PDA

View Full Version : FEAR FACTOR

Joe (SoCal)
11-12-2004, 10:18 AM
I just received a terrifying phone call from Tess' school. The first words out of the person on the other end of the phone was:

"The Blue Bus was was involved in an accident this morning"

My heart fell. I gasped and immediately thought of a tragic movie I once saw "The Sweet HereAfter". A movie about a devastating school bus accident and its effects on the parents.

I found myself acting like I was underwater and out of breath - SHEER PANIC. In what was probably a 1/10 of a second later the woman said it was a minor accident and no one was hurt. WHEW

She went on to say that all the kids were checked out by the nurse and their blood pressure was checked ( glad she didn't check mine :eek: )

Its hard on your heart being a parent.

[ 11-12-2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Gresham CA
11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
I've had those phone calls three times for driving sons. It stops your heart every time.

uncas
11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Joe!
Glad Tess and everyone else was OKAY!

km gresham
11-12-2004, 10:43 AM
That'll do it! :eek: When she starts driving you'll get a little bit of that feeling every time she pulls out of the driveway.

Glad she's ok. She'll have a story for you this afternoon! smile.gif

imported_Dutch
11-12-2004, 01:07 PM
are you going to eat the maggots or the eyeballs?

LeeG
11-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Dutch,,you're a sick puppy,,but funny.

Joe,,last year my daughter took our one car out,,four blocks away got t-boned after sunset by a fellow who didn't have his lights on and she did. No one was hurt,,20mph,no air bag deployment.
God doesn't give you anything you can't handle,,and if you can't there's always fainting.

brad9798
11-12-2004, 05:08 PM
My worst fear in the world is the loss of a(nother) child ... :( :mad: :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

I GLAD she is okay ... I feel your pain.

Brad

:cool:

bamamick
11-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Yep, I have had those calls several times myself (two totalled cars by the kids so far). Thank God that she's o.k.. Give her a really big hug tonight.

Mickey Lake

Scott Rosen
11-13-2004, 07:21 AM
My daughter, a high school senior, has gone to the funerals of three friends this year. One was killed in a car accident on the Mass Pike. Another was hit by a train. Another was killed in a head-on collision less than a mile from his home.

You can't be too careful when it comes to your kid's safety.

[ 11-13-2004, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Scott Rosen ]

imported_Dutch
11-13-2004, 08:21 AM
http://budmuhnquai.nickdafish.com/b3ta/MommasBoy.jpg