PDA

View Full Version : Toys For Tots & Santa

htom
12-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Christmas is fast upon us, and Toys For Tots (www.toysfortots.org) and the other Christmas time charities need your donations.

If you can help, please do so, and if you need help, please ask, whether it's you local TFT or Santa Anon or Kris Kringle or Christmas Cheer or whichever name is used.

Thank you.

J. Dillon
12-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Time to bring this one up.

Our local USMCR in New Haven CT accepts donations. What about your area ?

JD

ken mcclure
12-19-2002, 03:44 PM
Yup. We do the toy thing every year. To one group, we donate a brand new toy. To another, we choose a name from a tree and select from his (or usally her) wish list.

But thanks for the reminder. smile.gif

John Bell
12-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Our church takes on about 20 needy families every year. We find out what the kids want and need and we get it for them. The delivery to the families is this Saturday. My dad, who is not a member of our congregation, but who is fat with a white beard, and pretty jolly dons a Santa suit and is the *real* Santa Claus for these kids. Traveling around with him and watching as we make these deliveries is both heart warming and heart wrenching. Being Santa is tough on the old man, especially emotionally. He's not in the greatest of health this year but would hear nothing of it when asked if maybe he wanted to take the year off. Even though he's usually in tears when we're done, he insists it's the highlight of his Christmas season.

I'm very grateful for all the people who contribute to our effort and efforts like ours. I join with those in this thread who encourage everyone try to find a way to help someone, and not just in this season. It will reward you in immeasurable ways.