PDA

View Full Version : Texas A Model Ford crew visit Mandurah West Aussie!

Wild Dingo
04-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Well I went awanderin this lunch time... down to the forshore I headed and as I wandered into the local Red Rooster take away chook shop I spied a mess of old OLD and I mean seriassly OLD A model fords in various condition and look from the rust bucket with the old metal tractor seat on the front mudguard to the flashy shiney ubloodybeaut done up pristine sunshine ones...

Sittin glimmering in the midday sun they stood in all there glory... nope no camera as I was at work so will have to put up with me natterin... beautiful backdrop of the azure blue waters of the Peel Inlet made for an absolutely amazing thing to see.

Now how the blazes did I know they were from Texas? well asside from the fact that the one that looked like a rust bucket reject from the wrecking yard after an equally ancient tractor had had a front end grope session with it having TEXAS USA emblasoned on its number plate and TEXAS TO AUSSIE 2004 on the passenger side door... asside from ALL of these vehicles having TEXAS USA written all over them... apart from all that the unmistakable TWANG of the TEXARSIAN accent ringing through the fast food shop could have made you mistake you were in downtown Hoooston Texas itself!

So anyways I struck up a wee bit of a yarn with one of these fine people an elderly sheila named Jane Kerr {Jane I think but Kerr definantly} and seems these fellas couldnt think of a finer way to see such a fine country as Ooowwwstraaalia than from the slow movin leather seats of their beloved A models... for those interested Jane and her hubby had chicken burgers with chips and a coke! tongue.gif

As I said me "take it easy's" and left I wondered if anyone knew these great people? didnt get to yarning with anyone else since the cars were totally swarming with people oggling and yakkin... and well I was supposed to be at work not that that stupid fact ever stopped me yarning when I got in the mood but anyways I had me a nice time with these fine fellas and sheilas from the great state of TEXARSE! oops Texas US of A :cool:

stan v
04-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Your life will change for the better in ways you've never dreamed, or may even realize until you stop to pontificate this meeting years later and know that meeting Texans changed your life forever. Did your chest swell and did you see clearly the pinko communists that were in the crowd? :D

WD 50, Texan...... by association. tongue.gif

Wild Dingo
04-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by stan v:
Your life will change for the better in ways you've never dreamed, or may even realize until you stop to pontificate this meeting years later and know that meeting Texans changed your life forever. Did your chest swell and did you see clearly the pinko communists that were in the crowd? :D

WD 50, Texan...... by association. tongue.gif Mate my life didnt change at all through my brief meeting with these fine people... I just met some good "downhome folks" :D and I cant say as I seen a pinko among them either other than one of the younger sheilas fine pink sweater that sure swelled with every breath! ;)

Texan by association? HA!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!! :D gawd I meet a couple exchange a half dozen words and hello Im a Texarsian! :cool:

Standley V... Aussie by association :D

doorstop
04-13-2004, 10:02 PM
They came through here about a fortnight ago, my mate who runs the local tyre shop couldn't work out why all these little old ladies were driving men through town....... then we pointed out that they was yankers and had the steerin' wheel/tiller thingy on the wrong side.

Leon m
04-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Were they wearing big shiny belt buckles and
spittin tabaca :D How the heck ya been Dingo?
Feel Like ya been slippin away from us lately.
Every thing hunky dory?Have ya givin any more
thought about that boat building dream...the
one with all the lumber? What ever happened with
that job in the out back?

Jim H
04-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Shane there is a big club here in Sugar Land (they hang out at Vasos BBQ on Friday night) so I'll ask aroound.

Jack Heinlen
04-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Let me get this straight: a group of Model A owners shipped their buggy to Australia to do a rally? As Andrew would say, I'm gobsmacked. It sounds like fun, but talk about wealth without focus.

stan v
04-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Someone lost in Maine: but talk about wealth without focus.

:rolleyes: