PDA

View Full Version : NASTY BUG

km gresham
09-26-2004, 05:15 PM
We seem to have one around the house. Fever for days, achy, cough, head congested. Not fun. Anybody else have this thing yet? Its taken down 2 strong men in this house. I'm hoping that like nurses I'm immune :eek: smile.gif :eek:

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
09-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Noah had it too. Guess it's gonna be a long winter Karen. :rolleyes:

Hang in there. smile.gif

Stiletto
09-26-2004, 06:23 PM
It's reached the other side of the Pacific too. I've been feeling like I've been kicked by four men with steelcap boots. :( Good luck with the immunity!

[ 09-26-2004, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Stiletto ]

km gresham
09-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Yep, I guess we've been besieged by hurricanes and now comes plague! :eek: Looks like we're gonna be headed to the doctor tomorrow for some concoction or potion or something to get the Alpha male back on his feet. smile.gif

Nothing sadder than seeing a big, strong man so ill - unless its seeing a little one so ill!

Y'all take care! smile.gif

Bruce G
09-26-2004, 10:10 PM
I've already set things up to go to the Dr. in the morning. This crap is just not going away!
I hope the doc can give me something to get it out of my system quick, I feel like hammered monkey sh!t :(

Ken Hutchins
09-27-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm just getting over it, it's been a bad couple of weeks, nasty congestion.

km gresham
09-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Good luck, Bruce - Pneumonia is what the dr told Charles this morning. I guess the fever will hang on for a few more days. :(

Russell Sova
09-27-2004, 11:18 AM
I had this last week while on a trip around Ohio. On Monday night I felt awful, started popping Cold Eaze, garlic pills, vit C and Quercitin. And lots of water. Felt much better the next morning but felt like I had been sick for a week, you know the feeling, but this lasted only about an hour. Fueled up with prodigious amounts of hot cereal and was over it in less than 18 hours. Never give in.

imported_Dutch
09-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I had somekind of strange illness back in May. Was the sickest I can ever remember being. Had a very high fever of over 104, kidneys felt like a mule had practiced kicking on them, incredible head ache, semi halucinatory state for a couple days. I hope Ive already had whats going around now.

Bruce G
09-27-2004, 12:21 PM
Upper Resp. Infection for me. Dr. told me it looks as if I have rounded the corner and charged me my copay.

Told me to stay the course and keep up the meds that I have been using, because this is a yearly event for me.

km gresham
09-27-2004, 12:27 PM
smile.gif

martin schulz
09-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by km gresham:
Anybody else have this thing yet? Its taken down 2 strong men in this house. I'm hoping that like nurses I'm immuneActually men are wimps when it comes to classic illnesses. Once we feel week and don't have a clue what is happening to our bodies we start whining.
;)

km gresham
09-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Well, some do. Out of 4 males in my little family 2 will proclaim they're dying as soon as they sneeze or get a headache and if the other two complain of "not feeling well" you better get them to the hospital fast because they're on death's door. :rolleyes: smile.gif

martin schulz
09-27-2004, 01:11 PM
A friend of mine (a doc) told me that this typical male behaviour has to do with the fact that men are not really used to see a doctor regulary, wheras women do of course. So this is quite a problem since men tend have a bad sensation for their body functions. They either dramatise small ills or ignore important body signals.

km gresham
09-27-2004, 01:35 PM
I have both ends of that spectrum. Once you figure out who hollers about nothing and who won't mention feeling out of sorts until its nearly too late, it becomes a little easier to respond appropriately. But then there is the tendency to brush off the complainers when there really is a serious illness or injury. :eek:

km gresham
09-28-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm moving out! Charles is still battling pneumonia - just when he thinks it may be letting go the fever comes roaring back (5 days now) and tonight #3 son is sick. (#2 son had it 2 weeks ago and #1 son doesn't live here, so MAYBE he won't get it).

I need a mask or something. :( :eek: :(

Donn
09-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Hopefully, Chas. is seeing the medico for this ailment.

09-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Healing thoughts and prayers for your sick ones Nurse Karen.
Hang in there. smile.gif

km gresham
09-28-2004, 08:04 PM
smile.gif Thanks!

Charles got fever on Friday and when he went to the doctor Monday it was pneumonia. #3 boy got sick tonight and I'm haulin' his hiney to the doctor first thing tomorrow. I'm gonna check into their easy pay plan. :rolleyes:

#2 boy was sick for 2 weeks - no diagnosis, just antibiotics and fluids.

Never a dull moment! Can't wait for flu season. :eek:

Donn
09-28-2004, 08:16 PM
I suggest increasing beef intake. It'll cure what ails them.

09-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Chicken soup too. ;)
The broth lubes the pipes.

[ 09-28-2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Know It All ]

09-29-2004, 09:53 AM
How's the guys doing Karen?
Better today I hope. smile.gif

Warm green tea with honey and lemon might help. ;)

[ 09-29-2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Know It All ]

km gresham
09-29-2004, 11:01 AM
:D All good suggestions! Charles is still sick - maybe a wee bit better. Fingers and toes crossed! Technical Medical term for youngest son's illness is "the crud". Antibiotics and fluids. I shall buy stock in antibiotics soon.

Y'all stay healthy out there - someone told me that chicken soup, beef and green tea is supposed to be good for you! ;) :D

John C. Gresham
09-29-2004, 01:16 PM
The only thing I have to worry about out here is allergies for the most part...

On the other hand I'm such a hermit that never gets out, so if I get sick for days, nobody would ever know....

km gresham
09-29-2004, 01:19 PM
I'll find out. smile.gif