X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garrett Lowell
    • Apr 2002

If he gets back in.

Bitter and shrill, are we?
    Berryville, VA: A quaint little drinking community with a farming problem.
  • Lawrence Silver
    • May 2004

Bush is going to be missing quite of few of his current hench men and women. Ie Rice, Powell, Tenet and who knows who else. I expect Rumsfeld wont make another term either.

Where will he find another group of folks so adept at and willing to lie, lie, lie?

[ 06-04-2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Bigrock ]

Comment

• Andrew Craig-Bennett
      Who?
      • Aug 1999

I have too much faith in the American people to imagine that he might, conceivably, be re-elected.
      IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Comment

• NormMessinger
        • Feb 2000

I don't know Andrew. You've often had a better insight to the forest than those of us who can't see it for the trees, so to speak, but I worry. This outfit would call a tornado a strategic readjustment if it keeps the lackies in line and fools enough others.

Comment

• Gresham CA
          Senior Member Old # 993
          • Jan 2000

Bigrock
          That's all for now. And let me reiterate my promise to stay away from politics :

I will not, under penalty of deep disappointment, engage in any further poltical ranting that involves : the war in Iraq, America's president, or the state of America's public*.

Comment

• Lawrence Silver
            • May 2004

I made clear that the writing was some one elses that I cut and pasted. Sorry to get your hopes up. Carry on.

Comment

• Gresham CA
              Senior Member Old # 993
              • Jan 2000

Sorry about that then. I thought the last comments were your's. Carry on.

Comment

• Memphis Mike
                Banned
                • Jun 2001

He isn't going to get back in Dutch.

Comment

• Jack Heinlen
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2002

So youse guys want JFK two, who can't make up his mind, who defamed fellow soldiers in a time of war, who is a prevaricator out the ying yang, over the idiot prince?

I'm shocked to find gambling going on here.

I pray for my country. I love my country. I pray no man on a white horse comes to rescue it. But it needs rescuing from the current political crisis.

Jung and Jungians speak of a crisis of opposites. I've said this before, but when the opposition is well enough heated a third is called. A sort of King Arthur in his better aspects.

We're in trouble with these choices. We know it, the world knows it. God Bless America.

Comment

• Memphis Mike
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2001

"We're in trouble with these choices. We know it, the world knows it. God Bless America."

We're in deeper trouble if the Dubya is allowed to stay in office. I said he won't get back in and I mean he won't get back in legally. Only an idiot would vote for him and someone who is only concerned with the contents of their pockets. Our country has been sold out to the mega rich. The majority may no longer have any control over who is in office. The next election will tell the tale. If it's a close election and the Dubya wins, I can just about guarantee you there has been more election fraud and cheating just as he did in the last one. The Diebold system is in place. No records, nothing to count.

Comment

• Lawrence Silver
                      • May 2004

Its called Plutocracy Mike.

A Plutocracy comprises a government system where wealth is the principal basis of power (from the Greek ploutos meaning wealth).
                      The influence of wealth on governance can be expressed either via the wealthy classes directly governing, or (more typically) by the wealthy classes using money to control the government. This control can be exerted positively (by financial "contributions" or in some cases, bribes) or negatively by refusing to financially support the government (refusing to pay taxes, threatening to move profitable industries elsewhere, etc).

There have not been many examples of a "true" plutocracy in history as such, although they typically emerge as one of the first governing systems within a territory after a period of anarchy. Plutocracy is closely related to Aristocracy as a form of government, as generally wealth and high social status have been closely associated throughout history.

[ 06-04-2004, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Bigrock ]

Comment

• brad9798
                        • May 2000

Right on Donn.

Some folks are so blinded by their hatred of Bush, they'd sell their souls for someone else ...

That is scary ... that is real these days.

If the Bush family had 1/2 the money as the Heinz/Kerry's I could take some of these folks seriously.

Bush doesn't hide who he is ... Kerry is great at playing like he is just a normal guy like the voters! You dem. voters are fools to believe that.
                        Nothing else matters but how I raise my children ... and their opinion of me, as a father.

Comment

• vernetluc
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Donn:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
                          ..Our country has been sold out to the mega rich..
                          Yeah, like George Soros, Warren Buffet and Teresa Heinz Kerry. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, sadly sadly sadly true...

I'm really sorry for you, folks...
                          "Homme libre, toujours tu cheriras la mer" (Charles Baudelaire)

Comment

• High C
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Lucky Luke:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Donn:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
                            ..Our country has been sold out to the mega rich..
                            Yeah, like George Soros, Warren Buffet and Teresa Heinz Kerry. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, sadly sadly sadly true...

I'm really sorry for you, folks...
                            </font>[/QUOTE]Don't be, Luke. Only a few of us are depressed and pessimistic as you see on this forum, and in our "news media". It's an illusion. Those who have lost their grip on power are not adapting well.

Most of us are healthy, happy, and glad to be Americans! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-04-2004, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: High C ]

Comment

• NormMessinger
                              • Feb 2000

And "most" is good enough. Only a minority lack adequate wages to live on, lack hearth care, have babies who die early, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. No sweat. All they need is a little intitive,eh?

Comment

Working...