PDA

View Full Version : Lessons for Dictators

PeterSibley
02-16-2004, 04:40 AM
I've been thinkng for a while about the lessons to be learned from the Iraq war, not just for us ,but for the rest of the world, particularly up and coming threats to Western interest !

It seems to me that the primary one is to get your WOMD early and keep them sharp.Seems that Korea has them ( or at least no one can be sure they don't)and Saddam didn't.Good lesson.The Koreans are being treated very very gentlely and Saddam is history.

This lesson in realpolitic should see a veritable stampede of applications to join the club........if you're going to be unloved by the West,particular the US,have nucs !! Without them you'll quite possibly join Saddam ....with them life goes on ! :cool:

Otter
02-16-2004, 04:59 AM
I suppose starving your populace and throwing the UN out at the earliest possible convenience helps.

On Vacation
02-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Modern history lessons has a way of proving who has giveth modern weapons to the Dictators of Korea. Modern history lesson has a way of proving who deals with minimizing the continuing effort for people without nations to obtain weapons, and destroy with any means possible, life as this world enjoys, all over the world. Take your pick.

LeeG
02-16-2004, 08:17 AM
From what I've read the "father of the Islamic bomb" has a status like Eistein.
Imagine if Teller was going to Columbia and Brazil helping to spread a South American atomic bomb.

On Vacation
02-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Expression of an opinion by a resident of another country worded differently, aimed at this country? Yes
Loaded with flaws? Yes

Matter if this spreads to another attack thread on the U.S.? No control, no participating, no interest.