View Full Version : Is It So Hard???

Leon m
03-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Is it so hard to be nice?
Is it so hard to be kind?
Why do we make life so much harder than it has to
Be?Im not just talking about the war or the terrible things that terrorist do,but people in
general these days.
I find life is much easier when your kind,
so why do so many people these days choose to
be unkind?People don't smile and wave the way they used to,We are all in such a hurry that
we don't take time to care anymore.whats the
"big Picture"anymore?Does life realy have to
be this hard?

OH how I yern for a simpler time.

Rex Fearnehough
03-25-2003, 02:15 AM
Leon, it's much easier to be nice if you are confident in your views.
Most of the posturing is just that.
The noisiest and most beligerent of us are usually acting out a ritual.
We threaten, push out our chests, stand as large as possible and bellow.
This can be for two main reasons;
1. To avoid injury. (To frighten the other animal away, bloodlessly).
2. To warn the rest of the pack and gain their support. (A cry for help!)
A true lone predator, cats for example, are quiet and patient, confident in their skills and just get on with the job or decide that the opposition is too big and silently back away.
Why am I talking about animals?
Oh, yes I forgot, we're talking about us with the higher intelligence. Animals all.
We can be nice to each other but only if we make the effort and use our higher intelligence.
This is a pussy!

Rex Fearnehough
03-25-2003, 02:34 AM
Sorry Leon I went into one.
I think that the reason that people don't smile or wave, is just a general pervading mistrust.
Why is he/she looking at me?
What are they after?
Will I have to give them something?
Here in our neighbourhood it swings the other way.
On sunny days it has been known and documented for me to take 1 1/2 hours to get to the shed a distance of 75 metres.
When on a walk I end up with a sore arm from putting it up and down to folks passing in cars etc.
It's a country thing.

03-25-2003, 02:51 AM
Waving is still very much done here, until you hit the sealed road. Then its only done by motorcycles and heavy trucks, deep calling unto deep.

03-25-2003, 04:18 AM
The other day my young German Shorthaired Pointer found a way to wriggle out from under the garden fence. Since all she knows how to do is run and sniff stuff I figured she was long gone. Some time into my search I saw a distant brown streak and a woman in hot pursuit. We shouted about the situation and I went after some barking but my dog was not there. About 15 minutes later I saw the winded woman hauling my dog toward our house. I thanked her effusively. She just smiled and said that she had two dogs. This type of behavior seems to be the norm around here but it is so much easier to focus on the harsh stuff.

What really pisses me off is that event obligates me to be nice.

As for waving hereabouts we just lift our index finger of the steering wheel.

[ 03-25-2003, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: LaMess ]

Leon m
03-25-2003, 07:36 AM
Howdy neighbor!

Leon m
03-25-2003, 07:38 AM

03-25-2003, 10:10 AM

Actually, its not that hard and it gets easier with practise.

I practise a lot outside of the home. Now I just need to be nicer to and not take the people in my family so much for granted.

Bruce Taylor
03-25-2003, 10:25 AM
As for waving hereabouts we just lift our index finger of the steering wheel.ROFL

That's the "Wakefield wave," alright. But when the weather warms up you have to stop, sometimes, and roll down the window and complain about the anarcho-communist who lives just up the road and can't seem to control his damn dog.