X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cs
    Elite Invisible Member
    • Feb 2001

Back to the boats

After an extended abscenses it is now time to go back to working on my boats. We just had our final formation of the mobilization and will not have drill again until Aug 2. I'm not reporting back to work until the day after Memorial day, so I gots a little free time to work on the boats and go sailing. From time to time I will inject incidents and little stories from the period of activation.

Glad to be back and carry on I'll be in the area all day.

Chad
    There are three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and my way.

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion
  • gary porter
    • Jun 2001

Welcome back Chad,,,look forward to your stories and of some of your boats too.
    Gary

Comment

• Alan D. Hyde
      • Jul 2000

Welcome back, Chad.

Thanks again for your service, and please pass that on to your crew.

Guys like you help make and keep us great, and offer the surest guarantee of peace.

Alan

The cause of war is undefended wealth. General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• cs
        Elite Invisible Member
        • Feb 2001

I would like to thank my wife for all the hard work that she did while I was gone. She had to take over the yard work. In fact she even bought me a brand new lawn tractor to use while I was gone. One of the issues that popped us while she was doing prunning trees was that she couldn't get the circular saw to work!?!?

Chad

Three Little Birds
        Love is My Religion

Comment

• MR. KNOW IT ALL
          • Nov 2001

Welcome home Chad! Cuttin the grass and workin on woodenboat's. It just doesn't get any better than that. [img]smile.gif[/img] Unless it's baseball season.
          Peace----> Kevin in Ohio

Comment

• Concordia..41
            • Mar 2002

Good to see you back. (Tell her to try the sawzall on the tree branches )

- M
            - M<br /><a href=\"http://www.sailingwithsarah.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.sailingwithsarah.com</a>

Comment

• nedL
              Senior Member #1976
              • Jul 2000

Welcome home Chad!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Its good to have you back. I thank you & salute you!

Comment

• cs
                Elite Invisible Member
                • Feb 2001

Thanks guys. Margo you must've been reading my mind. When she told me she was prunning trees and couldn't get the circular saw to work the first thing I thought of was using the chain saw. And than I thought about her using the chain saw and thought that this wasn't a good idea either. Finally settled on the Sawzall, hell if she broke it she could always buy me a new one.

Looks like I missed all the excitment at home while I was gone. Seems they have had tornadoes, earthquakes and the dam was almost overflowing. SWMBO had went and looked at the dam above our house during the recent rains and it scared her. All the flood gates were open and the river side was white water downstream about 7 miles. The lake side was almost overflowing. Seems there was even some concern about the dam bursting. She said the some of the secondary spray from the waves was splashing as high as the bridge over the dam. Here is a photo.

Well gotta go.

Chad

Three Little Birds
                Love is My Religion

Comment

• oyster
                  • May 2002

Chad, check you regular e-mail. Great to see you back in the business of grass cutting, instead of sand bagging. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• huisjen
                    innocent widdle bunny
                    • Jun 2001

Welcome back Chad.
                    Master of The Ensign's Gig: a 7 1/2 foot flat bottom plywood skiff,
                    and Prudence: Lightning #7896.

Think Good Thoughts.
                    Thoughts become words.
                    Words become actions.
                    Actions become habits.
                    Habits become character.
                    Character becomes destiny.

Comment

• Phillip
                      Original Invisible Man
                      • Nov 2001

Hiya, Chad! Nice to have you back, and thanks for your service!!

Later,

Phil
                      Happiness is worth waiting for!

Comment

• SelfSinkingFlatiron
                        Nekulturny apparatchik
                        • Jun 2000

Welcome home, Chad. Great to hear from you. Thanks to you and your crew.
                        This was no ordinary chicken. This was evil manifest.

Comment

Working...