PDA

View Full Version : Balancing responsibilities

cs
10-18-2004, 08:12 AM
We all have a responsibility to our families and our work and others have responsbilities their country and their state.

I fall into that category. Being in the Natinal Guard you have responsbilities above and beyond your civilian work and family, although family is the most important.

They have asked us memebers of the Guard for volunteers for "Task Force Charlie". This a rapid response force that would deal with matters of homeland security. This could be anything from Natural disaters to riots or airport security or anything in between.

You would have to be ready at 8 hours notice to respond and provide support wherever needed. Although seldom used, this is a great responsbilty and along with great responsbility comes great burdens. Family and work have to be considered in decissions like this. If ever called to respond, it would require leaving family and work for a period of undetermined time and could possibly put a strain on the civilian portions of ones life.

But the responsbilities to the guard the state and the country are great and if I don't do it who will? I'm in the position to start paying my country back for what it has given me and I feel that this is important.

Chad

Mrleft8
10-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Responsibility starts at home. Where it takes you from there is a matter of personal honor.

km gresham
10-18-2004, 08:30 AM
There isn't a wrong choice here. It's difficult either way, but either choice is honorable. smile.gif

cs
10-19-2004, 03:51 PM
I made the choice and put my name on the list.

Chad