PDA

View Full Version : ...Banishment.......

paladin
11-28-2002, 09:59 AM
Well heck...thought I would post this since I have been banished from the kitchen where sweet thing is teaching my sister and sister in law to cook Ukraine dishes......

An Afghanistan diplomat visiting the US for the first time was being wined and dined by the State Department. The diplomat was not used to the salt in American foods (French fries, cheeses, salami, anchovies, etc.) and was constantly sending his manservant Abdul to fetch him a glass of water.

>
>
Time and again, Abdul would scamper off and return with a glass of water, but then came the time when he returned empty handed. "Abdul, you son of an ugly camel, where is my water?" demanded the diplomat.

>
> "A thousand pardons, O Illustrious One," stammered the wretched Abdul,
>
>
> "A man is sitting on the well!"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ishmael
11-28-2002, 10:01 AM
:D

Gary Bergman
11-28-2002, 10:03 AM
:D :D :D

G. Schollmeier
11-28-2002, 01:39 PM
:D :D :D
I just put the bird in the oven. Sat down to read this with my mouth full and no splatter screen. What a mess. LOL!!!!
Gary :D

[ 11-28-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: G. Schollmeier ]

Roger Stouff
11-28-2002, 05:08 PM
:D

Paladin, is your wife Ukrainian?

paladin
11-28-2002, 05:28 PM
Hello Roger.....Yes, From Odessa....

Roger Stouff
11-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Cool. I knew a girl from Lviv once. Wonderful people.

skuthorp
11-28-2002, 08:33 PM
Horrible old joke. When I heard it first in the late 50's it involved a Native American - apologies to Roger and all others. As different national groups migrated here the same jokes just changed nationality. Th ultimate irony came to me one night in a with a heavily accented Aussie of Greek origins hanging out the window of his taxi and yelling at a 4th generation Aussie-chinese mate of mine to "Get back where you came from you **^*!!@!!".

Gary Bergman
11-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Ah, bigotry again! When I first was hanging iron in Alaka with a connecting partner who wa a Tanana Native from outside Fairbanks, our job ended and we went back to the hiring hall for another one. From politics and such, the ruling majority in the area were transplants, mostly from Dallas, during the pipeline boom. When we told them we needed another connecting job(the guys who climb the iron and first assemble a building), they looked at my partner, didn't recognise him as a fellow Texan, and said, "we are getting slow and only have work for local men", knowing it was 4,000 miles to the next hall. My friend looked him coldly in the eye and said,"I am a Tanana Indian.In the winter when I was born, my mother dipped me in the Yukon River by the heels and laid me on a rock to dry,hopefully to live, and you tell me you are a local man."

[ 11-28-2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Gary Bergman ]

Meerkat
06-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Did either of you fine gentlemen consider that old stories about his passed wife might be painful for Paladin? :mad: