PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest football rivalry

Michael
11-25-2002, 08:57 AM
http://www.al.com/galleries/ironbowl/

Families are split. Arguments ensue. Whiskey bottles fly in the stands. A lot of nonsense over a game, but sommeone call the Queen and tell her that Auburn Beat Alabama!

WAR D*AMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

cs
11-25-2002, 09:03 AM
Here in TN we cheer for one of two teams. They being the TN Vols and ANYONE who plays Alabama. So congatulation to Auburn!

On a side note Michael, what about my birds?

Atlanta: 41
Carolina: 0

Chad

Michael
11-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Saw that too. Must be the most lopsided win in Falcons history.

cs
11-25-2002, 09:17 AM
From CNNSI:

Atlanta posted its greatest margin of victory since 1973, when they defeated San Diego, 41-0. Carolina has suffered only one greater defeat in team history, a 52-9 thrashing at Oakland in 2000. The Panthers have never had a worse home loss.

Chad

Ken Hall
11-25-2002, 12:16 PM
Just to get this thread back on topic...make that on topic for the first time... ;)

Ohio State 14
Michigan 9

garland reese
11-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Our preacher is an Alabama Boy.........he mentioned about it being a dark day in Alabama yesterday.

Oklahoma Sooner vs Texas Longhorns......... gets a bit crazy around here on that weekend. Fortunately they always play in TX. Texas hasn't had much luck the last few years with OU ;) . A&M, well, that's another story, I suppose......so much for a championship season this year. :rolleyes:

Don W
11-25-2002, 07:53 PM
Nothing gets 'em going in the 700 level of Veterans Staduim like when the Dallas Cowboys role into Philly. It is known that any fool who shows up in the blue and silver will most likely not leave wearing the blue and silver. However, I don't get the feeling the the fans in Dallas really care about the Eagles what so ever.

Remove me from this thing.
11-25-2002, 09:25 PM
I'm taking off tomorrow for WI to watch my beloved Green Bay Packers face their arch-rivals, the Chicago Bears. By far and away it's my favorite game of the year. No matter how bad either team stinks, they always seem to play each other hard.

Go Packers!

Mr. Know It All
11-25-2002, 09:43 PM
I grew up watching the Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburg Steelers from the Dawg Pound. True Rivalry.
Kevin in Ohio

P.S. Go Buckeyes!!!

bagpiper
11-27-2002, 12:46 AM
I moved from Langley, VA to Prattville, Alabama, way back in 1981. I remember the first question I was asked when I started school that year:

"Who do you root for?"

"Err... The USAF Falcons?"

Bzzzztttt... Wrong answer. I never was fully accepted after that. Never seen before or after such a strong rivalry. Was lucky to be a fan during the Bear Bryant years.

(Tulane (my alma mater) vs. LSU? A mostly one-sided vendetta, and since the first few years, pretty much a gnat attacking a tiger... Sigh...)

Concordia..41
11-27-2002, 06:54 AM
I would have posted earlier but was off licking my wounds, which was either before or after I drank myself into oblivion after hearing the devestating News.

I knew Chad occasionally flirted with the dark side, but Michael :eek: :eek: Next thing you'll be agreeing with Stan, or spelling like Leggett - he was an Auburn grad you know tongue.gif

Seriously, I left Alabama in the early 80's and kindof lost my taste for college football. It is NOT the same anyplace else I've lived. Twenty years later though, hearing that News still has the effect of a physical blow.

Cheers!

- Margo

cs
11-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Margo you shouldn't feel to bad. Alabama did beat us and so did Florida and Miami. :(

Chad

Beowolf
11-27-2002, 08:01 AM
Being a graduate of Michigan State University, and a devout Lions fan, I'm doing my best to forget that there is such a thing as football.

On a side note, I had a friend who moved to Denver. At The Joe, we all yell "Av's suck!" when they come to Hockeytown, however, I've been told by said friend that the Avalanche fans yell "Red Wing's suck!" at every home game, regardless of their opponent.

Take Care.

Jeff.