PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jack, things are looking up! ;-)

Meerkat
02-23-2004, 02:22 PM
The Bottomless Cup and the Topless Waitress? (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20040223/od_nm/odd_coffeeshop_dc)

Facing stiff competition from nationwide coffee shop chains, one Maine businessman wants to offer more than just a regular cup of cappuccino to perk up his customers -- so he's hiring topless waitresses.

Normand St Michel submitted an application with the town of Madison, Maine, to open a topless coffee bar named the Heavenly Angels Coffee Shop.

"He has the go-ahead as far as the town is concerned," said Robert Dunphy, the town's code enforcement officer, adding that the project does not violate Madison's obscenity ordinance.

mmd
02-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Maybe Janet Jackson can do a celebrity appearance for the grand opening. ;)

NormMessinger
02-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Speaking of topless shoeshine places, do you old timers remember what L S M F T stood for?

Meerkat
02-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Less Smoke More Fine Tobacco

Jack Heinlen
02-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Cheap sex, you're telling me this is a way to make money fast? What a joke.

What's your point? That the world is full of depravity, it's the way of the world? I already know that, in case you hadn't caught on.

But really, why post this?

Meerkat
02-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, it started out as a post about someone doing something silly in your part of the world, but I guess it's going to end up underscoring humor impairment on your part. Sigh.

Jack Heinlen
02-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Well, it brought a chuckle.

Look around. I really can't believe that the Western World has come to this, our vaunted freedom, and this is what we do?

I'm starting, justa little, to agree with Osama. WE'RE WRONG. We're the Great Satan. It's not in the way the knee jerk Marxists preach. It's not in the way knee jerk of anyone talks, but we're on the wrong course.

We won't see it, I don't know, but I know it isn't right.

Amend.

Allen Foote
02-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Hmmm....makes me ask that age-old philisophical question...

"if those girls at StarBucks were topless, would the coffee taste any less bitter?"

It would give an all new meaning to the Washington Ave. one named "Perk up"

Lighten up Jack.

[ 02-23-2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Allen Foote ]

Jack Heinlen
02-23-2004, 09:36 PM
No, I'm very convinced the world is going to hell, you go lighten up Allen, you're in the minority.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
02-23-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm tellin ya, you guys just don't know what yer missin. I try to have boobs with my coffee, every day. Wakes ya right up! :D

Shang
02-23-2004, 10:26 PM
"...remember what L S M F T stood for?"

Well, when you were out on a high school date, it stood for:
"Let's Stop Makin' Funny Talk."

Jack..? Bin a long winter...? Goin' cabin-happy...?
We know that our grandparents were right, the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
But like Voltaire, we laugh to keep away the tears.

Dutch.Rub
02-23-2004, 10:35 PM
.....cold Joes gonna take a dim view of all this sexual chit chat......

mmd
02-23-2004, 10:55 PM
"Would you like two lumps with milk, sir?"

(I couldn't resist... :D )

Meerkat
02-24-2004, 03:23 AM
Hey, if they hired pregnent women, they could offer fresh cream. "One squirt or 2 sir?" ;)

Jack, consider the upside - back in Roman times, the waitresses could likely be nude - and one of the Medici Popes had a young naked boy painted gold to celebreate something or other and the kid later died from it.

Consider also if they hired grandmothers - "sorry for the boob in your coffee sir" ;)

Chris Coose
02-24-2004, 06:12 AM
Ever been to Madison?
Since the mill is shutting down the downtown has lots of commercial space avaliable and plenty of men with idle time. It makes excellent business sense.
What are reasonable options to replace the loss of more than 35% of manufacturing in Maine over the past 3.5 years? More liquor stores?

Willin'
02-24-2004, 06:58 AM
Darn it, Donn, ya beat me to it.

According to Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts it's...

"Loose straps mean flabby (thangs)!"

circa about 1966

And I shudder at the thought of being served up a cuppa hot java by a topless BMW... Big Maine Woman :eek:

Mrleft8
02-24-2004, 07:31 AM
L.S./M.F.T. Let's stop / My finger's tired. OR Lucky strike / Means fine tobacco.

Shang
02-24-2004, 04:31 PM
...And when I used to live near Memphis, NY, where traces of the old Erie Canal are still visible, the ol' timers told tales of Big-T Betty, who could serve four steins of beer with her hands behind her back...

(...Memphis,NY was also the site of the biggest fist-fight ever to happen among the bargemen...perhaps we were all born too late...)