PDA

View Full Version : Holey Moley Diesel $3.15 A Gallon

Dave Fleming
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Thank Goodness, I sold the Dodge/Cummins 3500 a couple of weeks ago!

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Everything will go up in price, that's transported by truck.
That's just about everything. :rolleyes:
Except my paycheck. :(

John of Phoenix
08-10-2005, 04:58 PM
T. Boone Pickens says you'll see $75/bbl in the next 12 months.

High C
08-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Diesel is running about the same as regular around here, $2.35 at the moment.

I heard there was a refinery accident or something that happened on the left coast to account for the spike you're seeing there?

gary porter
08-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Dave Fleming:
Thank Goodness, I sold the Dodge/Cummins 3500 a couple of weeks ago!

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: Cappuccinos....about $40 to $45 gal.
Don't see any lack of folks waiting in line to get them.
Gary
:D

Katherine
08-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Dad's really feeling the pinch. :(

Bob Adams
08-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Put 150 gallons in the boat last Saturday @ $2.04.

Nelson
08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Dad's really feeling the pinch. Then why does he keep buying the bikini briefs? ;)

Dave Fleming
08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't get it.

It is my understanding that Diesel needs less refining than gasolines.

Seems like it should be cheaper.

AND, on the continent, Diesel vehicles are preferred over gasoline powered ones.

Strange Very Strange. :confused:

Del Lansing
08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Not really, takes about the same. Add to that the new low-sulfur specifications that require additional processing, plus you only get 7 gallons of diesel per barrel along with 23 gallons of petrol. Supply/demand.

sbsbw
08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
it isn't neccacarily more expense to produce. its just that the taxes are much higher on diesel.

and by the way. any diesel engine can be modified to run on vegitble oil. lots of restuants give it away free.
FYI the dodge cummins is the truck of choice for doing this.

if anybody wants to do it (convert to run on veg) on thier boat i'd be glad to help.

SBSBW

Con LanAdo
08-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Dave i'm ashamed with your cut & run attitude & sb i want to think about converting the 98 GMC 2500 Suburban & you sound like ya know the ins & outs of the process, how far up in Vt are ya - sounds like it could be a good rd trip

Dave Fleming
08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Dave i'm ashamed with your cut & run attitude Nah, that was the straw that broke this camels back.

Only drove it 3900 miles last year, annual registration fee $300 this year down from $800 when new in 1995. Insurance, maintance, yadda yadda. Just didn't seem reasonable to keep it any longer.
Got top Kelley Blue Book for it, that made SWIMPAL and I very happy.

gary porter
08-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Dave Fleming:
I don't get it.

Seems like it should be cheaper.

AND, on the continent, Diesel vehicles are preferred over gasoline powered ones.

Strange Very Strange. :confused: Hey Dave, Bottled water takes almost no refining and it costs more than gasoline,,,go figure.
Gary..
:D

Dave Fleming
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Bottled water takes almost no refining and it costs more than gasoline,,,go figure.
Gary..Nope, 25 cents a gallon fer that stuff down here.
;)

Willin'
08-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I put 10 gallons of B100 biodiesel in the boat last month for $34.00 I've been mixing it 50/50, but at this rate I may try straight B100 soon, at least during the warm months.

Ken Hutchins
08-11-2005, 01:42 PM
An indication of what heating expenses will be this winter. :eek: Mighty glad I burn wood, just a bit more cost for the chainsaw fuel.

Wild Dingo
08-11-2005, 10:58 PM
mmm an yous blokes are worried? :rolleyes:
as I recall theres 4 litres to 1 US gallon right? well close enough for now

So in Mt Magnet West Aussie were Ive just come from unleaded petrol ran at $1.55 per litre while deisel ran at $1.89 per litre

So given this wee excersize we have

1 litre of deisel = $1.89 per x 4 = $7.56 per US gallon

1 litre of ulp = $1.55 per x 4 = $6.20 per US gallon

now lets take this one more step eh?

the going rate at ebays currency converter for 1 Aus $ converting to US $ our deisel price of $7.56AUD = $5.84USD while our ulp price turns from $6.20AUD = $4.78USD

In Perth its a tad cheeper around $1.20per litre for ulp and $1.30 per for deisel

Soooo either way... were still payin bloody more for the ****e than yous blokes so stop yer bloody whingin! tongue.gif

[ 08-12-2005, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Wild Dingo ]

doorstop
08-12-2005, 02:00 AM
What Shane said you buncha whingin' Septics.... we are paying schidtloads for blody diesel, I think you pricks have it too easy by far! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wild Dingo
08-12-2005, 03:01 AM
:D :D :D short and succinct as always stoppers me ol china plate :cool:

Oyvind Snibsoer
08-12-2005, 03:39 AM
It's good, in a way, to see that others are paying almost as much as we are now for fuel. OTOH, diesel is, and has always been, cheaper than gas around here, though not by much these days. But you can use untaxed diesel in boats here, which is ~$1/litre. Car diesel is ~$1.50, gas about $0.15 more.

FWIW, sweet crude is at a new record high today, at $65.80/BBL. Unleaded gas is $1.95/gal.

Phillip Allen
08-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Say Dingo...how much of your fuel cost is tax? Ours here (Arkansas) is I think .48/gallon

Wild Dingo
08-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Dont know exactly how it percentages out Phillip but I know the Feds get a major major slice of the price then the states take their share and if memory serves at the end of the day the bloke who runs the servo gets all of about a cent per litre from it.

Oh yeah the big boys rule over here

You know what phisses me of most though? Those flamin gits that get on the idiot box an say stupid dumbass things like "There are bargains to be had at the bowser if people are prepared to shop around, there are big savings to be had over a year" ahem?? Yeah right dipstick! When you consider that not everyone a) drives a little nippondenso toyoba or bloody mishubushy and b) not everyone lives within a phart of a dozen servos its not bloody likely much of savings can be made at all

fer instance... here in this little town there is one servo... yeppo just one... nearest is 30 klicks away south or 20 klicks north neither any cheeper and one actually dearer... so okay I decide to "shop around" so I rattle off in me ol effy "busty bertha" when shes down to just under a quater of a tank... 20 klicks north check out the price uhoh dearer than where I come from so wheel her around and head south through this town to Bunbury 30 klicks away first servo is again dearer second same price next about 10 klicks further on into town is a cent cheeper... oh yeah real savings eh? :rolleyes:

You needs the stuff to make busty bertha go roooaaarrr broooooooooommm put brrrrroooomm so you pay the price and buy the stuff!! gotcha by the short an curleys Im afraid and if you gotta drive the miles Ive been doin lately to isolated one servo towns then theres no bloody choice whatever!

High C
08-12-2005, 08:51 AM
You Aussies, and Europeans for that matter, aren't paying $7 a gallon for fuel. Most of that is taxation.

You have a tax problem. Your governments are raping you blind.