PDA

View Full Version : Web site review

cs
12-12-2002, 09:49 AM
If you got the time take a glance at the company's web site and let me know whatcha think. We are in the process of updating it and it hasn't been moved to our site yet, but you can view it here:

Construction Consultants (http://64.227.236.193/const/index.html)

Thanks

Chad

NormMessinger
12-12-2002, 10:06 AM
I can usually nit pic most anything but it looks good to me. I used Opera to view it so maybe I missed something. ;) But, I didn't see you name in "who we are."

--Norm

cs
12-12-2002, 10:09 AM
Norm I'm the third one down on the list of "professional" staff.

Chad

ps. Good to know that it works good in other browsers.

brad9798
12-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Site works fine and it pleasant on the eyes ... BUT, scrolling on a page sucks. See if you can fit the information on each in ONE screen ... without have to scroll down to read the last few sentences.

As a company that does web-design, this is one of my pet peeves.

Take care,

Brad

Bruce Taylor
12-12-2002, 01:32 PM
Nice...clean, stylish layout. No glitches.

Brad's got a point about the scrolling.

Meerkat
12-12-2002, 05:01 PM
I would suggest putting a "home" anchor under the logo at the top (so that clicking on the logo takes you back to the home page). I did not otherwise see any way to return to the home page from other pages except by clicking on the browser's back button.

While the projects on the home page are nice, I don't see any sort of mission statement, products and services blurb, or general information about what sorts of projects most interest your company etc. The client list strongly implies you mostly do banks. What about other commerical construction or residential? The site seems long on facts and figures and short on promoting your product.

The first paragraph is in a different font that, IMO, doesn't quite fit the rest of the page and it's in a smaller font so it's more difficult to read.

The site otherwise seems well laid out and presented.

Viewed with IE 6 @ 1280x1024, 24 bit color.

HTH

[ 12-12-2002, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Meerkat ]

Jim H
12-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Looks good Chad, nice job.

Jim

cs
12-13-2002, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the input. I wish I could take credit for the web page, but alas we have to pay someone else to do it.

I took your ideas and sent them off to the designer for him to incoparte them into the page. I'll post an updated link when available.

Chad

Wild Dingo
12-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Chad I found it was smooth easy on the eye and well laid out...

One thing the link back to the home page I agree mate it needs it

Take it easy
Shane

cs
12-13-2002, 01:07 PM
Yes you are right the link to the home page is needed. It is there it is just hard to see. It is the button that says "Design and Build". Easy to overlook. I asked the page designer to change that.

Chad

htom
12-13-2002, 03:15 PM
The page titles looked to me like they should be links (especially the page titled "HOME"); perhaps this would be less so if the titles were centered, rather than left or right justified.

Perhaps put "Home" as the first item in the list of links, in addition to the "Design and Build" link.

Much better than most such sites, you're doing good. Very nice address/staff page, btw.