PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the inner ego

cs
09-02-2005, 06:58 AM
I guess it is kind of justification for doing your best. I mean it really comes from those that matter.

The receptionist and myself were having our morning talk, you know gossiping and whatnot. Just kinda of the morning ritual where she gets her frustrations with co-workers out. And her frustrations are indeed justified and they tend to mirror my frustrations.

Well we got to talking about another project manager who has been a project manager longer than me, but he is one of those that is afraid to make a decission. I make them, right or wrong, but I make them.

I was talking about how lost I tend to get and how overwhelming it can get, but I still love it. She told me that the wife of my on the site supervisor had told her that her husband had said that I knew more about what I was doing than any other person in the office.

This made me feel good and kinda feed that inner ego. I feel that I've a lot to learn and I sometimes get lost, but I do plow on and like I said above I will make a decission right or wrong.

Chad

Bruce Hooke
09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Doesn't that sort of thing feel good! :cool:

Ross M
09-02-2005, 10:04 AM
:cool:

cs
09-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Bruce it does feel good, esp when the field guys recgonize it.

Jeff, I'm not sure that I'm qualified for either, but I do have the detrmination that many around me lack.

Chad

don't mean to sound like I'm glorifying myself

Alan D. Hyde
09-02-2005, 02:07 PM
George Bernard Shaw---

"One man who has a mind and knows it can beat ten who haven't and don't."

Give yourself credit where credit is due, Chad. :D :D

Alan

WindHawk
09-02-2005, 02:21 PM
There is a kind of misconception that acknowledging a job well done is somehow bragging. It is not.

Congrats.