PDA

View Full Version : That's what I've been saying!

stan v
02-20-2003, 06:50 AM
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/051/oped/A_boost_for_Saddam+.shtml

Gresham CA
02-20-2003, 07:41 AM
I know that is what you have been saying and I believe there are many good folks here that agree with you. You just come across as too preachy. :cool:

editted to fix my spelling before Stan gets on my back about it. ;)

[ 02-20-2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Gresham CA ]

LeeG
02-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Stan, you and I give a flying f--k about he Iraqi people. The reasons for protesting the war have as little to do with "the oppressed iraqis" as removing Saddam has to do does with getting WOMD. The argument is cute but an exercise in arguing.

stan v
02-20-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by LeeG:
Stan, you and I give a flying f--k about he Iraqi people. The reasons for protesting the war have as little to do with "the oppressed iraqis" as removing Saddam has to do does with getting WOMD. The argument is cute but an exercise in arguing.LeeG(reenwood, not), that's a negative, sir. I do care about the Iraq's. The only way we'll have a truce is with the support of the people, not the current leadership. What I don't give a flying F--k about is someone thinking I'm to preachy. ;)

Scott Rosen
02-20-2003, 09:30 AM
Oh c'mon, Stan. Don't you know that Jeff JACOBY is just a clever Zionist agent working to maniupulate the US into defeating Sadam for the benefit of Israel, so that Israel can kill all the Palestinians, take over Egypt, Syria and Jordan and get control of the world's oil reserves?

Greg H and Pat Cox, among others, could've told you that. ;)

Gresham CA
02-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Stan,

That's t o o preachy. :D

swamp_yankee
02-20-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Donn:
I can just hear the "Aunties" rummaging through the internet, scrambling to find statistics to refute the story.Here you go: http://www.bettybowers.com/protests.html

stan v
02-20-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Gresham CA:
I know that is what you have been saying and I believe there are many good folks here that agree with you. You just come across as too preachy. :cool:

editted to fix my spelling before Stan gets on my back about it. ;) Brother Gresham CA, you're OK in my book. ;)

Scott :D

[ 02-20-2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: stan v ]

LeeG
02-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Stan, I do not think you are too preachy.

Gresham CA
02-20-2003, 10:25 AM
I think I'm gonna be sick.

Stan, do you know the difference between a brown noser and a s@#t head?

Gresham CA
02-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Donn, that doesn't fit with the punchline.

Joe (SoCal)
02-20-2003, 11:13 AM
I Love this :D
http://www.bettybowers.com/graphics/popularity.gif
http://www.bettybowers.com/graphics/repent.gif

swamp_yankee
02-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
I Love this :D
Check out these, ya granola eating appeaser! ;)

http://www.whitehouse.org/initiatives/posters/index.asp

[ 02-20-2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: swamp_yankee ]

Joe (SoCal)
02-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Check out these, ya granola eating appeaser! ;) Hey how did you know I was eating granola ;) What am I being monitored, what's the frequency :eek: :D :eek: :D

Meerkat
02-20-2003, 04:20 PM
WARNING! stan(R) Troll-O-Gram(tm)!

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-20-2003, 04:31 PM
I don't find the right in the USA to be too preachy, just not terribly well informed or tolerant. :(

stan v
02-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Poor Peter Piper (PPP), who's uninformed? Tell me more about Churchill, auntie. I like that Donn. :D You're correct about the intolerance of murder, mayhem, terrorism and in my particular case, liberalism. tongue.gif

Meerkat
02-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Peter; that's what he's been saying all along - time for us all to stop listening. He's just trolling for flames anyway.

stan v
02-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Hehe. Who's being the troll?

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Yep... Good Old Churchill :D Don't ever think that he would ally himself with you Stan :eek: :D :D

Guns and tanks is the flavor of the day for you and Dubya... you can see he's really gaining popularity at home and abroad :rolleyes:

stan v
02-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Oh, Aunt Peter, Churchill detested appeasers. Churchill and W! Now what a team that would make!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

PatCox
02-21-2003, 10:25 AM
stan, you poor thing, you will lay down in a second for any conservative columnist with a clever turn of phrase.

I am dizzy with all the changing justifications for this war, first its because Saddam is actually Bin Laden in disguise and he's gonna nuke New York tomorrow.

Now all of a sudden its a humanitarian project, we just want to help the Iraqi people.

Well, stan, the reason you beleive that crap is because you are a sterling example of that form of american known as the truculent ignoramus.

stan, do you know what a sunni is? Do you know what a shiite is? Do you know which of these two groups the "bad guys" in Iran are? Do you know which of these two groups the Saudis and Kuwaitis most emphatically do not want in power in Iraq? Do you know which of these groups makes up the majority in Iraq? Do you know which of these two groups are the oppressed, and which is the ruling group, in Iraq?

stan, do you know the history of the kurds? Are you aware of the kurdish genocide in the 1920s, when the Turks gassed the Kurds? Do you know that we have promised to allow the turks to occupy the kurdish regions of Iraq? (in addition to the $26 billion in bribe money we are offering to get them to go along?)

Did you know that we have no plans to instate a democratic form of government in Iraq? That the US has announced that we have no such plans? That we had to announce that we have no such plans, because the neighboring arab nations absolutley do not want to see a Shiite controlled democracy oinn Iraq. They fear that.

Do you understand anything at all about the causes of Iraq's "persecution" of some of its citizens, and how we plan allow that persecution to continue, because in the end, even though we hate Saddam hussein, we are in favor of Sunni rule in Iraq, and for Sunni rule to continue Shiite persecution must continue?

The idea that concern for the "Iraqi people" plays any role whateover in this is absurd. The idea that the majority of the Iraqi people will be better off after our conquest is absurd, its as absurd as the insane belief that the american people are better off under Bush.

Ignorance is indeed bliss, Voltaire was right. Don't trouble your little head knowing anything stan, its so much more comfortable to post a link and say "yeah, what he said."

PatCox
02-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Hey Donn, thats a good one, you know, you've changed my mind, nothing beats a crappy one liner as cause for going to war.

stan v
02-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Therefore, to disagree with the rants of a "fraidy cat" and one who is PC, is ignorant? Relax PC, I don't pay attention to anyone on the left, it's not just you. ;)

Donn :D

[ 02-21-2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: stan v ]

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Oh now Pat, Stan isn't a new phenomenon. I've met lots like him. Yippy yap yap... and thats about all there is... and don't confuse the man with facts, history, or philosophy. It's irrelevant to him.

[ 02-21-2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Peter Malcolm Jardine ]