PDA

View Full Version : y'all dig on swine?

Paul Pless
10-22-2005, 08:16 AM
ah yessssss! BBQ season reopens today. you yankees just think you got it hard when it comes to cooking out. Today is the first day with acceptably cool weather enough to get close to a smoker here in the land of Dixie since Memorial Day.

I even thought about tieing a good morning beer buzz on, but its an awefully long football day today. :D

[ 10-22-2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Paul Pless ]

Memphis Mike
10-22-2005, 08:23 AM
"I even thought about tieing a good morning beer buzz on,"

In the old days, I would have already had my first six or seven by now. By lunch time I'd be buying another eighteen.

You sound as if you can't hang....rather wimpy. ;)

Paul Pless
10-22-2005, 08:29 AM
You sound as if you can't hang....rather wimpy. MM, in the old days, I'd be just going to bed right now ;)

Paul Pless
10-22-2005, 08:36 AM
Mike that is nice. smile.gif

Today really is the day that kicks the season off for me. From here on, till it gets hot again, is when we camp on the sandbars and fry fish till late in the night and smoke pork slow all day long. My favorite time of year.

editted to add:
My favorite time of year. except for when the big stripers run to the tailraces in the early springtime of course

[ 10-22-2005, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Paul Pless ]

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
10-22-2005, 12:37 PM
I love this time of year too.
I like to BBQ Chicken. ;)
Up here we BBQ all winter just to keep warm. :D
It's offically OVEN season though and I'm enjoying making things that I haven't wanted to since the air conditioning kicked on last May.
Perch and Walleye fishing are peaking in Lake Erie and the best fish fries are in the fall.
The down side is putting away our boats until spring. :rolleyes: