PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Native son
03-21-2003, 11:13 PM
I just joined this thing, but I have been reading some stuff for a while. I like boats, but all I have is an old chestnut canoe, but its wood with canvas on top. This part of the place seems to have lots of opinions. I probably have a few to add too :D :( :eek: :cool: tongue.gif Hey these are neat

gunnar I am
03-21-2003, 11:44 PM
What? How rude . Nobody gives this guy a hearty welcome? That stinks worse than the time Basil ate the mushrooms Carter pulled out of his goulash, and then was all zipped up in his sleeping bag with him. I fortunately was next to the tent door.

gunnar I am
03-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Oh, and welcome Darryl!!

Native son
03-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Are we talking about stinkin up the tent?

gunnar I am
03-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Don't treat it so lightly! Basil's a big dog! He ate a lot of mushrooms! It was a raelly small tent! :eek: :eek:

Native son
03-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Get a bigger tent. We use them all the time up here..big canvas jobs. Eating mushrooms is easier than hunting ofr basil I guess :D

mmd
03-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Poisonous gas attack by terrorist dog! Duct tape your tent flaps! Call Homeland Security!

Dang! Us east-coast Canucks are downwind, too! :eek:

Art Read
03-22-2003, 01:37 AM
I don't know. Pretty hard to feel too "welcoming" towards an individual who visits an online community, (hosted by an American publication) who begins his "discusion" by wondering "how anyone could possibly feel good about being an American?" on a night when many of us are gravely concerned for, and proud of, our loved ones overseas. And who then proceeds to "dump on" Americans with every subsequent post.

No, I, for one, believe I will simply ignore him from here on out, thank you.

(From some previous posts this evening...)

Darryl w
Member # 6649

posted 03-21-2003 11:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The people I have found to be the mouthiest in my experience are american. They always have to be right, and yell at everybody till they are. I have some french canadian friends, and they are just like other people. Americans always find a reason to put someone else down. Who cares

--------------------
Canada. The true north strong and free

Darryl w
Member # 6649

posted 03-21-2003 11:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Americans always forget there bad manners Hoss. Its because they have so many of them these are cool

--------------------

Darryl w
Member # 6649

posted 03-21-2003 11:28 PM
Lots of Iraqs people are going to die. It will be Americas fault.

--------------------

Captain Pre-Capsize
Member # 6591

posted 03-21-2003 11:35 PM
Thanks Darryl, I feel so much better now about being an American.

--------------------
We should get out of an experience only what is in it lest we be like the cat that sat on a hot stove. It will never sit on a hot stove again but neither will it sit on a cold one.
Mark Twain

Darryl w
Member # 6649

posted 03-21-2003 11:40 PM
How could anyone feel good about that?

--------------------

[ 03-22-2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Art Read ]

shamus
03-22-2003, 02:56 AM
Hi Darryl. Welcome as far as I'm concerned. But be careful, this ain't cyberspace, its ummerican cyberspace. And don't you go hurting the feelings of those who launched that barrage on Baghdad last night. They're very tender & easily hurt. Get a life Art.

Native son
03-22-2003, 06:13 AM
I guess I was just trying to even things out when it comes to right and wrong. America is always right of course all of us peasants know that. How else could a country that is so high on democracy not need a majority to invade another country. Gee, I didn't know that cyberspace was american too. You guys own all the good stuff.

huisjen
03-22-2003, 07:16 AM
Welcome Darryl. You should know that most people need more than six hours of sleep per night, but I see you're doing your best to fit in with the 24/7 crowd around here. :D :D

Dan

Ron Williamson
03-22-2003, 07:25 AM
Hi Darryl
Welcome
Tread lightly
Has spring arrived yet in Little Current?
Most of the Saugeen broke up yesterday.
R

gunnar I am
03-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Thank you for posting that Art. I was unaware of his earlier postings. Darryl, I don't mind critisism of U.S. gov't policy, but your comments are little more than name calling, and seem to include ALL of us. Shame on you. :(

Andrew Craig-Bennett
03-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Not all of us are American. Those of us who subscribe to Wooden Boat from overseas are not only supporting the US economy but supporting this forum. And some of us go to bed in accordance with our longitude!

Bruce Taylor
03-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Funny how things work around here. Somebody posts an angry note, sarcastically "thanking" all Canadians for the behaviour of a few louts at the Montreal Forum.

This activates a hitherto dormant nationalist lurker who starts indiscriminately blaming Americans for all sorts of wickedness and bad manners.

Darryl, if you're going to treat the people around here as individuals, and not as convenient targets for your anger and frustration, you are certainly welcome here.

But if you are hoping to hold the Americans here accountable for everything that's ever annoyed you about our neighbour, I'd rather you went back to lurking.

stevenovascotia
03-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Welcome Darryl.
Put yer seatbelt on... :D

High C
03-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Darryl sounds like a real hoser to me. :mad:

stevenovascotia
03-22-2003, 09:02 AM
High C: "Hoser" is a compliment in Canada. It means " a good guy to share a brew with".
BTW - Where is "LA"? is that somewhere near Texas? ;)

Rocky
03-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Punish that dog, Gunnar. Eat some pepperoni and make him stay in the room with you.

High C
03-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Oops! redface.gif I remembered that from SCTV back in the '80s. I thought it was derrogatory. Make that: Sounds to me like Darryl's a knob! :D

LA is indeed close to the great state of Texas. We live comfortably to the east of it's mighty shadow.

[ 03-22-2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: High C ]