PDA

View Full Version : Introducing "River"

Tar Devil
12-27-2005, 11:26 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/p613cd24c9c52909230b852fa36b382cc/f0e180a7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/pc7383352fa94180b43cc086d06b00dbd/f0e18239.jpg

As sweet as he is cute!

Later,

Phil

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
12-27-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm sure he'll be takin over in no time, if he hasn't already. :D
Congratulations Phil! smile.gif

bamamick
12-28-2005, 03:07 AM
What is that?

No, no, I'm just kidding. I have always been a 'big dog' guy myself. My two beasties are 115 and 80 pounds respectively. My eldest daughter recently moved back home while she finishes school and brought her little dog. It's one of those fancy breeds of lap dog. I can't spell it but it's pronouced Shi Tsu. Anyway, this little rascal has pretty much taken over the house. It is so funny to see him bouce around trying to get my two behemoths to play with him, swiping their food, getting in to everything. It's honestly like having a small child at the house again.

Enjoy your puppy, Phil.

Mickey Lake

Billy Bones
12-28-2005, 07:33 AM
HERE leeeeezard leeeeeezard leeeeeezard!

Congratulations!

Wild Dingo
12-28-2005, 07:38 AM
You got a rat Phil??? :eek: Why? I mean a dog would have been good but whatcha gonna do with a rat? :rolleyesL You call your rats names over there? Strewth we just call em roadkill tongue.gif

Congrats on the pet "rat" Phil :D

Its okay mate Im guessin its one of the chiwawas... chiwahwa... chiwhateverthefreekineck you call them tiny rat like mexican yappers!! :rolleyes:

Memphis Mike
12-28-2005, 08:20 AM
:D Congrats on the new dog, Phil!

ishmael
12-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Amazing, ain't it? River is every much a dog as the heroes in Jack London's novels. He looks spritely, if little. Gotta love a Chia's ears.

How did they come down to us from wolves? Good luck with the little booger, Phil. I could see having a small woofer. They don't eat much! smile.gif

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
12-28-2005, 08:45 AM
"tiny rat like mexican yappers"

LMAO. :D

Mean little critters they are Shane. ;)
My Grandma had one that wouldn't let you in the house. :eek:
Wicked little dogs they are I tell ya. :mad:
"Ankel Biters" we call em. tongue.gif

[ 12-28-2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Know It All ]

ishmael
12-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Hey, hey. Don't be makin' fun of River. He's a fellow, worthy of love or contempt, as he shows. Definately not worthy of our contempt, at this point.

I think he's sparkling. Just look at him! Many a Chi was of bigger, better measure than a shepard or retriever, all their praises sung.

The people who wig me out, perenially, are those who get big, aggressive dogs. Not because they need a big agressive dog, because they live out their aggression in a dog. The shelters 'round these parts are full of misunderstood pit bulls. Very sad.

I like River.

[ 12-28-2005, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

Mrleft8
12-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Drop the Chalupa..... :D

Hal Forsen
12-28-2005, 11:51 AM
What a cute pup!
A graceful, alert, swift-moving little dog with saucy expression. (From the Standard)
The Chihuahua is the only breed of dog truly indigenous to the Western Hemisphere. Legend and history are rich in tales of the ancestors of the present Chihuahua. The breed's name indicates the ancestors of the dog came from the state of Chihuahua in Mexico. However, the breed's origins more properly belong to the southern part of Mexico or to the whole of the country rather than to the specific state that bears its name.

It is thought that the Chihuahua is derived from an earlier breed known as the Techichi, which was popular during the Toltec period around the seventh century. This breed was well known among the Aztecs as well as the Toltecs.

Legend has it that the Chihuahua was also involved in the religious worship of the Aztecs. The dog was presumed to have the power of leading the dead through the fearful regions of the underworld. When a dog was sacrificed at the time of the death of a human, the sins of the human were supposed to be transferred to the animal that appeased the gods. The pyramids of Cholula, Mexico are of Toltec construction. One finds here some carvings of the early specimens of the breed.

Bueno suerte con uno perito guapo. ;)
HF

Don Olney
12-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Nice little dog, Phil. He looks pretty sturdy.
------------------------------------------------

Three handsome male dogs are walking down the street when they see a beautiful, enticing, female Poodle. The three male dogs fall all over themselves in an effort to be the one to reach her first, but end up arriving in front of her at the same time. The males are speechless before her beauty, slobbering on themselves and hoping for just a glance from her in return.

Aware of her charms and her obvious effect on the three suitors, she decides to be kind and tells them, “The first one who can use the words 'liver' and 'cheese' together in an imaginative, intelligent sentence can go out with me.”

The sturdy, muscular black Lab speaks up quickly and says “I love liver and cheese.”

“Oh, how childish,” said the Poodle. “That shows no imagination or intelligence whatsoever.”

She turned to the tall, shiny Golden Retriever and said “How well can you do?”

“Ummmm...I HATE liver and cheese,” blurts the Golden Retriever.

“My, my,” said the Poodle. “I guess it’s hopeless. That’s just as dumb as the Lab’s sentence.”

She then turns to the last of the three dogs and says, “How about you, little guy?”

The last of the three, tiny in stature but big in finesse, is a Chihuahua. He gives her a smile, a sly wink, turns to the Golden Retriever and the Lab and says...

“Liver alone. Cheese mine.”

Tar Devil
12-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Cute story, Don! smile.gif

Hal, that's interesting info about this breed.

Apparently this dog is mixed, and much of his personality comes from something other than Chihuahua. He's exceptionally outgoing and friendly, and I've only heard him bark once when we caged him in my MIL's house (new carpet, motion sensors, etc). He never makes a sound unless Sassy, the neighbor's dog, comes around and then he only whines quietly.

However, in typical Chihauhau fashion he shows a particular attachment to me and my son, though he still makes his rounds to everyone in the family for some attention.

I'm very fond of him.

Later,

Phil

Donn
12-28-2005, 12:41 PM
With those long-distance radar screen ears, he could be part Papillon.

ishmael
12-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Those are remarkable ears. I think they are Chi, not Papillon. But, you never know.

Keep being fond of him, Phil. I like him.

Tar Devil
12-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by ishmael:
Keep being fond of him, Phil. I like him.I will, Jack.

Shane, ever owned a "rat?" They're pretty personable, too! :D :D 'Course, I'm talking about American rats, not those big scaley things you're used to! smile.gif :D

Donn, educate me on the nature of Papillons..

Later,

Phil