PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need a cat? (sort of a rant)

Shang
09-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Some neighbors* down the way are populating the world with an endless string of often-sick, always un-fixed, stray cats. Going out at night is like walking into a Steven King novel.
We've cat-napped three of them so far, had them medicated and...uhhh...adjusted, and found good homes for them.
The latest one is less than a year old, she's all black, has a sweet personality, is litter-trained, and is due home from her trip to the vet's tomorrow.

Say yes, and she's on the bus to YOU!

Mr. Know It All
09-03-2003, 04:42 PM
I love cats,they taste just like chicken. :D

Shang
09-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Or...a modest proposal,
butcher and eat the neighbor...!

Tar Devil
09-03-2003, 05:39 PM
So many cats... so few recipies.

Later,

Phil

thechemist
09-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Cat: The other white meat!

imported_Snatchblock
09-03-2003, 11:16 PM
You are doing a good thing Shang. Its folks like you who display the best side of human nature by helping the helpless and voiceless. I've already got my quota of mongrel felines or I might take you up on your offer.

Mrleft8
09-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Yanno.... There's another post up right now on "wiring" cats.... 5 cats by the looks of it. I haven't read it, but I bet there's some info on that thread... :D

Hughman
09-04-2003, 10:21 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pef508eaec9eeaccfdeaaad1caa146157/fb364d3d.jpg

I'll send you some of these!
:D

Shang
09-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Catsme'Potter-Pirbright is home now. Doing well, thank you.

(THU GODDAM' VET BILL WAS A HUNNERT 'N'SEVENTY-FO' DOLLARS...! [Hughman, send me that Fisher, I'm going to put it in the neighbor's mailbox!]).

Mrleft8
09-05-2003, 09:15 AM
If you can put a fisher cat in a mailbox, you're one hell of a tough guy! The mailbox wouldn't stand a chance! (Imagine trying to put a cat in a kitty carrier.... Now multiply by 1,000,000.)
My wife used to try to get me to help her "bathe" her cat (why she thought the cat needed a bath is beyond me). After the first attempt, I duct taped the cats paws up to her little kitty elbows. It worked beautifully! The FIRST time. The next time, I got the duct tape, the cat saw me with it, and literally was running up the walls, and bouncing off the ceiling to avoid me. Needless to say, I convinced my wife that cats really don't need baths. Thank god that was in her rental apt. in Albany, and the landlords were planning on renovating it anyway.....