PDA

View Full Version : ATTN. LURKERS

jack grebe
09-04-2005, 08:03 PM
How are you able, with all the BS that goes on in this place,to just sit there and keep quiet?
come on now, answer, I know you out there

Paul Pless
09-04-2005, 08:09 PM
:D

Tim Mooney
09-04-2005, 08:45 PM

Steve McMahon
09-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I have nothing to say. tongue.gif

Steve McMahon
09-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Actually thats not quite true.

Either I don't have much to say that might be constructive, or I am so busy laughing my ass off over what some people do have to say. ;)

rdapron
09-04-2005, 09:09 PM
You answered your own question most of what takes place in the bilge is BS and thus needs not a response.

Steve McMahon
09-04-2005, 09:09 PM
That's all I have to say.

Paul Fitzgerald
09-04-2005, 09:24 PM
My mother always said that if you cant say something positive you dont say anything at all

Steve McMahon
09-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Paul Fitzgerald:
My mother always said that if you cant say something positive you dont say anything at allI think your mom must know my mom. :D

Lurch
09-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Some of us only have one pair of asbestos shorts, and they're still in the dryer.

JimD
09-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Them lurkers are all yella. I dare one to say something.

Memphis Mike
09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
:D

glenallen
09-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Since you asked, Jack! I lurked on the upper decks for a long time before I stumbled down into the bilge one night. After reading a couple of posts I quickly climbed back up, fearful that my brains would fall out or I'd catch a case of the impotence or some other ailment if I spent much time down here.

But eventually I did come back down. Hey, it's not all BS here, as you know. Besides, BS has taken on a negative connotation that it does not deserve. BS is actually the spice of life, or at least one of the spices in the soup. Nobody ever died from too much BS, but lots of folks have died from too much seriousness.

I'm afraid Jack/Ishmael would have been a victim of seriousness long ago if he could not come here and worry about Jesus and Tigers and Apes and a thousand other perplexities. As long as such hombres as he stumble into the bilge, so must I.

We really should tidy up the bilge so it's less hostile to newcomers. If I had a problem I could not deal with(I never have in 64 years) I'd come here and fully expect you gents to go to work on it for me. Thanks to all for the cheap entertainment. Best wishes.....Glen

pipefitter
09-04-2005, 10:53 PM
By the time I get online I am still trying to get over road rage.I would not be pleasant company here. smile.gif Actually,I dont even lurk here anymore.I did when I first logged in at this forum. The topic caught my eye (the good one) on my way in to building and repair.After awhile,current events,politics and opinions just become redundant.Kinda like the monkey that reaches into the hole in the log to grab the goodies and wont let go to get his hand unstuck even tho he is in danger of getting caught.

But hats off to jack grebe for roping in the curiosity of us all and getting us to post in here on this topic.

[ 09-05-2005, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: pipefitter ]

WX
09-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Hmmm...can I pretend I'm a lurker about to say something...if I could remember what the question was...hang on it's bit dark I'll just turn a light on. That's better I can see now...Oh, I'm in the bilge, I think I'm in the wrong room.
Sorry about that...sound of door opening and closing........silence.

skuthorp
09-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Pump! Pump!, Pump!
It's gettin deep down here
:cool: