PDA

View Full Version : Football time

cs
09-28-2004, 06:25 AM
The season is now well under way. How is your team doing? Jeff, sorry to hear about the Lions loss this week. How are those Spartans doing? I see they are 2-2, but how are they doing as a team?

The Falcons won again, even though it was ugly.

The Vols are 3-0 and pounded LA Tech over the weekend 42-17, but still didn't move up in the polls. This week we have a real challenge, Auburn, and than the week after that we get to go play between the hedges agaisn't #3 Georgia. The next 2 weeks will tell whether or not we are a championship caliaber team.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/tenn/graphics/tenn-masthead-t-new.gif

Chad

edited to add a mean looking bird.

http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/clubhouse/atl.gif

[ 09-28-2004, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: cs ]

bamamick
09-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Well, the Crimson Tide lost their first one last week. With a new quarterback and a coach that is still learning on the job I have no idea how successful we will be this year, but it doesn't really matter. I have bled crimson since the day I was born, and will until it's time to check out.

We will win more than we lose this year. Hopefully,starting on Saturday against South Carolina. I will be there, so I am especially hoping for a victory. It's a long ride home after a loss.

Mickey Lake

Beowolf
09-28-2004, 09:20 PM
State's win was far less impressive than the score implied. They held Indiana to 41 total yards in the 2nd half, which was good, but the game damn near ran away from them in the 1st half. This weekend could be brutal against Iowa.

As for the Lions...It was an eye opener. I think the Eagles showed them that they may be at the top of the 2nd tier teams, but they are still a 2nd tier team. Getting better though.

Jeff

NormMessinger
09-29-2004, 08:49 AM
The cheer leaders are more interesting than the football players but I understand Nebraska fans were saying, preseason, that if the Corn Huskers went five and five it would be a great season. After the first game, a programmed win, they were saying they were on their way to an undefeated season. After the second game, lost to a real opponent, they were saying fire the stupid coach what does he know about college football anyway, that west coast stuff has no place in our game. Whaaat eeeveeeeerrr.

cs
09-30-2004, 07:51 AM
I've yet to decide whether or not the Falcons have moved up to a first tier team. Yes they are 3-0 and have beat first tier teams like San Fran and St Louis, and beat them in a convincing manner. But than they squeaked by Arizona. And futhermore the Rams and the 49'rs may not be first tier this season.

This week agaisn't Carolina may tell.

Chad

Paul Pless
09-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Let's see, being the Alabama fan that I am, and looking at Tennessee's schedule for this weekend, I think it most appropriate to say WAR EAGLE! :D

cs
09-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Paul I thought that Bama fans were supposed to root for Bama and anyone playing Auburn. ;)

Looking forward to that game. Don't they have that Cadillac Williams? Seems he gave us fits last year.

Chad