble..
Now if that ain't an invite or damn'd close to one...well will have to send out invites by snail mail...

uncas
12-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Phil H...It's the bilge...it's where us old..over the hill folk can regain our youth..
The serious stuff is on the other sites..Hence the name of this site.
Yup...we act like kids...sometimes...well more often than not...but it is...for me...a release..
Is there juvenile behavior...yup...Stuff we do here...we could never do in public.

psss....and sometimes we too can be serious...
and as it is turning into the winter season...can't play on our boats...

[ 12-04-2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Phil Heffernan
12-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Uncas, the concept of 'over the hill' is a state of mind, one that most of us work on keeping at bay...As for 'regaining our youth' that's only really done in the real world...The rest is just talk...

Now I know from your adventures with JCSOH, that you walk the walk, and from the tales from the Newport cruise I got, it seems your 'youth' is in fine shape...

No harm in the friendly banter (eg, the 2 skillion posts on 'Sugarbreeches'), juvenile, maybe, fun, definitely...

I guess it's really a question of civility, respect, and tolerance, I suppose, in all areas of our endeavor...internet based or otherwise...

PS, I find many 'serious' posts here, they're just 'Non-Boat Related'...

Phil H

uncas
12-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Cheers Phil H...Too many Phils
:D
And as it should be...there are 10,000 formites...A lot of expereince...Above the boot line...ya can find an answer to anything you have though of or could have thought of...or should have thought of.
That's why...I joined...
A bit of everything...

On my travels though Southern NE..I found it amazing how many formites there actually were out there...Never met a bad apple in the bunch.

[ 12-04-2005, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Phil Heffernan
12-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Agreed and ditto, Jamie.

I think I'll start signing off as PHX, seeing as I'm the last Phil to sign on...It's the name of my design company, the PH is obvious, people always ask what the X stands for...I tell 'em, whatever you want...

;)

uncas
12-04-2005, 02:24 PM
PHX..let me be the first... :D
Ya...know what you mean...my middle initials are A. M....when people ask what they mean...I tell um I was born before noon...

ssor
12-04-2005, 02:36 PM
The story is told of a convention in New York City and a man in full native american dress entered the Plasa Hotel and registered for a room . When he signed the register it was XX. the clerk asked what the X was for and the reply was Sitting Bull Jr. Well what about the second X? Phd. was the reply

uncas
12-04-2005, 02:37 PM
How did he sign the credit card he was usin'...? :D

Tar Devil
12-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Philip
From the Greek name Φιλιππος (Philippos) which means "lover of horses", composed of the elements φιλος (philos) "lover" and ιππος (hippos) "horse".

That's why I just go by "Phil." :D

Later

Philos

[ 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Tar Devil ]

uncas
12-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Tar Devil...way too complicated...I barely learned english...

uncas
12-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey..PHX...have been thinkin' about your post regarding secret messages...Like to ask ya a question...
Firstly...it is long...over 570 postings...but...let me ask ya...How many posts on various threads...have not included politics, religion, trolls...more than only a little sex...more than only some flack...? My god...570 posts....This is amazing...In fact...it's practically unheard of in the bilge.
Civility is correct...we should be civil...
I cruised through some threads...over 100 posts on Roe vs. Wade..., Bushes speech.also over 100..hell just reading them took longer than the actual speech.
So...again...all in fun...Sometimes I get a wee tad tired of going around and around on the same topic...when there is no right answer...
So juvenile...yup...banter...yup....teasing...yup....

[ 12-04-2005, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: uncas ]