Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterSibley
    • Dec 2001

Another weather report

The heat has disappeared ,now a delightful 85....a little rain storm ovenight....2"in 30 minutes !!
    I do love the Wet [img]smile.gif[/img]
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead
  • rhtyler
    Defenestrator in Chief
    • Nov 2002

Bite me, Sibley (but I mean that in the politest possible way).

From KOMO-TV's Website:

The heaviest rain Friday morning will be from Seattle southward. In fact, the rain will gradually lighten up through the day. But we still expect showers for the afternoon and evening hours. Temperatures will be in the lower to middle 50s with the highs coming this morning.

If you are keeping track, we've now had measurable rain at Sea-Tac Airport for 19 days in a row. And that streak doesn't appear to be breaking anytime soon.

The weekend kicks off on a mostly cloudy note early Saturday. Rain will be increasing by afternoon. It will also be a few degrees cooler. Temperatures will be in the upper 40s.

Sunday also features more rain showers. It won't rain all day long, but go ahead and plan on wet conditions. Sunday's highs will stay in the upper 40s.

[ 01-06-2006, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Rick Tyler ]

Comment

• Tom Fetter
      Recalcitrant Heretic
      • Jun 2003

How's the ark coming, Rick?
      If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• uncas
        Ancient Mariner
        • Sep 2004

Heck...no snow...winter...what is winter?
        The Eastern Shore is blaaaaaa. gonna have to mow my lawn if this continues...

Comment

• Dan McCosh
          • Mar 2001

A strange, brightly-illuminated yellow globe appeared in the sky today. The natives are panicking, running up and down the street pointing and shouting. No one has seen such a thing for two months now.

Comment

• PeterSibley
            • Dec 2001

What does bite me mean Rick?..I don't speak American..

I take it 2" in 30 minutes isn't unusual for you guys ...for us its breaking a drought
            Grateful Dead

Comment

• rhtyler
              Defenestrator in Chief
              • Nov 2002

Originally posted by PeterSibley:
              What does bite me mean Rick?..I don't speak American..

I take it 2" in 30 minutes isn't unusual for you guys ...for us its breaking a drought
              Sorry for the Americanism, Peter. Seattle is famous for being dark and dreary in the winter. A few years ago we went 91 days out of 120 with full cloud cover and rain. It doesn't get that cold here (winter temps are usually 5-10C), and we don't get that much rain total (about the same as New York City), but it drizzles all winter long, and we go weeks without any sun.

I was doing a joke about you being happy at the heat wave breaking by referring to the fact that we haven't seen the sun in three weeks. I actually kind of skipped over the rainfall total.

"Bite me" is a little hard to explain. It's a lot like "F*** you" or "sod off," except that it is nearly always meant in a humorous way. It's like saying "F*** you" to a good friend -- they know you don't really mean it. I sure didn't mean it -- I was going for the humor of contrasts between your heatwave and our December/January gloomwave.

Have a good one! I have a stepbrother in OZ (he used to live outside of Sydney. Say Hi for me if you see him.

[ 01-06-2006, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Rick Tyler ]

Comment

• rhtyler
                Defenestrator in Chief
                • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Donn:
                "Bite me" is how they say "That's great!" in the Pacific Northwest.
                You mipselled "Pacific Northwet."

Comment

• PeterSibley
                  • Dec 2001

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Grateful Dead

Comment

• meerkat
                    Senior Member #4667
                    • Feb 2002

Hasn't rained a drop in Seattle today, so far. Almost balmy in comparison to the past week.
                    If you don't think for yourself, someone else will do it for you!

Comment

Working...