PDA

View Full Version : Tax cuts for the rich

Del Lansing
08-29-2003, 09:06 AM
Three guys usually go to lunch together and always go to Subway and buy the same items. One gets a double meat and pays $5, the second gets a chicken and pays $4, the other is cheap and only pays $3 for whatever is on special. Now Subway is running a special and they can get a fourth sandwich for free, equal to the least expensive item purchased. So today they take along the poor fella from shipping department to take advantage of the deal. They get the bill for the 4 sandwiches and need to decide how to divide the tab. The Comptroller figures it is only fair to do it on a pro-rata system, everyone pays what portion of the total tab that his sandwich would normally cost. With a little work on his calculator he figures; normally this would cost $15, so the first guy that would normally pay $5 would pay $4 of the $12 tab, saving $1. The next pays $3.20 saving $.80, the other two guys pay $2.40 each saving $.60. This seems equitable till the shipper jumps up and says, "Wait a minute! my sandwich is supposed to be free!."

Mrleft8
08-29-2003, 09:09 AM
No such thing as a free lunch. If it had been breakfast, that would be a different story....

imported_Snatchblock
08-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Damn- I'm hungry but since I don't have any kids I didn't get a tax rebate and I can't afford to feed myself treats like Subway subs. :(

Mrleft8
08-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Don't feel bad snatch... Subway sammiches are pretty gross anyway. I'd skip lunch altogether before I ate one of those things. And for those of you about to jump all over me with info on how nutritious subway sammiches are... I'm good friends with their head nutritionist. All that spin about how good they are for you is just that....Spin. Now compared to Mickey D's, and Burgerkling, sure they're better...But they're still mostly starch, sugar, and processed meat food....

Del Lansing
08-29-2003, 09:56 AM
No such thing as a free lunch. I suppose that needs to be understood by more people :D
Subway sammiches are pretty gross anyway. I always wondered how they manager to entice you with the smell of fresh baked bread, but when you taste them it is just more Wonderbread. :mad:

brad9798
08-29-2003, 11:44 AM
That's allright Snatch- I've officially dedicated $800 dollars (or 38%) of my new big screen in your honor.

Brad tongue.gif