PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays

cs
12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
First I would like to say thanks to all those that sent cards to the Smith Family this year. I'm sorry but we weren't able to get cards out this year.

Let me ask how is everyone's holiday break? I'm still right in the middle of mine, well kinda of. Haven't been to the office since the Friday before Christmas, but I still have been spending a couple of hours a day at the job site and plenty of time on the phone. I will go by the office for a little while today or tommorow. Have to run a punch list tommorrow and will report back to work full time Tuesday I think. I can never keep these holdiday breaks straight.

So what about these Christmas presents? Who made out like a bandit?

I got me a new dart board, thanks to my sister. The wife will not let me put it in the house, so it is out in the shop. All the more reasons to stay in the shop. ;) And now when my brother-in-law comes to visit I will finally have a game I can beat him at. He is always beating up on me in video games, but when it comes to Cricket he probably has meet his match in me. :D

I also got me the Hitachi planer I've been wanting and some new strings for the guitar. BTW I'm not sure I like the light gauge strings. They have a more crisp and clear sound and not that soft and mellow sound I like, but give me a little longer and we will see.

The kid loves her Cello. We broke the A string on Christmas day trying to tune it, so she had to wait a couple of days till we got a new A string and had it set up by someone who knows what they are doing.

We also gave her her violin for her birthday. She still has to get used to the 4/4 violin and she says the bridge is a little flatter than what she is used to and thus she accidently plays two strings when only needing one.

We also gave her some music for the violin and the cello. She has the Phantom of the Opera music for both the cello and the violin. In less than a day she has memorized a violin piece from Phantom and is playing it.

Other stuff I have done is started getting my linux box ready. I've found it a home in the house and I've added a network card to my XP machine and set it up on ethernet instead of USB. Next time I'm at work I will pick up one of our old hubs and wire the house so I have an internet connection at the linux box.

Chad

Katherine
12-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you made out pretty well there Chad. Me, I got mostly clothes and a Barbie doll. tongue.gif

Tar Devil
12-29-2005, 12:59 PM
The ghost of Christmas, haunting late,
Speaks of memories it will not cede.
Sadly cannot cross boundaries of fate,
Alone, in between, a tear doth bleed.

A voice muted by time held still,
Hands reaching to all that flee,
Footprints softened by conflicted will,
Eyes that gaze but cannot see.

Invisible again, it thinks in fear,
The cursed spell again doth cast.
Yearning only that which is near,
Lofted by time that hath no past.

I am what I am, and will always be,
Once proud, fearless, full of might,
With resignation of certainty
The essence fades to shade of night.

[ 12-30-2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Tar Devil ]

Tar Devil
12-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Katherine:
I got mostly clothes and a Barbie doll. tongue.gif No shoes??

Katherine
12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm assuming she has shoes.

Donn
12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I got a cold, and a case of plant bands.

Tar Devil
12-29-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm assuming she has shoes.I knew an engineer once. He never assumed.

Later,

Phil

Katherine
12-29-2005, 01:14 PM
:rolleyes: Since Barbie will never leave her box, whether or not she has shoes matters very little.

Joe (SoCal)
12-29-2005, 01:20 PM
:rolleyes: Since Barbie will never leave her box, whether or not she has shoes matters very little.Gave up trying to free the doll from the ballistic plastic didn't ya ;) :D

Katherine
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Katherine:
:rolleyes: Since Barbie will never leave her box, whether or not she has shoes matters very little.Gave up trying to free the doll from the ballistic plastic didn't ya ;) :D </font>[/QUOTE]:D Nope, MIB (Mint In Box) is way more valuable then an open one.

My father used to continuely curse the packaging our toys came in too. What he hated more, though was stepping on the Barbie doll shoes in his bare feet. He really hated the year my sister got the Barbie doll shoe shop for a present. tongue.gif

Joe (SoCal)
12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Ahhhhh Katherine you're a collector ;)

When Tess was little she liked those beanie babies. So every now and then we would buy a few for her. Once in a while there would be a rabid collector talking about there vast beanie baby collection, and about how in a few years they could retire in the Bahamas with the money they would be making from the pristine beanie baby inventory :rolleyes: ;) I took great pleasure while listening to them taking my newly purchased beanie baby out of the box and snapping the all too valuable TY tag off and handing the stuffed toy to my drooling two year old daughter :D The collector's face would drop in awe :D

[ 12-29-2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Tar Devil
12-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Lauren has a holiday Barbie in the top of our closet... still in the package.

"Worth something some day," they say.

Later,

Phil

Katherine
12-29-2005, 01:53 PM
I get one of the Holiday Barbie's every year. I have the past 13 years of them. Some are worth more then others, but I don't really plan on selling them. I may pass them down to daughters or neices someday. I also collect the Christmas Snowflake teddies. I have about the past 16 years of them.

emichaels
12-29-2005, 01:56 PM
I get one of the Holiday Barbie's every year. I have the past 13 years of them. Some are worth more then others, but I don't really plan on selling them. I may pass them down to daughters or neices someday. I also collect the Christmas Snowflake teddies. I have about the past 16 years of them.teddies???....from Fredericks ? Opps sorry this is a family thread ! :D

[ 12-29-2005, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: emichaels ]

Katherine
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Walmart. :D

Tar Devil
12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
I also collect the Christmas Snowflake teddies.Pictures?? :D

Later,

Phil

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
12-29-2005, 02:01 PM