PDA

View Full Version : I expect you all to be prepared this year!

stan v
03-16-2003, 08:06 AM
And I highly recommend this feeder!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/p49afa6b91218cc51c930d5f300349f03/fd411667.jpg

NormMessinger
03-16-2003, 10:19 AM
WOW! Another Leica moment. (Joe, I'm only picking on you a little. That's just my way of complimenting the contrast, clarity and sharpness of a picture. Heck, it might have been taken with a Nikon but you see what I mean.)

Rocky
03-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Hummingbirds are so cool - the red attracts them. Just about any clear feeder will do with a little red coloring and sugar in the water.

[ 03-16-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Rocky ]

Rex Fearnehough
03-16-2003, 10:55 AM
That is a good picture Stan.
I somehow didn't see you as a person interested in that sort of thing.
Please reassure me that it isn't a shooting gallery for your magnum.
;)

ishmael
03-16-2003, 11:12 AM
I used to have a quince just outside my window that bloomed flaming red in the spring. A great humingbird bush.

Last summer I spent a week or so with my brother at his island camp on Lake Huron. The humingbirds were think as fleas on a hound. Fascinating watching their pecking order. There was a dominant male who fought off all the other males. They could only sneak in to the feeder when he was otherwhere. Really, really agressive little buggers.

[ 03-16-2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

Wild Dingo
03-16-2003, 11:15 AM
Excellent shot there stan!! leica moments are aweflaminsome eh??!!

Now Rex... you know deep down in his good ol boy Texassian heart stan the man is really just a gentle soft ol pussy! :D tongue.gif

Rex Fearnehough
03-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Sorry Shane I just do not like the "man."

JimD
03-16-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey Stan! Dingo just called you a pussy!

Wild Dingo
03-16-2003, 12:01 PM
aaahhh Rex mate... stans okay just a tad confused in his political leanings is all but then you gotta give him his due... he is learning!! and by bein here amongst us fellas he will assimilate and wont even know its happening!! :D

I just love the way he THINKS hes changin us and all the time its him whos changing... notice hes been a lot nicer lately?? a gentler more quieter stan? well see that us rubbin off on him!! No worries! :cool:

before yer know it hes gonna be out there in the woods huggin all the trees he can find cuddling up with all the bambies around with no hot shot bam bam rifle in his mitts... {now dont that give yer visions!!!! HA! tongue.gif }

but he will always be a Texassian and so we gotta expect some shows of that intrinsic "Bring em back dead or alive" "We gots ta go ta war boy cause well he tried ta kill me paw all them years ago" and well just let him go for it mate... ;)

no worries hes actually gettin a whole lot nicer than he was awhile back and his heart is actully in the right place although some would argue with that :D :cool:

Truth to tell me an ol stan is mates from way back... we just recognize hes different... sorta walks to a different drummer is all kinda reminiscent of "One flew over the cuckoos nest" HA!! :D

Jim no geographical linguistics PLEASE!!! I mean hes actually a big softy!! sheeesh I gotta stop callin people a flamin pussy they gets the wrong idea every time!! :rolleyes:

[ 03-16-2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Wild Dingo ]

stan v
03-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JimD:
Hey Stan! Dingo just called you a ...Thank you JimD! Those Aussies, and especially WD 50 sure are quick to name call. I never do that. tongue.gif I did see he, ah, amended? the implication that I was from the west coast, or Maine. See, he ain't such a bad fellow, being from OZ and all. They're funny down there, think they're important, cause they be from European stock, or some such. Now us Texans, well, we're the right stuff, never lie, exaggerate, or beat our chests! Did y'all know there have been several presidents from Texas? Yes, it's twue. Hey, WD 50, you old peacenik, don't you have some roos to round up or something?
:D ;)

Rocky
03-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Cmon Rex, don't you know what we use to sight in small-caliber rifles? tongue.gif

Rex Fearnehough
03-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Texans?

stan v
03-16-2003, 03:40 PM
OK, Model T, I'll tell you about hummingbirds. We have a bunch, well we will have by September when they begin the migration back to South America. Plus or minus 75 last year. I mean dozens swarming around our deck porch with our 12 feeders and plants just for them. A mister (sprayer) that provides them a place to cool off and bathe. Cool birds. Very cool. Aerial combat aces. Aggressive. Give me a minute and I'll show you how aggressive they are.

How about this:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/pc8aac1c127792dada001fe1b1d474d2f/fd411023.jpg

[ 03-16-2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: stan v ]