PDA

View Full Version : Free parking for hybrids

J. Dillon
06-12-2005, 09:56 AM
New Haven CT became the 4th US city to allow free metered parking to hybrid or alternate fuel vehicles ? :cool:

Would this influence your decision in getting a hybrid or alternate fuel vehicle if your community had a simular ordanace ?

JD

Meerkat
06-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes it would!

Katherine
06-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Apparently you've never seen the debacle that is Detroit's people mover. It was supposed to be the great savior of downtown Detroit, what a mess.

Gary E
06-12-2005, 03:06 PM
why can't one shoulder of a major highway be a monorail system and get people up in the air instead of widening highways projects that never get finished, or so it seems to transport the masses to the major cities?. Thats simple, the politicians get their major contributions from those who benifit most from the road building. And dont forgit kickbacks etc disguised as "consulting fees"

Katherine
06-12-2005, 03:28 PM
It'll depend on where the money is or what the government regulates.

Meerkat
06-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by MIke:
the real problem of high increases of sexual activity causing an increase of people. That's actually caused by anti-abortionist/anti-contraceptive people! Them folks who believe in racial suicide by reproduction! tongue.gif

Gary E
06-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by MIke:
or what is the alternativeAs long as we have the govmt that we have now there is no alternative, who is your lobyist promoting your ideas? Dont say your congressman cuz he wont answer your phone call unless you are one of his heavy $$$$$$ contributers to his reelection campain.

[ 06-12-2005, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Gary E ]

Meerkat
06-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Hmmm.... MY congressman, that nasty Dem McDermot, answers my phone calls - or at least, his office staff does. This is not something that can be said of either of my senators though. One gets an answering machine and no call backs! :mad: