PDA

View Full Version : "Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Cuyahoga Chuck
11-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Stole some votes and away he run."
"Seems that Tom, the biggest of the big Republican money men in the US Senate is libel to be indicted for shadey political practices in his home state. Tom is also the state's great gerimanderer having eucered about 5 Dems out of there seats.
But Tom has no fear. His buddies in the Senate have covered his bippy for the time being by recinding the Senate rule that would have forced him to lose his Senate leadership post until his legal troubles were taken care of.
Could it be that the Republican controlled US Senate has become the House of Immoral Values?
Better call Jerry to do an exorcism!
Charlie

"Does Texas have an extradition treaty with D.C.?"

Alan D. Hyde
11-19-2004, 11:06 AM
The prosecutor who MAY indict him is a highly partisan Democrat, whose political ambitions have long run WAY ahead of his integrity.

Alan

uncas
11-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Heck Chuck, any response from the congress will be delayed :D indefinitely

Keith Wilson
11-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Alan, best look at the prosecutor's record. When the Democrats were in power in Texas, he went after them with just as much enthusiasm, maybe even more. He may be ambitious, but he doesn’t pick his investigations for partisan reasons. I heard a Texan on the radio yesterday saying that are a lot of Texas Democrats who "wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire" for just that reason. This is not a partisan case. Tom DeLay is no credit to the Republican Party, for all his effectiveness. "The means are the ends in the making", as you are so fond of quoting.

[ 11-19-2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Keith Wilson ]

Meerkat
11-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Oh well, it's just Alan - you know, the "gentleman" who thinks that flatulance has something to do with manifest destiny! :D

Cuyahoga Chuck
11-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Partisan, schmartisan! Delay's success shows he knows how the game is played. He's used the political club on his opponents and now it's his turn to receive some swats.
If the county sherif's motives are impure then both sides of this tug-of-war will be equally damned.
I warn you. If you hug Tom Delay to your breast not evern a cleansing from The Almighty will ever get the stain out.
Charlie

"He may be an SOB but he's our SOB."

Alan D. Hyde
11-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Meerkat, whatever your problems now may be, they're rightly your own personal business.

Nevertheless, I wish you every success in surmounting them.

It has been my experience that one does oneself, and the world, more good by helping others as best one can, than by attacking their integrity or intelligence. There's no future in trying to build yourself up by tearing others down. (And, BTW, it's "flatulence." :D )

Alan

Victor
11-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I think we'll see a lot more of these moral values, esp. since Republican partisans are so eager to come up with excuses such as the man who may prosecute DeLay is a Democrat.